Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I Bet Delta's Website Crashes Today 1/5/05

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:34 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold, UA 1K, Marriott Plat Prem, Hertz Pres Circle
There is it.....???

Now I am getting the dreaded "The page cannot be displayed" when trying to get to www.delta.com. Anyone else?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Guess I got lucky when I logged on earlier and booked that ticket for this weekend. I tried a moment ago and got nothing. Now it's running but going very slowly. I suppose DL should have "wet leased" some extra computers for the day of their big rollout, especially since the media is reporting it as a 50% cut in fares. DL Marketing must love that!
Are you seeing MQMs calculated? If so, did you have to go to a special screen?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO
brilliant way to increase revenue - suddenly impose a $5 fee for the pleasure of making a reservation and refusing to waive it when the website crashes

i can't wait to see how much more i will be paying for my fares now ... but have not been able to access the website for 4 hours now
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Hmmm, they should be fired. In today's world, they should have been prepared for this. A total embarrassment for them.

But, this is Delta which thinks like a Dinosaur so they probably think its a great sign that they crashed their website.

Originally Posted by USCGamecock
Poor DL IT people. They must be going through heck today!
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Arrrgghhhhh! It was comical at first, but now trying to book a flight for the past hour has gotten rather annoying!
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by DevilBucsFlyer
Arrrgghhhhh! It was comical at first, but now trying to book a flight for the past hour has gotten rather annoying!

Obviously you haven't tried spg.com lately...
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:37 pm

I just logged on the internet for the first time today and have been wondering all day about whats going on. But low and behold, dl.com is down. Now I must keep reading Ft to see whats going on...
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:40 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Can't get onto DL.com and am even having trouble getting on this thread....do you think the DL IT dept have been playing here too?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Exclamation

Originally Posted by marilyn35406
Are you seeing MQMs calculated? If so, did you have to go to a special screen?
Yup, MQM's were calculated correctly at the new rates, 100% for el cheapo tixs. Didn't have to go to any special screen. Even selected seats without a glitch.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:47 pm

Pretty funny. I went to check something on Delta's website, but couldn't get on, so I came here to see if I could find my answer (I did) and I see this post.

Still not working. This is getting annoying.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:49 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by david4455
I hope the novelty wears off soon.... I cannot get on and I am trying to do a web-check-in for tomorrow.........
Me too!! VERY frustrating!!!
Old Jan 5, 2005, 2:01 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Nothing
Old Jan 5, 2005, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Nothing
Keep trying, I got through.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 2:10 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by dspringer28
Keep trying, I got through.
Thanks. Perhaps, best to try later tonight when, hopefully, there will be less activity
Old Jan 5, 2005, 2:12 pm

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 2007 at 7:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.