Wiki Posts
Search

Crown Room at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2003, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO
Complaint cards in MCO Crown Room

When I checked in at MCO CRC tonight, I saw what appeared to be comment cards right next to the brochures regarding medallion changes. So I asked the woman behind the desk if it was in fact comment cards and she said very excitedly YES. I responded "great, I have a few comments I would like to make regarding the medallion changes' and she responded, 'that is what the cards are here for, please fill one out'

Obviously, someone knows there is a problem or they would not have had a huge stack of comment cards there which I have NEVER seen before.
Old Jan 9, 2003, 7:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
I had the same experience in the SLC CRC on Jan. 3. The agent was very willing to point out the cards. I printed out a thread or two from FT and asked her if she was interested in our comments. She was very eager and greatful for the intro to FT. She asked if it was okay to share with her manager. Well, of course, I encouraged that!
Old Jan 9, 2003, 8:57 pm

Comment cards have been available in the Sky Magazines onboard for several years now.
Old Jan 9, 2003, 9:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
You are right, JJM36. I forgot to mention that they are the exact same comment cards.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JJM36:
Comment cards have been available in the Sky Magazines onboard for several years now. </font>
Old Jan 9, 2003, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JJM36:
Comment cards have been available in the Sky Magazines onboard for several years now. </font>
The point was that the CRC agents suddenly feel the need to maintain a big stack of them at the check-in counter when, in my several years of being a CRC member, I have never seen one on the counter before. Additionally, the agent was very interested in having people fill them in.

[This message has been edited by Donna D (edited 01-09-2003).]
Old Jan 10, 2003, 12:19 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Are these comment cards as "valuable" as most hotel comment cards? I remember staying at the Hotel Bel Air for an anniversary . The stay was a disaster. I wrote a comment complaining about maids knocking on the door at 8:00 AM, etc. Received a lovely form letter from Hotel Bel Air thanking me for my comments and noting that that they were so pleased that we enjoyed our visit. Quite a contrast from the Ritz Calrton, SF were the general mgr. was very interested in our input. Jeez, I hate those boilerplate letters and just love the little bit of personal attention. It really does make a difference.
Old Jan 10, 2003, 8:44 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Big stack of them in the CVG CRC this week.

Old Jan 10, 2003, 6:18 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
Also in T concourse CRC in ATL.
Old Jan 11, 2003, 3:47 am

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
Everytime I complete one of those comment cards I get a very nice personalized letter, whether I had a complaint or a compliment. I appreciate either way.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 6:05 pm

MCO Crown Room

I know Delta flies ou of terminal 4 (at least I think they do). What I cannot find (even on Delta's website) is the exact location of the crown room club.

Is it before or after the monorail link? I hope it is in the center of the gate area rather than in the main hall where the Hotel is.

I rarely go to MCO, so please pardon my ignorance.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 6:10 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
After you get off the monorail, it's off to your left. It's not in any of the three (four if you count the DL connection gates) gate areas; it's in the center area, right across from the Disney Store. The entrance is on the second floor, accessible by stairs or elevator. There will be a sign on the first floor to let you know you've found it.

Enjoy the MCO CRC; it's one of the nicest in the system.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 6:16 pm

Hi Spiff,

Thanks a lot for the information. I'm glad it is after the monorail. And I'm also glad it is a nice club.

Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2003, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat, Marriot Plat, Hertz PC, Avis PS
Like he said, when you get off the monorail, walk straight ahead to the main concourse. Stand on the marble dedication plaque (with the interesting date), facing into the main concourse. Turn 90 degrees to the left. Walk straight ahead, passing the escalator on the left (gates 60-69) and the whitewashed plywood area under construction. There is a small alcove with elevators down to gates 60-69 and up to the CRC. If you walked out onto the concourse going to gates 70-79, you walked too far.

Can ya tell I spend a lot of time in that concourse? ;-)
Old Nov 5, 2003, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
This Crown Room is also home to some of the nicest and most knowledgable Reps in the Delta system! By the way don't look for the Disney store as it was dismantled a while back (just open space now)

You will enjoy your visit!

------------------
former EASTERN ET,AA Gold,US Gold. Current DL PM-MM,Marriott PL, SPG PLT, Hilton Gold
Old Nov 5, 2003, 2:24 pm

You really know that place, eh? Is that "a lot" of time, or "too much" time?

Thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.