Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last Flights as a NW WP PE Member

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2009, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
It was MSP-AMS on 9/19. Fly back AMS-MSP on 10/1, but that will be fully DL.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 7:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta and United Silver, IHG Plat
For me it was the return from the DO at MSP this weekend. Flt 1215 MSP-DFW. Delayed about 10 min.

One notable thing - this was the first COMPLETELY "deltafied" NW plane I've encountered. I've seen a fair number of DL livery on the outside but standard NW interior on the inside. This one had its interior redone DL style - thier seats (leather), etc. NO IFE though - guess they aren't going to bother with that on the smaller NW planes.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 4:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I guess my last flights as a WP General (soon to be DL Silver) member were on 8/6. ORD-MSP-PHX were the culprits.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Next Thursday, I am flying NW, not sure if that will be the last as a NW PE elite or first as a SM PE. Especially as I may try to go standby early in the morning, I'm hoping it's not chaos and pandemonium.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
My last NW PE flights were on 9/9/09! MNL-NRT-DTW-LGA In WBC on the 747 for two legs. :-:
Old Sep 28, 2009, 9:01 pm

with 24 hr check-in i am assuming my boarding pass for 10/1 will still be WP PE...
Old Sep 29, 2009, 2:07 am

My last flight as a WP elite was last year. Although I am still technically a WP elite, all of my flights on NW metal this year have gone on my new CO elite account. All future bookings will be on CO. DL has thoroughly destroyed what used to be a great airline at NW.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Unfortunately I could not make the do because of this trip but my first full DL flight will be NW2 on Thurs NRT-LAX in WBC. Last NW flight was NW7 (nrt-hkg) on Sunday.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:17 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
I believe the merger will occur in October, not on October 1st.

I have a trip Oct. 10-14 and I suspect I will still get WP miles for it.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by fromYXU

The fact that so many changes take effect on Oct 1 tells me there is a systems "event" (one of several) scheduled for Oct 1.

Flight activity miles, rather than posting immediately after flight departure, may take up to 24 hours after your flight departure to post to your account
Effective October 1. 2009, the $20 per ticket service charge when purchasing tickets via reservations or at our airport locations will be waived for Gold and Platinum Medallion members
The partner airline handling charge of $25 per Award Ticket will be eliminated for redemptions made on or after October 1, 2009
The merchandise redemption program (Medallion Marketplace) will temporarily close on September 25, 2009, however will return by year-end with a broader selection of products and offerings
The SkyMiles Online Auction will reopen for bidding in November 2009
Unlimited complimentary upgrades will be available for traveling companions of all Medallion members on NW flights effective October 1, 2009 and will continue to clear within 12 hours prior to departure if available
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:28 am

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec

Yes you will, they will just be relabeled SkyMiles though.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:45 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Check my signature

Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by GaryDD
Yes you will, they will just be relabeled SkyMiles though.
No, I still beleive they will Wp miles that will later become SkyMiles. The transition will be slow and take most of the month.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:47 am

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
No, I still beleive they will Wp miles that will later become SkyMiles. The transition will be slow and take most of the month.
The NW/DL employees at the DO made it quite clear that 10/1 is the targeted date, and it didn't sound like any major hiccups were expected.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:59 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
I just printed my last boarding pass with my WP # on it for SNA-MSP in the AM. I am sad.

NW, I have enjoyed our relationship over the last 28 years. I thought your technology was great and I will miss your site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.