Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading my Q fare

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2004, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta KM/DM, Hyatt GP Plat, HHonors Gold
Upgrading my Q fare

I'm flying Monday from DFW to CVG and on to ISP. CVG to ISP is an RJ but DFW to CVG is an M80. I'd like to upgrade my Q fare from DFW to CVG to an A, which is offered, but at a charge of 300-some additional dollars. This almost doubles the price of the ticket. When I last checked yesterday, only one F seat was reserved but all but one Y were reserved. I don't have status (though that will change before year-end) so I'm worried that the F seats will go as comps to Medallions. Do I just keep calling to inquire about the fare difference from time to time, or will I find that it will remain $300+? As a last resort I'll get my name on the $75 upgrade list but that's only worked for me one time this year and it was from LGA to ATL.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by GoHogsAR
I'm flying Monday from DFW to CVG and on to ISP. CVG to ISP is an RJ but DFW to CVG is an M80. I'd like to upgrade my Q fare from DFW to CVG to an A, which is offered, but at a charge of 300-some additional dollars. This almost doubles the price of the ticket. When I last checked yesterday, only one F seat was reserved but all but one Y were reserved. I don't have status (though that will change before year-end) so I'm worried that the F seats will go as comps to Medallions. Do I just keep calling to inquire about the fare difference from time to time, or will I find that it will remain $300+? As a last resort I'll get my name on the $75 upgrade list but that's only worked for me one time this year and it was from LGA to ATL.
The price will not down, only up. Either pay the $300 or just test you luck at the airport.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta KM/DM, Hyatt GP Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dspringer28
The price will not down, only up. Either pay the $300 or just test you luck at the airport.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.