Search

I Bet Delta's Website Crashes Today 1/5/05

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2005, 2:14 pm

Dumb luck as far as I can tell...
Old Jan 5, 2005, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vinnmann
Has anyone's success getting to DL.com varied depending on whether they are using IE, firefox, or netscape? Maybe it is just dumb luck, but when I use firefox, I seem to have a higher success rate than with IE.

hmm...you're right...it works

okay..take that back...it really didn't.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL FO, AA Ex. Plat, UA 1K
I've gotta defend Delta's IT staff here. They can only work with what their budget allows. How many of the IT budgets for YOUR companies were increased this year? If YOUR company had such a major announcement that drove people to your web sites, would YOUR servers be able to handle it? If so, you have a right to complain. If not, back off.

DL has the best IT the industry & their web site is considerably more flexible than anyone's out there. Sure it has it kinks, but at least it can pull up all of my itineraries based on my SM #. Try the same thing on AA or just about anyone else and you'll need a passenger record locator number + the date of travel. WHAT A HASSLE!

There are other things of course, but give these guys a break. Things will most likely be back to normal tomorrow. Don't forget, the public quickly forgets.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 2:53 pm

Programs: No More Loyalty
Originally Posted by pentop
DL has the best IT the industry & their web site is considerably more flexible than anyone's out there.
Not trying to pick a fight, but I'm not sure this is a true statement.

While DL's web site is pretty good at what it does, it's not as flexible as other sites that allow you to do date-flexible searches or pull up a matrix of fares that you can select. And last I checked it still had that annoying 4-hour window limitation in finding flights. It might have the been best site at one time, but I think it's beginning to feel dated.

Last edited by Sirecca; Jan 5, 2005 at 2:57 pm
Old Jan 5, 2005, 3:24 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by pentop
Don't forget, the public quickly forgets.
What if one forgets that the public quickly forgets? Will the public forget about that?

Perhaps one should forget about forgetting that the public quickly forgets, unless the public forgets to forget for getting forgetful thoughts long forgotten.

On second thought, forget about this milepost...
Old Jan 5, 2005, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
No Luck

Have tried delta.com since early this morning and no success. Low fares won't work if you can't get them : )
Old Jan 5, 2005, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Great. I'm an innocent bystander trying to get my son checked in for his flight to my parents' place tomorrow and the #%$#@!! site won't work. I also called DL because I wanted to add his OnePass # to the record. Busy.

I hope we can track his flights tomorrow. This really sucks for people who are trying to actually use tickets they've purchased.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 5:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

For what it is worth.... I just got on and priced fares very quickly.... seems the novelty is wearing off...........
Old Jan 5, 2005, 5:33 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Given the following factors:
  • The failure of the normal operation of the Internet web site
  • The fees implemented for doing business in person or via telephone
  • The wait time on hold in hopes of speaking to a Delta employee
  • ...and who knows what other factors I have not included here, so insert them here for me...
...I wonder how much business Delta Air Lines lost today...
Old Jan 5, 2005, 6:24 pm

Programs: MAR Plat
www.flysong.com

I wasn't able to get onto delta.com, but flysong comes right up. It won't help for making reservations, but you should be able to use it to check in.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 6:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by djlandkpl
I wasn't able to get onto delta.com, but flysong comes right up. It won't help for making reservations, but you should be able to use it to check in.
Great call.... thank you!
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL DM
Finally got on after several tries at 9pm and was able to purchase the same ticket I had priced online this morning. Interestingly the fare was exactly $5 less than it was on delta.com this AM. Coincidence?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:27 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by djlandkpl
Now, that is just, plain brilliant. Thanks ^
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Just got on with minimal delay, printed boarding passes and even added his OnePass number to the record. Guess the traffic to the site is slowing down.

But thanks for the info on flysong.com- it was good to know I had an alternative. You guys are great!
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Athena53
even added his OnePass number to the record.
I didn't know you could do this, is this new?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.