Wiki Posts
Search

Acct. Balance Updating is Outstanding

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 1999, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 40 46'N 73 57'W; AA Gold; CO Silver
Acct. Balance Updating is Outstanding

Man, these guys are good. The One More Time Bonus isn't even close to finishing (Dec. 15), but they've already awarded me the 5000 mile bonus for hitting 5 segments and the 50% bonuses for each segment thereafter. Scary, I've flown 9 segments on DL/SR since the beginning of the month.

The UA/AA websites don't update real-time and aren't even in the same league as Delta's website.
Old Oct 23, 1999, 6:43 pm
Original Member

I completely agree - there is no other US airline web site that is even in the same league as the DL web site. Your flight miles post by the time you get off the plane - pretty impressive in itself - apparently they post as soon as the plane takes off. Partner miles take a little bit longer, but I think this is due to the partners and not DL. Bonus miles post quickly the vast majority of the time. The double DL Shuttle miles post same day or next day. The "Match and More" and "One more time" bonuses post very quickly. In fact, the only time I've had a problem is with their promotion last year which offered elite members 40,000 miles if they flew four international segments on DL / DL Connection. This took a couple of months because of the vast amount of people who signed up.

Great work, DL! I'm extremely impressed.
Old Oct 23, 1999, 7:41 pm
Original Member

Totally agree with you. DL does a great job
posting flight miles. And, I like their Web page better than the others - it just sort
of fits how I like to go about things.
Old Oct 26, 1999, 11:44 am

Could someone tell me what the 'one more time" bonus and the "match and more" bonuses are? Can I still register for them.. Just made GM yesterday!
Old Oct 26, 1999, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
As someone who's .....ed about them in the past, it's time to give credit where credit is due. They usually have my miles posted by the time I check into my hotel room and get on the Web. (I looked a few times, more out of curiosity than compulsiveness - or so I claim.) I qualified for the One More Time bonus on October 6; they had it posted on the 20th, and since then have posted the milage bonuses at the same time as the flight itself.
Old Oct 29, 1999, 12:19 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
I'll agree. DL is the best in posting miles. But about once in every 20 flights, a segment won't get posted. I'll call the PM line and they will have it my account the next day. I think the missing of posting flights will be virtually eliminated with the new boarding pass readers in the airports like LAX and ATL.
Old Oct 29, 1999, 8:59 am

hey, could one of you please address my question above? thanks
Old Oct 29, 1999, 9:15 am
Original Member

Dander:
See - http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/Foru...ML/000427.html .

[This message has been edited by leroy11 (edited 10-29-1999).]
Old Oct 29, 1999, 10:43 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
jeffreyt ~ 1 out of 20? You must be really unlucky

In over 200 segments I've flown I've had to follow up on one flight, all others posted as they should ...

My girlfriend has flow about 40 segments and has yet to miss one ...
Old Oct 29, 1999, 7:49 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Beckles...In all of my missed cases, they were paper tickets through a travel agents. And none of them occured after DL started installing the scanners at the gate.
Old Nov 2, 1999, 1:20 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
About half of my tickets (all work related travel) are paper tickets from a travel agent too ... I still think you're just really unlucky Jeff
Old Nov 2, 1999, 5:34 pm

i always need to follow up on sn flights. most often i have to send follow up letters on all sn coded flights. but my last trip, i had some difficulties with sn flights with dl codes. it puzzles me how i can have a five segment trip with only flights 1 and 4 posting immediately, yet need to follow-up on the others.

although this has been somewhat of a pain, i conversely had some good luck on them. once i had a transatlantic trip post twice. i bought it as sn, and it posted again as a dl code share. the second time, i had a free ticket post with miles as well as class of service and status bonuses. i'm really gonna miss sabena. i can only imagine what they'll do to aadvantage once they join forces.

[This message has been edited by lonman (edited 11-02-1999).]
Old Nov 2, 1999, 6:30 pm
Original Member

Only flights I have had to follow up on have been the United flights that I have sought Delta credit for. Otherwise, Delta's flight posting is far and away the best.
Old Nov 2, 1999, 8:41 pm

Regarding UA's web site not being up real-time: I have to disagree. It may take a day or two to get updated, but additions and deductions are made real time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.