Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unabashed Cholula Spam

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2005, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
At the request of Canarsie, Rssrsvp, and obscure2k I've moved this thread back from OMNI to the Delta forum as its home.

Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
Senior Moderator
Old Sep 15, 2005, 7:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors lackey
Wow!

My thanks to all the moderators, and let me be the first to post to the UCS thread. I would like to say that I for one promise to be a good girl
Old Sep 15, 2005, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Wow, welcome back UCS! Glad to see you back home!

Thanks Moderators!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Welcome back, UCS.

Last edited by Canarsie; Sep 16, 2005 at 9:24 am Reason: Edited by request of Dovster.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dovster
Welcome back, UCS. Now the rest of you can have fun trying to figure out what it was that I said in the first 50 or so posts I made on this forum and deleted when it was moved to Omni.

(This will explain why there are a number of posts quoting me but no letters containing those quotes.)
Well maybe you should now go back and repost them all. Who knows what wit and wisdom was lost in those deleted posts.

My thanks to the mods for their reasoned approach to all the hoopla surrounding the fate of this thread.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 7:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
As most of you know, this thread was closed recently and transferred to OMNI. The thread is now “home”, back in the Delta Forum, in the proper location for a decent burial. It’ll remain here as a “read-only” thread for the future. A possible replacement “social” thread is being planned. In the meanwhile, life as we know it will continue and the DL Forum will live on.
I’d like to thank Dovster for starting this thread and for the many folks who contributed so many friendly, witty and helpful posts! I think many of us got to know each other better as a result of this thread. And it’s my sincere hope that the new thread, if created, will attract even more FlyerTalk’ers who will share their wit, humor and friendship.
Thanks.
And burn those new and old SkyMiles wisely......
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 7:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors lackey
Well, until they make it read only, I'm gonna try and get a few last words in....

Hi EVERYONE! I've missed the reparte and good humor, and as Dov put it, the warmth of the place. It feels like home.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
If buried it must be, then so be it. I am happy that it was given a decent burial place instead of left in the Potters Field of Omni with its unsightly weeds and stinkflowers.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 8:35 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Cholula
As most of you know, this thread was closed recently and transferred to OMNI. The thread is now “home”, back in the Delta Forum, in the proper location for a decent burial. It’ll remain here as a “read-only” thread for the future. A possible replacement “social” thread is being planned. In the meanwhile, life as we know it will continue and the DL Forum will live on.
I’d like to thank Dovster for starting this thread and for the many folks who contributed so many friendly, witty and helpful posts! I think many of us got to know each other better as a result of this thread. And it’s my sincere hope that the new thread, if created, will attract even more FlyerTalk’ers who will share their wit, humor and friendship.
Thanks.
And burn those new and old SkyMiles wisely......
Thank you Cholula for your eloquent closing post.
Now...we move on to a "read only" format. I hope that all visitors (new and old) take some time to acquaint themselves with those who were enthusiastic posters and certainly added to the personality of the DL Forum
Now, as agreed by all moderators and Cholula , it is time to say "goodby." It was a great run folks, and I also enjoyed it. Thanks to those FT'rs who were attracted to FT by the Cholula Thread. I hope and trust that you will transfer your enthusiasm to other forums on FT and share your knowledge of points and miles and enhancing all of our travel experiences.
Thanks. Dovster for the vision in starting the thread. Thanks Cholula for always being such a good sport.
Thanks to all who made the Unabashed Cholula Spam a legend.
Regards to all.
Thread now closed.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by obscure2k; Sep 15, 2005 at 9:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.