FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   New Changes to the Delta Air Lines Internet Web Site: www.delta.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/457755-new-changes-delta-air-lines-internet-web-site-www-delta-com.html)

vinnmann Jul 29, 2005 6:07 am

Deleted

CelticFlyer Jul 29, 2005 6:10 am

Originally Posted by jeffreyt
Keep in mind that they have to design for the masses. FT power users will probably still not be happy, but from a usability standpoint, I think that the new Web site offers promise.

Well this "power user" couldn't book most itineraries on delta.com anyway! The sooner that the site can book non-DL coded flights as connections the better!

iCorpRoadie Jul 29, 2005 6:21 am

Originally Posted by tgtg
Give me a grid of all flights available and all fares available. Let me pick, not hunt.

-=tg=-

yeah, i agree, sometime like ITA would be the best suited for people like us who don't care for all the fancy stuff, get me my flights in the most minimal time possible.

And according to USA today it will launch on Monday. (front page section B Money and full article B6, no not gate B6, page B6).

Helena Handbaskets Jul 29, 2005 7:17 am

Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
And according to USA today it will launch on Monday. (front page section B Money and full article B6, no not gate B6, page B6).

"Ooh, I'm sorry, that article has been moved to gate... er, page E22, now boarding for departure in five minutes. Good luck!"

lepdx Jul 29, 2005 10:07 am

Delta.com revamps and Skymiles sucks

Delta.com is going to revamp its website to lure more travellers to book on the site. Improved? It's not an improvement if the fares are not guaranteed. Besides, I'll always find cheaper tickets on other travel sites, ie. expedia, travelocity, or priceline.

I've tried to redeem miles for a First Class ticket from PDX-SGN (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam). It's a year out and no avail. They do have a coach tix avail with 52 hours of travelling from PDX-SGN. This is crazy. Normal travel time from PDX-SGN is 22 hours. Any advice? :td: :mad:

lepdx Jul 29, 2005 10:16 am

Originally Posted by indufan
Isn't this a pretty tough review for a website that doesn't even exist yet?

Delta should revamp their customer service dept first. Waited for an hour trying to book a Skymiles ticket and then got someone who did not undertand what I wanted.

REVAMP their fares guarantee on its website before spending $ for stupid look. :mad:

ecaarch Jul 29, 2005 10:19 am

Are you honestly looking for advice or are you looking to vent? If you honestly want advice that you can use, do a search a read the scores of similar threads with people with similar issues. Award seats do exist. However, DL won't bring them to you on a silver platter. :rolleyes:

BTW, welcome to FT. It is amazing what you can learn here just by reading. ^

lepdx Jul 29, 2005 10:25 am

Originally Posted by ecaarch
Are you honestly looking for advice or are you looking to vent? If you honestly want advice that you can use, do a search a read the scores of similar threads with people with similar issues. Award seats do exist. However, DL won't bring them to you on a silver platter. :rolleyes:

BTW, welcome to FT. It is amazing what you can learn here just by reading. ^

Thank you for the welcome. Yes, I was on the phone for almost every day (and usually at least an hour long = wait time + research time (agent)). Tried to book with Delta's partners KL, CI, and SQ. No avail. Used to have AS miles and used on CX. It was so easy to get award tix.

DeltaRIC Jul 29, 2005 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by jetcity405
I am going to say no. Delta, you have lost my business. I cant stand the Indians answering your calls, and now I cant stand your website.

This is the final straw. no more sm for me

LMAO that's funny. You are quitting Delta from a medallion just because you have a disgression against Indians and because there website, which is going to be pretty much the same, looks prettier and nicer, and is much easier to navigate? It looks like someone has an anger problem, if not please go into further detail about this somewhat vague statement.

DeltaRIC Jul 29, 2005 12:46 pm

All you guys saying, "DL needs something to show all their flights, so I don't have to go hunting", OMG you are so right! My family has the same problem and it pisses us off. This brings me back to the fact that DL discontinued their flight guide. @:-) Look DL, why not make some money and keep on publishing flight guides every other season or so, and sell them for like 2-5 bucks??? You would make money and make customers way more happier. UGH! :rolleyes:

DAL767-400ER Jul 29, 2005 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaRIC
All you guys saying, "DL needs something to show all their flights, so I don't have to go hunting", OMG you are so right! My family has the same problem and it pisses us off. This brings me back to the fact that DL discontinued their flight guide. @:-) Look DL, why not make some money and keep on publishing flight guides every other season or so, and sell them for like 2-5 bucks??? You would make money and make customers way more happier. UGH! :rolleyes:

Apart from the fact the fact that I'm a timetable collector and miss Delta's, they still have PDF-Files every single month, which even better than the paper timetables that used to change only every 3-4 months. Information-wise, the PDFs are way above the paper timetables.

thesaints Jul 29, 2005 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by lepdx
.... Besides, I'll always find cheaper tickets on other travel sites, ie. expedia, travelocity, or priceline.

To be honest, every time I found a fare on DL metal somewhere else, I also found it cheaper (even if only by $5) on the DL website.
Now, if you are talking about codeshares, that's another issue.

DeltaRIC Jul 29, 2005 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by DAL767-400ER
Apart from the fact the fact that I'm a timetable collector and miss Delta's, they still have PDF-Files every single month, which even better than the paper timetables that used to change only every 3-4 months. Information-wise, the PDFs are way above the paper timetables.

You mean the desktop Delta timetable? I hate that because you can't flip through it and see what destitions one place flies to. Very frustrating.

vinnmann Jul 29, 2005 8:34 pm

Deleted

vinnmann Jul 30, 2005 6:32 am

New Websit is up

Deleted