Search

New Bonus opportunity

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2007, 8:29 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by adamak
URL didn't work anymore??
This is the URL that I found linked right from the front page of Delta.com.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 8:40 am

Thx! I didn't get the email but I had no problem registering.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Beckles
no mention of SkyMiles Dining ... if they count each restaurant as a transaction this would be not too difficult ...
The terms say they'll only count 1 SkyRewards partner. I thought SkyRewards was an incentive program where businesses purchase miles to award to employees. However, they list various retail partners as examples of SkyRewards partners, so I guess it means retailers???

...only one SkyRewards partner (e.g., SkyMall, LATHER, Organic Bouquet, Vinesse, Great American Days, Samsonite and Java City) activity is allowed...

If that's true, it seems kind of bogus.

If that's true, I bet they'll only count 1 SkyMiles Dining too.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by rrgg
If that's true, I bet they'll only count 1 SkyMiles Dining too.
That was my interpretation, also.

Mike
Old Apr 4, 2007, 8:59 am

In case this is needed in September when the bonus doesn't post
Terms & Conditions

Eligibility:
To participate in this offer, SkyMiles member must enroll online between April 1, 2007 and May 31, 2007.

Offer:
Earn up to 25,000 bonus miles. Earn 5,000 bonus miles (in addition to normal bonus miles) for each five (5) unique partner activities between April 1, 2007 and May 31, 2007, up to a maximum of 25,000 bonus miles. Only one activity per partner is allowed, only one Buy Miles activity is allowed, only one SkyRewards partner (e.g., SkyMall, LATHER, Organic Bouquet, Vinesse, Great American Days, Samsonite and Java City) activity is allowed, and only one SkyMiles Credit Card activity is allowed. These bonus miles are in addition to normal bonus miles offered by participating partners. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer.

Unique Partner Activity:
A unique partner activity is defined as one partner activity or Delta Buy Miles purchase between April 1, 2007 and May 31, 2007. Note that only one mileage-earning hotel partner stay/activity with a partner hotel family will count regardless of the number of different hotel stays within the family. For example, multiple stays at different Hilton brands (e.g., Doubletree, Embassy Suites and Hilton Hotels) will count as only one eligible activity; however, normal bonus miles may still be earned as a result of such multiple activities. One stay/activity at different hotel families, e.g., Hilton, Marriott, InterContinental, etc. will each count as an eligible activity for the threshold bonus promotion. A Delta Buy Miles purchase and a partner points to miles conversion transaction are considered eligible unique activities. Miles earned for purchases using your domestic or international SkyMiles Credit Card count as one eligible activity. Converting hotel partner points to miles and a stay/activity with the same hotel partner do not count as two activities. Flight activity on Delta or partner airlines is not eligible for this promotion. Delta Gift Miles and Transfer Miles activities are not eligible for this promotion.

Threshold Bonus Miles:
Bonus miles under this offer will only be awarded in 5,000 mile increments. For example, 8 unique partner activities would result in only 5,000 bonus miles. Please allow 10 to 12 weeks after the promotion ends for all bonus miles to post.

Award Travel:
Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets.

Miscellaneous:
Delta is sole sponsor of this promotion. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. Offers void where prohibited by law. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion® or Million Miler™ status. Other restrictions may apply. Offers subject to change without notice. All Delta SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules. Please refer Delta representative to 970640.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:10 am

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Where is the official list of SkyRewards partners? Is this simply the term for the retail partners listed on the website?
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by adamak
URL didn't work anymore??
Original url seems to still work fine.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:18 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
"Unique partner activity"

Originally Posted by mikeef
That was my interpretation, also.

Mike
Agreed. I think the key here is the repeated use of the phrase "unique partner activity." Joe's Burger & Suds may be a member of the iDine/Rewards Network, but it is not a partner with Delta Skymiles. The partner is iDine/Rewards Network, so you get one credit for a unique partner activity by going to the iDine/Rewards Network restaurant of your choosing.

Likely the same logic applies to a hotel chain being the partner, rather than the individual hotels in that chain.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:18 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
The terms say they'll only count 1 SkyRewards partner. I thought SkyRewards was an incentive program where businesses purchase miles to award to employees. However, they list various retail partners as examples of SkyRewards partners, so I guess it means retailers???

...only one SkyRewards partner (e.g., SkyMall, LATHER, Organic Bouquet, Vinesse, Great American Days, Samsonite and Java City) activity is allowed...

If that's true, it seems kind of bogus.
The quoted rule from the T&C is totally ambiguous. It might mean only one retailer of any description,-- i.e., Lather, SkyMilesShopping, SkyMiles dining, all together count as just one! That would be totally bogus.

Delta needs to clarify the rules, not write ambiguous ones with even more ambiguous examples given as illustrations. The only thing that's clear is that using the listed examples will count as a single unique use. Beyond that, totally unclear.

Originally Posted by EmoryFlyer
Where is the official list of SkyRewards partners? Is this simply the term for the retail partners listed on the website?
That's the issue exactly. Delta needs to clarify--or point us to where the definition is. Can anyone help?
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:34 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EmoryFlyer
Once you register you will get a thank you message with a link to the various partners.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:35 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Threshold Bonus Miles: Bonus miles under this offer will only be awarded in 5,000 mile increments. For example, 8 unique partner activities would result in only 5,000 bonus miles.
There's an important piece of information missing. What happens for <5 activities? Do you get nothing, or 5,000 bonus miles? If the former, shouldn't it be defined that "you get nothing unless you have at least 5 partner activities?"
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:55 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
This actually is not as easy as I thought, esp I don't have that many hotel stays ahead. Kinda tough beyond the first 10 activities. If my interpretation is correct, only 1 retail partner (aka anything involves a buy) is counted. DL or Partner flight activities don't count. And I'm not willing to transfer SPG to DL just yet. And as SPG PL, I don't think it's point-smart to stay in SPG to earn DL miles instead of SPG points just to get the bonus (can someone prove me wrong?). I also interpret each car rental from a different company counts as one.

So far, I can think of -

1. Transfer - E-miles
2. Transfer - E-rewards ( Think this count as a different activity)
3. Use DL credit card once
4. iDine once
5. Buy - flowers or whatever once
6. Stay - Marriott
7. Rent Dollar
8. Rent Alamo
9. Get Ameriprise auto quote
10. Join points.com
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:56 am

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium
Originally Posted by loomis
Once you register you will get a thank you message with a link to the various partners.
That list did not look any different to the list that is under delta.com->Ways to Get Miles->Earning Miles with Partners, at least when I took a glance at it. If it is a different listing that is more specialized towards this promotion, could someone please post it?
Old Apr 4, 2007, 11:02 am

Programs: SPG Plat
I registered yesterday, but did not get any confirmation email. I tried to register again and it said I already signed up. Can someone post a link that lists the partners?

Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
There's an important piece of information missing. What happens for <5 activities? Do you get nothing, or 5,000 bonus miles? If the former, shouldn't it be defined that "you get nothing unless you have at least 5 partner activities?"
I think that part is clear. You get nothing for 0-4 partners, 5k miles for using 5-9 unique partners, 10k for 10-14 partners, 15k for 15-19, 20k for 20-24, 25k for 25+. "Earn 5,000 bonus miles (up to 25,000 miles) for every 5 unique Delta SkyMiles partners used."

Originally Posted by loomis
That link just goes to this normal list: http://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_t...ners/index.jsp

I don't think that really answers the question about what SkyRewards means.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.