FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   New Changes to the Delta Air Lines Internet Web Site: www.delta.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/457755-new-changes-delta-air-lines-internet-web-site-www-delta-com.html)

Lehava Jul 31, 2005 4:19 pm

The Geniuses Behind the Website

This seems to be who made this mess.... (found them under the delta subsidiaries link)

http://deltadt.com/

jimrpa Jul 31, 2005 4:24 pm

Silly Mac Users

I don't believe it - we're on page NINE, and the silly Mac users still haven't caught on that, as I posted way back on Page 4 of this thread (post #48), Delta is NOT supporting the dominant Macintosh browsers (Safari and IE). The really amusing thing is that, some of the more vocal critics in the subsequent posts, are ones who dive immediately on "newbies" for daring to post or ask a question WITHOUT using the "search" function first.

O.k., my request - We ALL know by now that Delta isn't supporting the Mac platform and that there may be problems with the new Delta website not rendering properly in Safari and/or Firefox (and/or Camino for that matter). Can we stop with the Mac problems and move onto other concerns we have about the new website?

P.S. I AM a Mac user (12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook, OS X Tiger 10.4.2). If you're using Firefox on your Mac, you really should be using Camino - a browser specifically built for Mac OS X brought to you by the same great people who brought you Firefox

jimrpa Jul 31, 2005 4:25 pm

Shock, Horror - No BLACKBERRY Support?!

And what's up with the lack of Blackberry support?! sheesh! :D

Lehava Jul 31, 2005 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by jimrpa
I don't believe it - we're on page NINE, and the silly Mac users still haven't caught on that, as I posted way back on Page 4 of this thread (post #48), Delta is NOT supporting the dominant Macintosh browsers (Safari and IE). The really amusing thing is that, some of the more vocal critics in the subsequent posts, are ones who dive immediately on "newbies" for daring to post or ask a question WITHOUT using the "search" function first.

O.k., my request - We ALL know by now that Delta isn't supporting the Mac platform and that there may be problems with the new Delta website not rendering properly in Safari and/or Firefox (and/or Camino for that matter). Can we stop with the Mac problems and move onto other concerns we have about the new website?

P.S. I AM a Mac user (12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook, OS X Tiger 10.4.2). If you're using Firefox on your Mac, you really should be using Camino - a browser specifically built for Mac OS X brought to you by the same great people who brought you Firefox

Are you saying I cant whine because the site wont work on my Commodore 64 *huge smile*

vinnmann Jul 31, 2005 4:32 pm

Deleted

Lehava Jul 31, 2005 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by vinnmann
Braggart. It doesn't work with my TRS 80 either.

Wait, let me try it on our old IBM dummy terminal. Do you think they programmed for DOS? Bet those graphics will look awesome in that green monocolor...maybe I can dig up some greenbar to print my BP's on.

PMD Jul 31, 2005 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Lehava
This seems to be who made this mess.... (found them under the delta subsidiaries link)

http://deltadt.com/

Interesting that their site has larger fonts..... :eek:

Lehava Jul 31, 2005 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by PMD
Interesting that their site has larger fonts..... :eek:

LOL...it definitely must be a custom font issue cause both sites have the same size font for me (I am a font-a-holic so I must have the ones they used on the new site)

NOLA Flyer Jul 31, 2005 6:32 pm

I did just that. Unfortunately, the contact form is anonymous, so they'll probably ignore any email sent via the webform. Better to just send a direct email them with your complaint.

Originally Posted by Lehava
For those having problems, best way to get them noticed is make sure you are filling out the site feedback form....

http://www.delta.com/help/contact_us...back/index.jsp

smileymike13 Jul 31, 2005 6:34 pm

The site looks pretty good and it's nice to have some new flavor, but I agree with the above posts, no entire day search(still has "morning" "noon" "night") plus it would be a pleasent addition to allow a lowest fare search as a grid, but one step at a time is fine with me.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Lehava Jul 31, 2005 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by NOLA Flyer
I did just that. Unfortunately, the contact form is anonymous, so they'll probably ignore any email sent via the webform. Better to just send a direct email them with your complaint.

While I normally would agree with you about ignoring it, I would think immediately following a new roll out they would actually be reading the webform feedback and looking at what people are saying. At least I would hope....

PS I always put my contact info in the comments box on a webform so it is NOT anonymous (and in this case my sm number too)

NOLA Flyer Jul 31, 2005 6:59 pm

No, I'm sure we all saw that. I had posted a comment earlier regarding that. The thing is that it (DL.com) was WORKING FINE using Safari prior to the latest "enhancement." I just downloaded Netscape 7.2 (wasting 51MB on my hard drive) and DL.com renders fine. :rolleyes:

I'm genuinely surprised that there appears to be more Mac users in the DL FT forum than I ever thought would be. :)

P.S. I've got a 12" 1.5GHz PB G4 w/ SuperDrive running 10.4.2 and maxed out with 1.25GB RAM and a 100GB hard drive. Eat your heart out, jimrpa! :p :cool: ^

CelticFlyer Jul 31, 2005 7:15 pm

Can we stop with the Mac problems and move onto other concerns we have about the new website?

What else is there to discuss? There is zero new functionality and the roll out has displayed a significant level of technical and project management incompetence.

Yawn. My interns could do better. :D

jimrpa Jul 31, 2005 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by NOLA Flyer
P.S. I've got a 12" 1.5GHz PB G4 w/ SuperDrive running 10.4.2 and maxed out with 1.25GB RAM and a 100GB hard drive. Eat your heart out, jimrpa! :p :cool: ^

Sweet! I'm waiting until the MacIntel Powerbooks before I upgrade again. After all, Steve promised them by 2007 :D Given his performance with the G5 PowerBook promises, the date's good as gold, right? :rolleyes:

Cholula Jul 31, 2005 9:00 pm

Please see Post #102 earlier in this thread where I already mentioned Camino. And also please see about a half dozen previous posts where I also say the new Delta Website works fine, perfecto and smashing on any Mac that has been kept up to date hardware and software-wise. Delta IS supporting the Mac...they're just not supporting outdated Mac's...or outdated WinDoze machines for that matter.
But I do agree with your statement that we ought to get back to discussing the website changes and not computer platforms.