FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   New Changes to the Delta Air Lines Internet Web Site: www.delta.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/457755-new-changes-delta-air-lines-internet-web-site-www-delta-com.html)

Gramercy Flyer Jul 30, 2005 9:54 am

When I logged in my my number, logged out and then logged in with my wife's number the system flipped between both accounts - part mine and part my wife's. It seems it can't tell the difference between accounts. Serious security issue if you log in anywhere other than your own computer. I sent an e mail to Delta.

CelticFlyer Jul 30, 2005 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Gramercy Flyer
When I logged in my my number, logged out and then logged in with my wife's number the system flipped between both accounts - part mine and part my wife's. It seems it can't tell the difference between accounts. Serious security issue if you log in anywhere other than your own computer. I sent an e mail to Delta.

The page you are seeing from the previous login session are from your local browser cache. If you click refresh you will then see the correct data for the account you are currently logged in under.

Why is it different from before? Delta's coders have failed to set the data driven pages not to cache on the browser which frankly doesn't inspire confidence in their capabilities or in the pre-launch testing!

jimrpa Jul 30, 2005 10:38 am

No Mac Support?!

Unfortunately, the only two browsers offficially supported by the new website are IT and Netscape 7.2 :mad: Hasn't the Delta IT Department even HEARD of Macintosh and the Safari browser? Further, what about Firefox? Don't the ever read the WSJ or NYT? :rolleyes:

CarolDisney1 Jul 30, 2005 11:33 am

Originally Posted by jetcity405
I am going to say no. Delta, you have lost my business. I cant stand the Indians answering your calls, and now I cant stand your website.

This is the final straw. no more sm for me

Am I the only one who finds this funny! LOL!

3Cforme Jul 30, 2005 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
Personally, I find it rather difficult to read. The font choice as well as the font size was not the best choices. At the very least, they need to increase the font size. It appears smaller than the old web site. In addition, there needs to be more contrast in the colors, especially between the gray and white. This is a major issue with many people, especially middle-aged passengers.

Agreed. I don't yet think of myself as middle-aged, and I'm working with a 21" flat panel monitor. What were they thinking with these choices?

scoobiedo Jul 30, 2005 12:03 pm

I'm using Firefox and have encountered no problems. Have gone back and forth between accounts and all itineraries. So far so good but then I have not attempted to make a reservation yet.

DAL767-400ER Jul 30, 2005 12:27 pm

I'm using Firefox 1.0.6, and I have yet to experience any problem on the site. My Skymiles login is still there and working.
But for god's sake Delta: Since you updated your website, then why the hell did you not update the airport maps? In some cases I feel like 1998, particularly FRA. Plus, route maps are still old-school, and plane seatmaps are not that great either, not to mention that DL hasn't operate any EMB-120s in years. Time to go to site feedback.
@DeltaRIC, you might wanna try this link:
http://images.delta.com/delta/pdfs/flight_schedules.pdf (opens in Acrobat Reader).

Bulldog King Jul 30, 2005 1:32 pm

I've been using Mozilla for quite some time (currently, ver 1.7.7).

I didn't experience any problems when booking a NYC-SFO RT earlier today.

Also, when I came back a bit later....only my Skymiles # was remembered.....not my PIN #. :)

So far, I am quite satisfied with the new website.

A.J.

Canarsie Jul 30, 2005 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I have not tried it yet on my Macintosh computer with Mac OS X and Safari, but believe it or not, I am reporting no problems on a Macintosh computer running System 9.2.2 using Netscape 7...

On my Macintosh computer running Mac OS X, I am able to use www.delta.com with no problem using Netscape 7.02 and Internet Explorer 5.2, but www.delta.com is completely useless when using the Safari browser.

Cholula Jul 30, 2005 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
On my Macintosh computer running Mac OS X, I am able to use www.delta.com with no problem using Netscape 7.02 and Internet Explorer 5.2, but www.delta.com is completely useless when using the Safari browser.

Canarsie...that's odd. I'm running a Mac G-5 with OS X 10.4.2 (Tiger).
I can access and navigate Delta's new website with all three of my browsers:

Firefox 1.0.4, IE 5.2 and Safari 2.0.

Wonder what's happening here?? Maybe Tiger fixes some of these compatibility issues.

atl runner Jul 30, 2005 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
Personally, I find it rather difficult to read. The font choice as well as the font size was not the best choices. At the very least, they need to increase the font size. It appears smaller than the old web site. In addition, there needs to be more contrast in the colors, especially between the gray and white. This is a major issue with many people, especially middle-aged passengers.

I totally agree the font size and contrast are far worse than on the old website and my eyes aren't too bad. They definitely should tweak these things. Other than that, I was able to navigate the site pretty easily using Internet Explorer 6.0.... Of course, I wasn't having much trouble with the previous site either.

Now, work on those fonts DAL.

Canarsie Jul 30, 2005 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Cholula
Canarsie...that's odd. I'm running a Mac G-5 with OS X 10.4.2 (Tiger).
I can access and navigate Delta's new website with all three of my browsers:

Firefox 1.0.4, IE 5.2 and Safari 2.0.

Wonder what's happening here?? Maybe Tiger fixes some of these compatibility issues.

I am using Safari 1.0.3 on a Macintosh G4 with Mac OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar).

I guess it is finally outdated, although I still have no problems using my Macintosh blue-and-white G3 (with a G4 third-party processor) and Netscape 7.0.2 browser...

ComAirKid Jul 30, 2005 2:28 pm

Delta Website

I hope this is not a double-post. Did anyone see the new Delta.com website? Looks pretty cool.

http://www.delta.com

atl runner Jul 30, 2005 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Gramercy Flyer

I just logged in under my wife's account, then logged out, and immediately back in under mine and did not have the problem you were experiencing. I'm not sure what the difference is. I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0 and I never ask sites (including DAL) to remember my Sky Miles number, log-in ID, etc.

Helena Handbaskets Jul 30, 2005 2:54 pm

I like the new web site, but there is one thing missing that seems to be a serioius oversight. For something that Delta will want to trumpet as much as they will the website changes, you'd think they'd have some kind of promotion giving away a boatload of SkyMiles to anyone who checks it out. Where's the "Surfing for Skymiles" promotion??? ;)