Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unabashed Cholula Spam

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2005, 10:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors lackey
Originally Posted by Cornroaster
I don't know of any restaurants that serve fresh corn on the cob, but if you are in Milwaukee the 18th to 21st, Irishfest will be held at the Lakefront Festival Grounds, and I know there will be roast corn on the cob available there, although I doubt that the roasters there will provide Cholula. Irishfest is one of the world's largest Irish music festivals and has a great lineup this year. www.irishfest.com
When I go home this weekend, I'll have all the sweet corn I want since I grow my own.....it's awesome! If anyone is in the area, come on down, I've got plenty to spare!
Old Aug 9, 2005, 10:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Modapa
Gee, thanks Cholula! I'll just be the little cho cho train that could!
You're beginning to sound like the Foo Foo girl here.....
It's actually "Choo Choo" but who's counting "o"'s anyway.
Plus this gives you yet another chance to increase your post count and deservedly call me a moron.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 11:07 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors lackey
Originally Posted by Cholula
You're beginning to sound like the Foo Foo girl here.....
It's actually "Choo Choo" but who's counting "o"'s anyway.
Plus this gives you yet another chance to increase your post count and deservedly call me a moron.
It's rare that anyone can catch me misspelling anything, but since you did, no one has the right to call you a moron.

I'm not anything like the Foo Foo girl, although personally, I think she's very nice.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Lehava
Are these pre-casts they are placing? They did mill and fill on my road today, was kinda cool to watch also.
Cast-in-place columns, beams, and walls. Prestressed double tees (Trave a T prefabbricata in calcestruzzo) for the floor.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 12:40 am

Vinnmann, stop it! You know how it makes me crazy to hear about this stuff!
All that concrete just pouring down the chute and getting hard while I watch.............
I am getting ready to head out and inspect some rebar prior to today's pour. I am getting all tingly just thinking about it.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mikey1003
Come on canarsie and indufan, you have to pick up the pace.
Do you know how hard it is to post in this thread when you have to WORK for a living and doing it in the Pacific time zone this week?
Old Aug 10, 2005, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
As many posts as a power post padder could if a power post padder could pad posts.
Dov, as a fellow PowerPoster, it seems to be this might be a violation of the trademark. Do you think we should hired GoCanes to represent us?
Old Aug 10, 2005, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by indufan
Do you know how hard it is to post in this thread when you have to WORK for a living and doing it in the Pacific time zone this week?
Oh come on....you want us to believe you're working?
Old Aug 10, 2005, 7:10 am

WORK??
At 7 AM??
On a weekday??

My condolences.......
Yes - I've already been here for over an hour.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Makes me wish I could have run up there. Maybe next year.

However, attending the fair in MKE is dangerous. My brother and sister-in-law started doing that many years ago, got hooked, next thing you know they sold their house in Chgo and bought a Victorian twice the size for half the price in MKE, and raised my nephew to be a cheesehead

It's probably your fault, you and that corn.
Guilty as charged. Our Lions Club has had the Corn Roast stand at the Fair for over 40 years. However, the corn has been made even more addictive and seductive by the addition of Cholula only during the last 2 years.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 8:00 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club

I'm not anything like the Foo Foo girl, although personally, I think she's very nice.
Nice save there at the end *smile*. BTW glad to hear you have been freed from your banishment.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 8:11 am

I decided to pull a Cholula and let all of you know that I am currently sitting on a balcony overlooking Mt Etna while the rest of you (except Cholula) work your day away. ^ It is a warm day, but the afternoon breezes make it tolerable. I think later I am going to drive down to the coast and count the shades of blue in the waters of the Mediterranean.

Apparently those Italian construction workers that the women of the CHS thread love are pretty quick. Probably not something aforementioned women wanted to hear. They got done with the concrete at about 1:00 and I have been able to enjoy a relaxing afternoon off. ^

Edited to add that I have an ice cold Moretti (Italian beer) calling my name..."Vinnmann come drink me"...

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 10, 2005 at 8:15 am
Old Aug 10, 2005, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Modapa Don't pay attention to who's in 10th place and below
Hey, I resemble that remark.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by vinnmann
Edited to add that I have an ice cold Moretti (Italian beer) calling my name..."Vinnmann come drink me"...
Coming to Italy to drink beer is about as logical as going to England for the wine.

(although Moretti has improved since 30 years ago, when it got the head and the taste through a single process- recycling the bottles, washing them with soap and not rinsing).
Old Aug 10, 2005, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I would never neglect you

Mikey, I feel like I am being neglected... I know my post count isn't nearly as high as everyone else, but I'm still here...
Dovster 573
Cholula 504
Lehava 462
mikey1003 438
socrates 418
Traveller 390
indufan 338
Canarsie 263
Modapa 119

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.