FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   New Changes to the Delta Air Lines Internet Web Site: www.delta.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/457755-new-changes-delta-air-lines-internet-web-site-www-delta-com.html)

atl runner Jul 30, 2005 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Cholula
I actually think this is a great improvement for a couple reasons. Number one, and most important, the e-mail now identifies the date of departure, departure city and pax name in the e-mail subject area. Under the old system, every e-mail from DL would just say "DELTA ELECTRONIC TICKET". Makes it much easier to e-file, locate and retrieve itineraries, especially when you've got a dozen or more you're tracking.

Yes, I absoultely agree with this. I hated having to open each one to find the one I was looking for--kind of like an unwanted easter egg hunt. ^

NOLA Flyer Jul 30, 2005 8:16 pm

Yeah, but the old site worked fine under Mac/Safari. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :confused: Oh, wait...I forgot...this must be yet another "enhancement," specifically aimed at DL flying Mac users.... :mad: :td:

QUOTE=vinnmann]According to this page they want you to use IE or Netscape.[/QUOTE]

Lehava Jul 30, 2005 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by gt_croz
Text size is WAY too small. It gives me serious eye-strain (and I'm only 25!)

It doesn't look like they changed too much. Like someone said: window dressing. All the pages are the same, the navigation is identical.

Fonts are decent sized on mine, might be how you have your browser/computer set up to handle fonts you dont have. You have a choice of them being small, medicum or large if you are using IE, you may want to adjust yoru setting

entropy Jul 30, 2005 8:57 pm

the receipts are a good thing, but that's not the delta website, that's back end programming and its something that should have been there long ago.

while DL's website and UA's tie for the worst domestic carrier.... LY's is the worst of any carrier I've seen....

vinnmann Jul 30, 2005 9:11 pm

Deleted

Canarsie Jul 30, 2005 9:13 pm

Did anyone notice that when one places the cursor over the phrase “Good Goes Around” on the bottom-right corner of the main “page” of the new www.delta.com, a cartoon balloon (similar to the ones that interrupt the Delta Compass in-flight en-route map during the in-flight entertainment with virtually useless factoids and information) appears?

In this case, the contents of the cartoon balloon reads:

Makai means “towards the sea” in Hawaiian.
Seems like a pretty good way to go.
Even the style of the writing appears to be by the same author(s).

I suspect this will change as the image on the main “page” of www.delta.com changes in the future...

TTT Jul 30, 2005 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I suspect this will change as the image on the main “page” of www.delta.com changes in the future...

Any idea as to how often Delta will change the home page picture? And what exactly is its purpose, to showcase a Delta destination or just something to look pretty?

vinnmann Jul 30, 2005 9:38 pm

Deleted

Traveller Jul 30, 2005 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Lehava
Fonts are decent sized on mine, might be how you have your browser/computer set up to handle fonts you dont have. You have a choice of them being small, medicum or large if you are using IE, you may want to adjust yoru setting

Why should I have to change font size just for Delta.com? I have mine set to Medium and that works fine for all the other websites I go to so I'm not too keen on switching just for one site.

Cholula Jul 30, 2005 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by vinnmann
I wish you luck if you want to read the text on the diagrams of the aircraft layouts.

Even my retired eyes can read these easily.
I'm beginning to think that the site reads easily....or not....depending on what type/quality of computer, monitor, software and browser one is using.
All is not what it appears when viewing your own personal screen.
I learned that a few weeks ago when I placed an airplane ---> Q in my signature and some FT'ers asked me what the "letters" were for?? :confused:
If you can't see the airplane above...or DL's new website clearly.... you may well have a lame-o computer in desperate need of a hardware/software upgrade.
:p

slippahs Jul 30, 2005 10:17 pm

I learned that a few weeks ago when I placed an airplane ---> Q in my signature and some FT'ers asked me what the "letters" were for?? :confused:
If you can't see the airplane above...or DL's new website clearly.... you may well have a lame-o computer in desperate need of a hardware/software upgrade.
:p

I've got a pretty spanking new computer here. When using the newest version of Firefox, the airplane doesn't come up. Using the most recent version of IE shows the airplane. :confused:

Cholula Jul 30, 2005 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
I've got a pretty spanking new computer here. When using the newest version of Firefox, the airplane doesn't come up. Using the most recent version of IE shows the airplane. :confused:

I actually created the airplane in Firefox 1.0.4 and it shows, on my computer, in Safari, IE and Firefox.
My point, however, was more in reference to DL's website. If the site doesn't work well or is not clearly readable, I would guess it's more an issue with the user's hardware/software than it is with DL's website.
They created this site, I'm assuming, using the latest technology and to be used on computers equipped with the most recent updates in browsers and operating software be it WinDoze or Mac.
If the site doesn't ring your bell, my guess is that you are in need of an updated something.
Just my two pesos worth on this issue.

slippahs Jul 30, 2005 10:36 pm

I actually created the airplane in Firefox 1.0.4 and it shows, on my computer, in Safari, IE and Firefox.
My point, however, was more in reference to DL's website. If the site doesn't work well or is not clearly readable, I would guess it's more an issue with the user's hardware/software than it is with DL's website.

I'm still scratching my head over the airplane. Perhaps it's a PC/Mac issue. Oh, what the heck, I'll just go the beach and forget about it. :eek:

Cholula Jul 30, 2005 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
I'm still scratching my head over the airplane. Perhaps it's a PC/Mac issue. Oh, what the heck, I'll just go the beach and forget about it. :eek:

I think it's more a font issue than anything else. One's computer must be able to display the "Wingding" font in order for the airplane to show. At least that's what I believe. However that doesn't explain why you can see it on one browser and not another on the same computer.
Maybe Canarsie, the font expert here on FT, will weigh in on this issue.
In the meanwhile, I'll join you on the beach....:).

obscure2k Jul 30, 2005 11:23 pm

"My biggest complaint is that it now takes two clicks to get to the Itineraries page. The site used to have a "My Itineraries" link right on the home page when logged in "

This is also my complaint. BTW, this MAC user is having no problems with the new website.