Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unabashed Cholula Spam

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2005, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Lehava
Hey cornroaster, I see this weekend there is a sweet corn festival in Madison. Will you and CTS be there?
No - CTS(Cornroaster the Spouse) and I will be at Irishfest in Milwaukee. We may be getting sauced, but not with CTS(Cholula the Sauce) although I might be tempted to try some on corned beef.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Cholula
Hey Folks. Greetings from Alaska as the cruise is winding down. Thought this thread would be over 6K posts by now. Somebody is slacking off bigtime!
Outta here for now. At $.55 a minute to post from the ship, I'd need Dovster's $$$'s to write a whole lot more.
Back home tomorrow. Adios for now.....
I knew he wouldn't be able to hold out the entire trip. Did you ask them if they could take SkyMiles for the ship to shore connection?
Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by mikey1003
This thread is a break from the insanity in the world.
So, on that note, whats your take on NWA? Will they still be flying on the 29th? We're flying them on the 29th, BTV-(vermont) to DTW, I don't want to get stuck... need to be in Chicago the morning of the 30th.

I'm stuck with cheap non-refundable e-tix. I tried to switch them for paper tix today, but they wanted $50 to do that. In my experience paper is better if you get into problems and have to change... I'll hold off a few days and then decide whether I need to get paper tix. Hate giving them more money, because that's rewarding NWA mgmt. for trying to screw their employees. (and for wanting to replace critical safety aspects, experienced maintenance crews, for cheaper inexperienced people- I've seen a lot of companies hurt themselves that way, penny wise pound foolish).

And, the $64k question, if/when NWA goes under, will you switch back to DL and CTS?
Old Aug 20, 2005, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Traveller
Stop that. You don't hear me constantly saying NorthWorst do you????
Actually at this point it's North"Un-unionized Mechanics"Best!
Old Aug 20, 2005, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
Denny's has made that its national advertising slogan. (Without, of course, the last word.)

Acually, I prefer Waffle House but I haven't managed to find one in the PBI-FLL area.
Thank Goodness for somethings
Old Aug 20, 2005, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by monitor
I don't think that there is one in Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach Counties. In Florida you'll probably find them in redneck country upstate, on the West Coast, and in the Panhandle.
There are plenty where I work in the Midwest and next week I will have a pecan waffle for you when I'm in Kentucky.
RedNeck=Kentucky? Where does NASCAR fit into this? How about a CHS sponsorship for NASCAR? Is DL the official airline of RedNecks?
Old Aug 20, 2005, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lehava
NOOOOO my vacation can NOT be doomed due to weather. I need this 36 hours. Go figure the midwest gets no rain for months and I come out here and it storms.

Ok just turned the weather on. I think I need to go figure out what county I am in and which warning we are under.
That's why you need to fly to wonderful locations like GCM for the weekend...BTW NW serves GCM seasonally while CO serves is year round....EUA is available on both

PS STT is another great weekend spot...NW does not fly there but CO does and again EUA is available
Old Aug 20, 2005, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Traveller
Oh yes, that was Gumby... I guess I'm not old since I can't remember Pogo.

I have a "haunted" TV in my hotel tonight... the closed captioning keeps turning on by itself.... I was able to turn it off a few times, but it just turned on again... this time it's in Spanish..
Is that one of Hilton's newest amentities?

Is this something other brands should look into adding?
Old Aug 20, 2005, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
So, on that note, whats your take on NWA? Will they still be flying on the 29th? We're flying them on the 29th, BTV-(vermont) to DTW, I don't want to get stuck... need to be in Chicago the morning of the 30th.

I'm stuck with cheap non-refundable e-tix. I tried to switch them for paper tix today, but they wanted $50 to do that. In my experience paper is better if you get into problems and have to change... I'll hold off a few days and then decide whether I need to get paper tix. Hate giving them more money, because that's rewarding NWA mgmt. for trying to screw their employees. (and for wanting to replace critical safety aspects, experienced maintenance crews, for cheaper inexperienced people- I've seen a lot of companies hurt themselves that way, penny wise pound foolish).

And, the $64k question, if/when NWA goes under, will you switch back to DL and CTS?
NWA has $2.1billion in cash on hand and available (ie not restricted)
NWA cancelled 2 flights last night SEA-MSP, MSP-HNL
FA's voted down a strike and WILL cross the picket line
Pilot's are shaking there head at the Mechanics lack of........
Replacement workers are on the job
Flights are flying as scheduled
NWA is NOT allowing reroutes as they are continuing to fly their schedule
Personally I don't agree with you on who's to blame....The pilots gave back years ago already and strongly encouraged other unions to also do so...NWA has been asking the other unions to step up for 3 years now, first they refused to open talk then when they were required to do so they refused to what was needed.....so they are locked out now and a new contract is imposed.....btw: they did strike early yesterday (not sure but I believe this would be considered an illegal move)
Old Aug 20, 2005, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by indufan
I knew he wouldn't be able to hold out the entire trip. Did you ask them if they could take SkyMiles for the ship to shore connection?
They took a Cholula coupon, but would only take one. That is why his message was so short.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 9:25 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by socrates
RedNeck=Kentucky? Where does NASCAR fit into this? How about a CHS sponsorship for NASCAR? Is DL the official airline of RedNecks?
Ok first of all there will be NO bashing of Nascar allowed in this thread *smile*. Some of us live for those races! Secondly since CTM isnt here, I will answer for him. CTS does sponsor some nascar events. Not a full race or car (YET????) but they do sponsor stuff at the races. If I recall right he said they sponsor at either Daytona or 'Dega, California and Homestead.

I want to know when we will be having a meet/do/gathering at one of the races where CTS is present and sponsorning.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 9:35 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
That's why you need to fly to wonderful locations like GCM for the weekend...BTW NW serves GCM seasonally while CO serves is year round....EUA is available on both

PS STT is another great weekend spot...NW does not fly there but CO does and again EUA is available
I am still in hte DL forum right (seeing a lot of non-DL flights listed there *smile*)

So weather here has been mixed. Yesterday was GORGEOUS and I ended up renting a wave runner for an hour. WHAT A BLAST. Had never been on one before.

So far today is grey and cloudy but it looks like the sun is considering poking through so hopefully this afternoon will be nicer.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Gargoyle

I've got reservations every week starting the 29th. ( I did decide not to fly this week)....

To answer your 64K question...see my post here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=3941

BTW, I do not think NW, or DL for that matter, will fold. They will go into Chapter 11 like many airlines before them that are still flying today. I do believe that the entire industry is in deep DOO DOO, so it is going to get interesting.

Take Greyhound, you meet so many new friends that way
Old Aug 20, 2005, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Cornroaster
No - CTS(Cornroaster the Spouse) and I will be at Irishfest in Milwaukee. We may be getting sauced, but not with CTS(Cholula the Sauce) although I might be tempted to try some on corned beef.
Enjoyed Irishfest, but must report that Anderson Corn (the concessionaire at Irishfest for Roast Corn) had some Cajun sauce I had never heard of instead of Cholula to put on the corn.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Actually at this point it's North"Un-unionized Mechanics"Best!
Don't pick on Traveller any more on this issue....we worked it out like the teacher said we should.

I will do my best not to misspell Du...er Delta , but will never stop on SLYMILES!!

And, BTW www.cholula.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.