Wiki Posts
Search

More troubles for DAL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2004, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dedehans
Yup...I have close to 2 million too..calling the family to see who wants to go somewhere interesting FAST...
Not another SPH?

And the Concorde is no longer flying. All of the rest of the planes go generally the same speed but I guess they are fast relative to cars.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 9:22 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by indufan
Not another SPH?

And the Concorde is no longer flying. All of the rest of the planes go generally the same speed but I guess they are fast relative to cars.

Let me rephrase that.....choose quickly to go someplace by plane that might get you there within 48 hours of scheduled arrival time...
Old Jul 14, 2004, 11:21 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
If Delta declares bankruptcy, will cheap fares still earn 50% MQMs?
Old Jul 14, 2004, 11:50 am

Question You drama queens need to get back on topic...

Originally Posted by Cholula
I have been busy tonight both with customers in Nashville and PM'ing indufan back and forth trying to set up a private LAS gig between the two of us. We'd make it public but we're both concerned Dovster would catch wind of it and start his pathetic begging for a B/E ticket to join us.
Is there anyway to get some of thier skymiles if Cholula and indufan go to LAS and end up in bk?
Old Jul 14, 2004, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
Did anybody lose any of their miles from a major carrier that kept flying during bankruptcy?
Old Jul 14, 2004, 12:24 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Arrow Do Not Worry About Your Delta Air Lines SkyMiles!

Originally Posted by USCGamecock
Did anybody lose any of their miles from a major carrier that kept flying during bankruptcy?
To seriously answer your question, no.

I flew Continental Airlines during the worst years in its history (late 1980s early 1990s), and not only was I happy with their service during those years, but they served champagne on the flight I was on when it was announced that day that Continental Airlines officially had emerged from bankruptcy.

Some of those OnePass miles were earned on Eastern Airlines.

I still have more than 150,000 OnePass miles, plus more that is currently being used for an award trip.

My PanAm miles converted into Delta Frequent Flyer miles, which I shortly after instructed Delta Air Lines to merge into my existing account.

I have enough USAirways Dividend Miles for a round-trip award ticket anywhere in the United States, including Hawaii.

I never worried about my American Airlines miles, even though they never declared bankruptcy. However, some of those miles were earned on American Airlines. Others came from Trans World Airlines, and still others came from Reno Air.

I allowed my United Airlines account to lapse years ago when there was no way to extend the expiration date of my miles, but then again I only had 600 miles left in the account anyway after I transferred them into my Hilton Honors account at an incredible promotional rate, just before many of those miles were ready to expire. If I had miles in my United account today (if it still existed), I would not worry at all.

Speaking as a veteran who has had miles in accounts from companies which either declared bankruptcy, went out of business or was acquired by another company, I have not lost one mile due to any of those factors. Do not worry! The only time I have ever lost miles was from accounts which I allowed to expire, such as United (as described above), Midwest Express and America West none of which I had enough miles with which to do anything.

Now, back to that all-inportant question: What will happen to findmeinfirsts SkyMiles if Delta declares bankruptcy?

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 14, 2004 at 12:27 pm
Old Jul 15, 2004, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Canarsie
You forgot about the Drama Queens.

It does not matter to me what Rssrsvp told me about you in New York, findmeinfirst to me, you are still merely an apparition until I finally get to meet you. Rssrsvp told me, as we were standing in the middle of East 18 Street outside of the restaurant, that he met you and that he liked you as a person. However, you left before I arrived.

I am so insulted that I really dont care what will happen to Dovsters miles if DL files bankruptcy...
Canarsie, how martinis did I consume when I told you all of this?
Old Jul 15, 2004, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findmeinfirst
Is there anyway to get some of thier skymiles if Cholula and indufan go to LAS and end up in bk?
I usually don't try to speak for other people but I feel pretty safe talking for Cholula on this one.

No.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 12:34 pm

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
As they said in Monsters Inc...

It my expert opinion that now IS THE TIME TO PANIC!!!!!!!!

OK Everyone! Spend all your miles ASAP!

(More award seats for me next summer. )
Old Jul 15, 2004, 1:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by indufan
I usually don't try to speak for other people but I feel pretty safe talking for Cholula on this one.

No.

Correct.
Plus indufan and I plan to use our miles for gambling in LAS. We'll throw 10,000 miles on the craps table, roll the dice and see what happens.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct.
Plus indufan and I plan to use our miles for gambling in LAS. We'll throw 10,000 miles on the craps table, roll the dice and see what happens.
I hear that some less experienced dealers don't quite know what to think of those red/white/blue chips with the widget logo on them.

Last edited by indufan; Jul 15, 2004 at 2:44 pm
Old Jul 15, 2004, 2:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Cool

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by Cholula; Jul 15, 2004 at 4:01 pm Reason: Now I know what indufan meant to say....
Old Jul 15, 2004, 2:13 pm

Exclamation

Yeah, findmeinfirst!! Let's cut to the chase in this thread and get to the REAL problem!
We're dealing with SERIOUS miles in my case and what am I supposed to do when they go down the tubes along with Delta??!
Huh??
@:-) I have a great idea on how to help you rid yourself of those pesky miles...Fly Dovster and the UIG as well as findmeinfirst along with findherincoach (My beautiful Cholula girl lookalike wife) to LAS so that we can all watch you and indufan gamble your 10,000 miles. @:-)

How does that sound to you Dovster ?
Old Jul 15, 2004, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Hmmm how to rapidly burn off the million plus miles I've been hoarding if necessary?

That's easy -- have the ultimate dinner party and take a handful of friends to Paris for dinner in BE using SkyChoice Awards

How would YOU burn off your hoard?
Old Jul 15, 2004, 2:19 pm

Smile Huh?

Originally Posted by Rssrsvp
Canarsie, how martinis did I consume when I told you all of this?
Canarsie, I hate to be the one to tell you this but my idenity is still unknown. At, the rate those guys were drinking they could have met Leo and liked him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.