Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

SFO-HNL / Online itinerary changed?? Could it be a 764?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2000, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM

I was just reviewing my itinerary online for an upcoming trip in January and now my segments SFO-HNL and HNL-SFO appear twice, all with the same flight numbers, except the new one's don't show as Confirmed and they both arrive 1 minute earlier.

Also, all of my seat assignments have disappeared.

I called and my seat assignments were confirmed and there was mention of a scheduling change, but nothing else.

Could it be that I will be on a 767-400 to HNL and back instead of the L1011?

Does anyone know why the online itinerary looks like this?
Old Oct 10, 2000, 11:04 am

Depending on which DL station manager or captain you ask, the estimates of only 764s to HNL range from November to April. At least none are later than April, so Jan. is certainly possible for SFO/HNL.

[This message has been edited by Eidetic (edited 10-10-2000).]
Old Oct 10, 2000, 11:47 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
There could be a number of reason for the changes. Most of the time it is just schedule changes (times, flight #, etc.). You can click on the new flight number and see if there is an equipment change as well, though. Also, your seat assignments are probably still there. Just call the # on your SkyMiles card and they will "clean up" your itinerary so that you can see your seat assignments again and get rid of the old segments which no longer apply.

------------------
Time..... is on my side.
Old Oct 10, 2000, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Exp
I, too, have an online itinerary irregularity for a trip in February.

On one segment, same equipment, different flight number, leaves 10 minutes later, arrives 8 minutes earlier. I'll take that . I'm still confirmed in the same seat on the new flight, while the "Segment Status" box of the original is empty. On a return segment, I have a 15 minute time shift, with everything else the same.

And the option to select/change seats is gone.

They must have done some schedule re-arrangements this weekend.

Elektrik
Old Oct 10, 2000, 1:12 pm

A call to the # on the back of your SkyMiles card will straighten it all out and restore the ability to view/change seats. You can expect at least one schedule change anytime you book more than a couple of months in advance.

------------------
Time..... is on my side.
Old Oct 10, 2000, 1:25 pm

Hi all,

A similar thing happened to me. My December HNL itinerary disappeared from Delta's website a couple of days ago. I called up Delta and was told that the times had changed and that (like Spiff said) they needed to "clean up" my itinerary.

A few minutes later it was back! And guess what? The outbound flight had been changed to a 767-400.

There were also time changes to the return, but it still shows an L1011-500. I have a feeling that will change before my departure date though.
Old Oct 10, 2000, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Exp
Thanks for the info, Spiff.

But this begs the question: when they shuffle these things around, how come they can't automatically purge the old records and automatically restore everything to working order? Are they now faced with thousands of people phoning to check if everything is indeed ok? This seems pretty inefficient, but hey, it is an airline, I suppose .

Elektrik
Old Oct 10, 2000, 3:17 pm

Location: GSP DL 4MM/PM/FC, US Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Gold
I can tell you my recent experience. I, too, had a flight itinerary disappear from the web site. When I called to inquire, it turns out the the new flight times resulted in an illegal connection. The system writes these records to a file to be manually worked. I just happened to discover it before a Delta human being got to it. In my case, the trip couldn't be systematically re-worked because my departure time was going to have to drastically change.

[This message has been edited by RRWhite (edited 10-10-2000).]
Old Oct 10, 2000, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM
Hi everyone!

After my call to Delta, I refreshed my online itinerary and everything returned back to the way it normally looks.

I did check the equipment for the SFO-HNL / HNL-SFO runs and it still remains L1011. Unfortunately it dosen't look like I'll be on a 764 to Hawaii.
Old Oct 10, 2000, 3:40 pm

My pleasure. I believe they want you to see the changes instead of just making them. I've had a couple of occasions where schedule changes on both segments on a connecting flight resulted in an illegal connection. (Yeah, 24 minutes is plenty of time to go from Concourse B to the Comair gates and not have the door slammed in your face.)

Originally posted by elektrik:
Thanks for the info, Spiff.

But this begs the question: when they shuffle these things around, how come they can't automatically purge the old records and automatically restore everything to working order? Are they now faced with thousands of people phoning to check if everything is indeed ok? This seems pretty inefficient, but hey, it is an airline, I suppose .

Elektrik

------------------
Time..... is on my side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.