Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Leo, Patrice, Vicki et al, if you want "lost customers" back, please listen

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leo, Patrice, Vicki et al, if you want "lost customers" back, please listen

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2003, 11:43 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rssrsvp:
Bert, is there a reason why you have chosen not to discuss this privately? </font>
Rssrsvp;
YGM
Old Aug 19, 2003, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BertBamboo:
Rssrsvp;
YGM
</font>
So do you.

Old Aug 19, 2003, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
http://www.airwhiners.net/stealskymiles

------------------
All those who fly Continental Airlines, raise your hands.
The rest of you, raise your standards.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 1:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by avek00:
http://www.airwhiners.net/stealskymiles

</font>
LOL

Not exactly helpful, but certainly humorous!

------------------
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!
~ConcordeBoy

Try the Unofficial Continental Airlines Dictionary
Old Aug 19, 2003, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Avek, go to airliners.net. You'll be happier there. After you sow anarchy here, what's next Alaska Airlines? Austrian? Infinite?
Old Aug 19, 2003, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by miles freak:
Have you guys actually read this entire thread? As an "outsider" as probably most of you would refer to me or "lurker". However, I have come to enjoy flyertalk tremendously and all the information it has to offer. A couple of views from the outside:

1. If you dislike AVEK00 posts, why read them? I don't most of the time. I look at FT as a TV. I only choose to read the "channels" that I like. WE channel is on, but I don't watch it!

2. Personal attacks are just ridiculous. What has ANYONE anything to gain from that? Differences of opinions are TERRIFIC and it is so sad that issues can't be discussed without everything being personal. Again, very childish and immature.

3. I encourage you all to read this entire thread and evaluate all the posts and see how this relates to Delta and this board. Shouldn't this thread have been closed a long time ago, when it stops to be relevant to Delta. If anything - this is when the Moderators should close the threads? or maybe I am missing something?

4. Can you imagine Delta reading this thread? And how much they are laughing. Nothing like having the dissenters start fighting eachother and forget about the origin of this thread!

Just some short opinions. I am sure there will be a follow up of about 100 posts wheather I am right or wrong and how ugly my grandmother is. Guess what? sticks and stones...
</font>
I started this thread as a wake up call to Delta
mikey1003

From: Almost (but will NEVER reach ) 4 MM, PM, FC if any of that matters, Hilton Diamond and everything else under the sun!
posted 08-12-2003 09:07 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once you fix the qualification (1 MQM minimum/mile traveled...and segments for short haul flyers) and reward issues (upgrade oportunities)..... Then you have to win back customers already lost...
Many loyal customers have moved on to other carriers. For them to come back, DL would have to extend their status through the end of 2004. Otherwise what would be the point, as they have already invested miles and obtained status on another airline.

Sales and marketing 101... it is always easier to keep a customer than try and win him/her back!

It has become a farce.....Once we get off topic the folks at DL wet their pants from laughing so hard.

Moderators, please put this thread out of it's misery and close it so we can move on.

And for the record...when Trolls get involved, we all lose!
Old Aug 19, 2003, 8:09 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Quote: Mikey--
Once you fix the qualification (1 MQM minimum/mile traveled...and segments for short haul flyers) and reward issues (upgrade oportunities)..... Then you have to win back customers already lost...
Many loyal customers have moved on to other carriers. For them to come back, DL would have to extend their status through the end of 2004. Otherwise what would be the point, as they have already invested miles and obtained status on another airline.

Sales and marketing 101... it is always easier to keep a customer than try and win him/her back!

It has become a farce.....Once we get off topic the folks at DL wet their pants from laughing so hard.

Moderators, please put this thread out of it's misery and close it so we can move on.

And for the record...when Trolls get involved, we all lose! "

I am posting as a "private citizen" who has been away for a few weeks. Mikey has raised legitimate issues and so, at this point, I will assume a dual role: private citizen/moderator. As a private citizen, I do believe that Mikey has raised important issues, worthy of concern.. As a moderator, I would hope that this thread stays open and on-topic and not get into peripheral issues. Of interest, is that I flew on a Y ticketLAx/RST on NW (last minute). I asked that the miles be posted to DL. Turns out the miles were incorrectly posted to NW. Guess what? This "private citizen" didn't care. NW got me where I wanted to go and did it efficiently. Those MQM's and my on-going PM status are no longer worth maintaining or fighting for.
O2K
Old Aug 19, 2003, 8:28 pm

As an avid long-time lurker who is very deliberate when posting, I am requesting that this thread be locked down now. I'm asking the moderators to do it on my request, not on their own initiative.

