FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   New Changes to the Delta Air Lines Internet Web Site: www.delta.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/457755-new-changes-delta-air-lines-internet-web-site-www-delta-com.html)

Kahuna Jul 28, 2005 1:02 pm

New Delta Website Teaser

Just received a link to a teaser for the new website.

The user interface looks impressive.

http://www.delta.com/home/site_tease...MkRef=&MkPlac=

OutOfOffice Jul 28, 2005 1:44 pm

It looks like a page straight off of expedia.com. Pretty nice looking, hope function and form go together on it.

const88 Jul 28, 2005 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by OutOfOffice
Pretty nice looking, hope function and form go together on it.

I've always wondered why most Airline websites go with a bland, boring background. IMO they should be enticing the visitors to the website with pictures of the tropics or majestic snow-capped mountains.

thesaints Jul 28, 2005 2:46 pm

And what does this new website do better than the old one ?
At first sight, it looks like it has the very same functions, with a different look, scroll down windows and probably costed DL some money too.

I don't really care for pretty images. I'm trying to book a flight and would like something fast, that never freezes. If they could list all the flights (as opposed to flights in an 8-hour range, like they do now), maybe suggesting cheaper options at +/- 1 day, or exotic routings, that would be very welcome, instead. If I wanna look at pretty pictures, I'll buy the National Geographics.

tgtg Jul 28, 2005 2:48 pm

Give me a grid of all flights available and all fares available. Let me pick, not hunt.

-=tg=-

777lvr Jul 28, 2005 3:22 pm

Web Sneak Peek

The webpage looks totally like expedia. If it weren't for the menu, you could not tell you were at a website for an airline. Great work Delta. Now if they could work on keeping the airplanes in the air!

indufan Jul 28, 2005 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by thesaints
And what does this new website do better than the old one ?
At first sight, it looks like it has the very same functions, with a different look, scroll down windows and probably costed DL sum money too.

I don't really care for pretty images. I'm trying to book a flight and would like something fast, that never freezes. If they could list all the flights (as opposed to flights in an 8-hour range, like they do now), maybe suggesting cheaper options at +/- 1 day, or exotic routings, that would be very welcome, instead. If I wanna look at pretty pictures, I'll buy the National Geographics.

Isn't this a pretty tough review for a website that doesn't even exist yet?

tgtg Jul 28, 2005 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
Isn't this a pretty tough review for a website that doesn't even exist yet?

Not when the teaser shows only pretty images and speaks about no better technology.

-=tg=-

DAL767-400ER Jul 28, 2005 5:00 pm

Never had too many problems with delta.com, but I just hope the new version features new interactive route maps ala WN or FL, and not the crAp they have now. Same goes for seat maps and airport maps.

UABigBird Jul 28, 2005 6:16 pm

Well, at least it looks very cool

TRIFlyer Jul 28, 2005 6:37 pm

I really have no major problem with the website as it is now, but would like to have more of an advanced search feature where I could request a specific fare class. The new teaser site looks a little childish to me, but you can't judge a book by the cover so I guess we all will have to wait and see what is inside.

jeffreyt Jul 28, 2005 7:17 pm

Keep in mind that they have to design for the masses. FT power users will probably still not be happy, but from a usability standpoint, I think that the new Web site offers promise.

francophile Jul 28, 2005 7:22 pm

Do you think they will develop a teaser for their Chapter 11 reorganization web page?

USCGamecock Jul 28, 2005 8:56 pm

Some people just don't like changes! :rolleyes:

jetcity405 Jul 28, 2005 9:04 pm

I am going to say no. Delta, you have lost my business. I cant stand the Indians answering your calls, and now I cant stand your website.

This is the final straw. no more sm for me