Wiki Posts
Search

No more BE to ATL-LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2004, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Location: Hotlanta, GA; Starwood Platinum; Delta Platinum Medallion
No more BE to ATL-LAX?

Pardon if this has been covered before.... a search revealed nothing.

Starting in Dec, it looks like there are no more BE-equipped planes doing the ATL-LAX segment (nor the return).

One example, the 8am-ish ATL-LAX flight is now being serviced by a 762 with 18 F seats as opposed to the current 36 BE seats. And upgrades on a Monday morning were already near impossible to get!!! In addition, the flight keeps getting later and later... it will now depart at 8:41 (this is the FIRST flight out).

This is HORRIBLE news.

No more BE service and no more power ports on a darn long flight. It is definitely time to get a non-travelling job on my end.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by Razzle-D
Pardon if this has been covered before.... a search revealed nothing.

Starting in Dec, it looks like there are no more BE-equipped planes doing the ATL-LAX segment (nor the return).
This is HORRIBLE news.

No more BE service and no more power ports on a darn long flight. It is definitely time to get a non-travelling job on my end.

Yep. No 763's, 764 few and far between. Seem to remeber that the 12noon flight will be 764. Going mostly to 757's.

On the other side of the coin, LAX-JFK benefits losing the -57's and gaining the 763's and 4's.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by MachOne
Yep. No 763's, 764 few and far between. Seem to remeber that the 12noon flight will be 764. Going mostly to 757's.

On the other side of the coin, LAX-JFK benefits losing the -57's and gaining the 763's and 4's.
Huh? All but 3 of the 11 ATL-LAX flights and all but 5/12 of the LAX-ATL flights will be operated with 767 this fall. During the winter, when the schedule is overhauled with the DFW dehubbing, every flight except one between LAX/ATL will be operated with a 767.

JFK/LAX will continued to be dominated with 757... looks like one 763 flight this fall, then two this winter - no 764 tho .
Old Oct 14, 2004, 3:02 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I guess that this means that there is a major overhaul in the schedule and they don't need to reposition these planes anymore via LAX. If we are luckier, maybe they plan to overhaul the BE seats and this is just an interim thing. I am confident that everyone is hoping for the latter.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MachOne

As Bagels has stated, the JFK-LAX route will have two 763's ^ next year and the balance of the flights will be on 757's.

MachOne, even if they were to place a 764 on the JFK-LAX route in lieu of a 757, I would hardly call that a benefit.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 6:20 am
In Memoriam

This is a serious degredation, although I have to admit, I do try to avoid LAX and try to do Ontario
Old Oct 14, 2004, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by underpressure
This is a serious degredation, although I have to admit, I do try to avoid LAX and try to do Ontario
Oh man.... knowing Delta Atlanta-Ontario is in a CRJ. I couldn't handle that. Even if I was working there, I would do a BE-equipped flight to LAX then make the drive.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 1:23 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by Razzle-D
Oh man.... knowing Delta Atlanta-Ontario is in a CRJ. I couldn't handle that. Even if I was working there, I would do a BE-equipped flight to LAX then make the drive.

Never made it in a CRJ, MD8 yes, 757 yes...

Is it really ATL Ontario in a CRJ?
Old Oct 14, 2004, 1:27 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

There are currently no non-stop flights between Atlanta and Ontario on a regional jet.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 3:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
This is sad news! I am fairly regular on the ATL LAX run BECAUSE of the 763 BE equipment. Guess I'll just take the direct from CVG on a 57. Perhaps when Airtran starts serving LAX (other than on Ryan Air), they will be an option.

The old 767-200 are dated, but certainly better than the 764. Although the lack of a power port and ISV make it slightly more tolerable. The removal of 18 (versus 763 36 BE seats), 18 (versus 764 36 cramped FC seats) and 6 (versus 757 24 FC seats) first class seats make this a poor choice as a replacement aircraft for these runs.

Once again, DL chases away it's most loyal travelers!
Old Oct 14, 2004, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Never made it in a CRJ, MD8 yes, 757 yes...

I was just kidding. No ATL - Ontario is not currently serviced by CRJ....

UNTIL delta figures out how to get its external gas tanks approved. DL is proposing to use these one-use-only tanks on coast-to-coast flights (in order to reach their ultimate goal of a 100% CRJ fleet), and they plan on jettisoning the tanks somewhere over Oklahoma. Environmentalists are up in arms. Oklahoma would receive a hefty $50 per jettisoned tank that lands within state boundaries (of which $49 will go towards the Sooners athletic program). An extra $1 surcharge will be added to affected flights to cover any legal fees that would result in a jettisoned tank falling off course.

Last edited by Razzle-D; Oct 14, 2004 at 5:36 pm
Old Oct 14, 2004, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by DL Platinum
This is sad news! I am fairly regular on the ATL LAX run BECAUSE of the 763 BE equipment. Guess I'll just take the direct from CVG on a 57. Perhaps when Airtran starts serving LAX (other than on Ryan Air), they will be an option.
There is, and will continue to be unless the schedules are updated, a BE-configured 763 between CVG/LAX...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.