Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed Change?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Question Same Day Confirmed Change?

When can you receive a SDC ticket change @ no cost if you are GM? Is it 3 hours from the time of the original ticket or 3 hours from the flight you wish to change to (in the event the flight is an earlier flight you wish to take)?

Thanks so much for all of the help---this is such a valuable website!!!!
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
I believe it is 3 hours from the original scheduled flight. I just did this in BDL on Thursday and the reservationist said I could make the change because it was within 3 hours. I assumed 'of the original flight'.

I am sure someone else will comfirm or correct my answer.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:29 pm

Programs: delta pm, aa exp, hilton diamond
You can do a same day confirm with in three hours of the flight you would like to change to at no charge if you are a gm or pm. I have done this many times when a meeting ends early and there is a flight earlier then my original flight. For example if you are booked on a 6:00 pm fight and you are able to leave on a 1:00 pm flight you can book the 1:00 pm any time after 10:00 am.

I hope this helps you. This is one of the best perks delta offers.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
bnaboy is incorrect... Traveling Salesman has it. It is within 3 hours of the flight you'd like to change to. It must be within the Same CALENDAR Day.

Example - Orginal Flight: 12:55 AM Monday
You CAN SDC - 10:00 PM Monday
You CANNOT SDC - 11:00 PM Sunday
Old Mar 4, 2007, 7:04 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
So when do you call

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
bnaboy is incorrect... Traveling Salesman has it. It is within 3 hours of the flight you'd like to change to. It must be within the Same CALENDAR Day.

Example - Orginal Flight: 12:55 AM Monday
You CAN SDC - 10:00 PM Monday
You CANNOT SDC - 11:00 PM Sunday
Ok, so you want to fly later 10 pm than the scheduled 1255 am flight. If you call no more than three hours earlier that being 7 pm you have already missed your regularly scheduled flight. So how do you change to a later flight without risking having no flight?
Old Mar 4, 2007, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by jzumrick
Ok, so you want to fly later 10 pm than the scheduled 1255 am flight. If you call no more than three hours earlier that being 7 pm you have already missed your regularly scheduled flight. So how do you change to a later flight without risking having no flight?
I've always called SMS and check to see if there is a seat on the later flight and have them note on my PNR that I'm going to SDC.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 7:31 pm

If you call no more than three hours earlier that being 7 pm you have already missed your regularly scheduled flight. So how do you change to a later flight without risking having no flight?
You take the chance..... no way around it. I've had a hairy situation where I had a 7am MSY-ATL and wanted to take a 5 pm. It looked fine at 6am when I called SMS but at 12/1 a flight went MX and created a major backlog. I got to the airport ASAP (I was checking flights) and begged for a way to get out (all fights were now 10+ oversold), the agent took pitty and put me onto a 3:30 flight back row, middle seat and I was ecstatic. However unless I'd begged and pleaded I'd have been stuck buying a ticket on another airline.

SDC-ing to a LATER flight is always a major risk.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I look at the flight I want to change to online. If there are a fair number of seats, I'll risk it. But you could end up with no seats and your original flight is already long gone. I haven't had it happen yet although, in most cases I SDC for an earlier return home.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 5:45 am
Original Poster

As I anticipated, I knew you all would have the right answer. Last week when trying to make some schedule changes to a flight the agent @ the SMS told me something different. As is stated here, if you don't think you are getting the right answer hand up and call back again and speak to someone else because you will probably get a different answer and maybe eventually you will get the answer you want.

Many thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.