Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Difference between lifetime and annual for MM elite level?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2003, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Ok I don't use DL much more at all, however I am a 2 million miler and have been one for at least 2 years. I thought I would get lifetime silver status but I recently found out I was gold status. The information said annual not lifetime so I called SMS and asked if I was gold for just 2004 and back to silver for 2003. The agent said no, that I am forever gold. Assuming there are no flights taken on Delta in 2003, do I retain gold forever due to 2 MM or back to silver?
Old Aug 18, 2003, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
You are forever GM, until DL decides otherwise.

------------------
Vasant
Old Aug 18, 2003, 10:08 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chuck1:
Ok I don't use DL much more at all, however I am a 2 million miler and have been one for at least 2 years. I thought I would get lifetime silver status but I recently found out I was gold status. The information said annual not lifetime so I called SMS and asked if I was gold for just 2004 and back to silver for 2003. The agent said no, that I am forever gold. Assuming there are no flights taken on Delta in 2003, do I retain gold forever due to 2 MM or back to silver?</font>

It depends on what the definition of "annual" is (discussed in other threads). But if looking at the bottle as being half full rather than half empty, your agent appears to be correct.

See the exact wording at:
http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about/...x.jsp#longterm

(Edited to put in the correct link)

[This message has been edited by Flying_Duck (edited 08-18-2003).]
Old Aug 19, 2003, 4:42 am

Programs: Delta Platinum;Delta 2MM;Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite;Hertz 5*
Remember Flying Colonel was lifetime too. MM status will be permanent until DL decides it can get away with taking it away.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 5:46 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
.....hence the world "annual". That means yearly. I don't translate "annual" into "forever", or "lifetime". If Delta truly intended to leave it lifetime, they would not have changed the verbiage and would have left it the way it was.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 3:44 pm

Exactly right jeffrey. "Annual" is the word you use for plants which die after 1 year of life. And the lame excuse they gave at the time of the change was that it was now called annual because you could now reach GM or PM rather than be FO for a lifetime. Why PM benefits were also named "annual" was never explained.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.