Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sorry, only German papers and magazines...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2007, 2:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Sorry, only German papers and magazines...

Just flew (Sunday) JFK-TXL in BE. In the BE lounge, the only reading material was a magazine called Pink, the DL Inflight and two copies of Friday's USA Today. Onboard, no magazines - the FA said, "I guess it's been awhile since you flew DL." Then another FA comes around with the cart with several German papers and magazines. I asked if there was any English reading material, "Sorry, not today."

I do have to say DL's new BE at JFK is nice and they have a service they told me about that enables your car service access to the underground waiting area for customs when returning.

The seats - as everyone knows - are nothing to write home about, but the service was fine and the meal was above average. The wine glasses were nicer than the wines!

I just thought - geez - can't you get a couple daily newspapers for BE - even AA still does that.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 5:02 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
I just thought - geez - can't you get a couple daily newspapers for BE - even AA still does that.
Sounds unusal. They distributed newspapers in at least two languages on my recent TATL flight.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 7:38 am

Programs: DL DM, Starwood Plat, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by DLfan
Sounds unusal. They distributed newspapers in at least two languages on my recent TATL flight.

I agree, last month on my JFK-BRU / BRU-JFK trip they had plenty of english, french, and german papers
Old Mar 5, 2007, 7:43 am

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Oh come on, everybody knows that Americans can't read!
Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:43 am

Programs: LH, BA, DL
On a DL flight ATL - FRA last year, they had absolutely NOTHING - no magazines, no newspapers (neither English, German or any other language). But then, ATL is only a hub airport for Delta - what can you expect?!
Old Mar 5, 2007, 9:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LH_Fan
On a DL flight ATL - FRA last year, they had absolutely NOTHING - no magazines, no newspapers (neither English, German or any other language). But then, ATL is only a hub airport for Delta - what can you expect?!

Actually, if it was the ret from TXL I would have half understood, but out of JFK, it was surprising.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.