Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

How can I tell if I made my reservations online or by phone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2003, 8:19 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

I noticed that Delta is offering a 1000 mile bonus when you make your roundtrip reservation on-line. I made a reservation a month ago but I cannot remember how I did it.... I called Delta and they said I made it by phone.... but the more I think about it I remember picking my seats and entering my credit card number on line.....Is there some way I can verify how this reservation was made other than relying on a CSR.

Also... when does that 1000 mile bonus post...is it after the actual flight or their usual 8-12 week from the time of reservation.......
Old Aug 17, 2003, 9:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Sorry, I don't have the answer for your first question.

The online booking bonus posts (for me) about 2 weeks after the outbound flight.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 9:30 pm
MRW

Look at your receipt -- what you got mailed to you, or next time you fly give an agent your PNR (reservation #) and have them print it out, or call DL and have them email it to you -- near the top right corner it will say where it was issued (if it say something like "WWWRES" you're in luck, but if its "LAXRES" or "ATLRES" then you did it by phone).

The 1000 mile bonus also takes quite a while to post -- usually a couple weeks after you complete the entire itinerary.

[This message has been edited by MRW (edited 08-17-2003).]
Old Aug 17, 2003, 10:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
MRW In my experience it has always been around 2 weeks after the outbound, not the entire itinerary.

[This message has been edited by paradocs (edited 08-17-2003).]
Old Aug 18, 2003, 12:12 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Just a reminder that the 1000 bonus for boking online has been around for quite awhile. It is only in the last few days that they have once again posted it on their web site. It is a great way to easily pick up bonus miles. For those people who fly weekly, 50,000 bonus iles translates into 2 economy tickets on Delta. Cheap and painless!
Old Aug 18, 2003, 6:58 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

(if it say something like "WWWRES" you're in luck, but if its "LAXRES" or "ATLRES" then you did it by phone).

The 1000 mile bonus also takes quite a while to post -- usually a couple weeks after you complete the entire itinerary.

Perfect... that is what I needed to know... the reservation does say "wwwres" at the top so I did do it on the internet as I thought...the flight isn't till April so I have a long wait before I see those miles.....

[This message has been edited by david4455 (edited 08-18-2003).]
Old Aug 18, 2003, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
One little catch is that if you make a reservation via the website and then later call reservations to make any changes, ie. upgrades/seat changes/return flight changes etc, then the online booking bonus can be put in jeopardy.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 3:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RobertS975:
One little catch is that if you make a reservation via the website and then later call reservations to make any changes, ie. upgrades/seat changes/return flight changes etc, then the online booking bonus can be put in jeopardy.</font>
Good point! This has happened several times - I've even had a situation where they only credited 500 rather than 1000 miles for online booking due to my changing the return to an earlier flight within the 3 hour call-ahead window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.