We're quite fortunate to have moderators who are dedicated to the collective "us." Thank you for your time and energy; I for one am ready to double your salary for all of your efforts.

I won't engage in a personal tirade and I think we've burned up enough good will already. We haven't heard from some of the other long-time DL posters because they left already. I think that we lost Mikey's point along the way.

I'm not thrilled with the SM changes. I'm PM jumping through hoops trying to repeat and it will be a close call. I've decided that it's just not worth my effort under these rules, much less next year's. Absent a rule change, some of you will be happy because you won't be competing with me for the upgrades anymore.

This board has traditionally been amongst the most civil on FlyerTalk. Sometimes we don't behave and the ridicule showered upon us is warranted. But enough already.

I shared my views on other threads on the theme. I don't believe that Virginia Ave. "gets it." Some of you have benefitted by the current rules; go for it. I've been on DL since the earliest days of the old program. For most of the time DL was among the best in the business and travel was a pleasure; I was an advocate and encouraged those around me to fly DL. I cannot anymore . . . and I'm a shareholder as well. It would seem to me that "Leo, Patrice, Vicki et al., if you want 'lost customers' back, please listen." It was a great starting point, Mikey, but it's time to move on to another thread.

[This message has been edited by BravoZulu (edited 08-19-2003).]
Old Aug 19, 2003, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BravoZulu:
As an avid long-time lurker who is very deliberate when posting, I am requesting that this thread be locked down now. I'm asking the moderators to do it on my request, not on their own initiative.

We're quite fortunate to have moderators who are dedicated to the collective "us." Thank you for your time and energy; I for one am ready to double your salary for all of your efforts.

I won't engage in a personal tirade and I think we've burned up enough good will already. We haven't heard from some of the other long-time DL posters because they left already. I think that we lost Mikey's point along the way.

I'm not thrilled with the SM changes. I'm PM jumping through hoops trying to repeat and it will be a close call. I've decided that it's just not worth my effort under these rules, much less next year's. Absent a rule change, some of you will be happy because you won't be competing with me for the upgrades anymore.

This board has traditionally been amongst the most civil on FlyerTalk. Sometimes we don't behave and the ridicule showered upon us is warranted. But enough already.

I shared my views on other threads on the theme. I don't believe that Virginia Ave. "gets it." Some of you have benefitted by the current rules; go for it. I've been on DL since the earliest days of the old program. For most of the time DL was among the best in the business and travel was a pleasure; I was an advocate and encouraged those around me to fly DL. I cannot anymore . . . and I'm a shareholder as well. It would seem to me that "Leo, Patrice, Vicki et al., if you want 'lost customers' back, please listen." It was a great starting point, Mikey, but it's time to move on to another thread.

[This message has been edited by BravoZulu (edited 08-19-2003).]
</font>
I cannot agree more with what bravozulu has said this thread needs to be locked NOW.As someone who is a co elite I started to read this board when the partnership was announced.I have watch this board and especally this thread get completely out of hand from both sides of the aisle.I feel like I am around a bunch of children yelling me me me.I think there are timeouts in order for certain people who are pro and aganst these changes.As someone who doesnt think the changes are good I am willing to listen to the reasoning for these changes and the reasoning aganst these changes as long as they are logical and not out to start a flame war or in a "it works/doesnt work for me" fashion.In closing I must say I have been appauled by the behivor of posters from both sides in this thread....
-howie
PS.There is one change i think DL has goten right which is the 2 mqm's for full first/BE
and 1.5 for full Y fares.I think the high rev flyers should be rewarded in other ways as well like car's taking them to and from the aiport in major cities especally for all intl and transcon full J/Y.Im not sure if it would be a workable idea for paid domestic F because of the number of cities served?
-howie

[This message has been edited by stockmanjr (edited 08-19-2003).]
Old Aug 19, 2003, 9:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BravoZulu:

</font>
Good post but I have to agree with O2K....let's let this thread play out or die a natural death.
If we close every thread that's interrupted by back and forth, off -topic banter, we'll end up with nothing to reply to but the infamous, never ending...."OK, It's Feb. 1st....Where are our triple miles ?" thread.
I'll sift through the verbiage I don't want to read and do my own self censoring. I see no need to cut this thread short.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cholula:
Good post but I have to agree with O2K....let's let this thread play out or die a natural death.
If we close every thread that's interrupted by back and forth, off -topic banter, we'll end up with nothing to reply to but the infamous, never ending...."OK, It's Feb. 1st....Where are our triple miles ?" thread.
I'll sift through the verbiage I don't want to read and do my own self censoring. I see no need to cut this thread short.
</font>
Couldn't agree more, Cholula!

------------------
Vasant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.