Community
Wiki Posts
Search

perks for G Medallion and CRC on UA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 1999, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

perks for G Medallion and CRC on UA

I know this has probably been covered, but ...
I'm booking a UA flight and was wondering what perks I get as a GM and CRC member.
I'm assuming I can use the Red Carpet Club and get to board first, but is there any way to get an upgrade? I do have some UA miles (~25K).
Old Oct 27, 1999, 12:30 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
No reciprocal elite benefits ...

The only benefit you will get is RCC access with your CRC card, you will not get priority boarding as far as I know.
Old Oct 29, 1999, 7:00 pm
Original Member

And you will not get a DL Elite bonus on your miles. Base miles only. You will get priority boarding - sometimes. I've done it. It sucks.
Old Oct 29, 1999, 8:14 pm
Original Member

Philforest:
Base mileage? Do you mean just the distance flown credited to your account and that's it. Or do you mean base miles as DL defines it which are elite qualification miles? I'm fairly sure the first is true. If, I'm wrong, great - UA counting toward elite status!
Old Nov 2, 1999, 3:00 pm
Original Member

My understanding is base miles meaning just miles flown credited to your account but not counting toward elite status. I could be wrong. I know there are no elite bonuses, and you can't use Delta status or miles to upgrade.
Old Nov 2, 1999, 11:54 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Philforest is right, except I'd call them bonus miles since base would normally count towards elite qualification status. It's actual miles and no more.. no elite bonus. So unless you need the actual miles in Delta miles, I say "Why fly United when you could get your upgrades, mileage towards elite qualification, and bonus miles on DL?"
Old Nov 3, 1999, 7:03 am
In Memoriam, Original Member

You may use UA miles from your UA account to upgrade, just as any regular MP member may. 20,000 RT if on discounted coach and flying within the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.