Search

Last Flights as a NW WP PE Member

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Last Flights as a NW WP PE Member

Greetings All:

As some of you may be aware, many of the fine folks from our little corner of FT are gathering this weekend to say farewell to WP in MSP, and you can read about it in the community buzz section if you so choose. I only raise this because the reality just struck me that if 10-1-09 (as has been reported by more than source) is the date that we become SM Medallions than my last flights as a NW WP PE member will be/are/have been to and from MSP (routing through MEM on the way home) from and to CLT today and Sunday. It also seems to me superbly fitting (in a grand sort of way indeed) that my final journey as a WP PE member should involve the Twin Cities. Just thought I would share some Friday thoughts and reiterate for whatever one may think has happened recently and for whatever one may do in the future, once upon a time in the not toooooooo distant past, we sure had it good!^

My normal sign off is generally "Safe Travels", but for this very special occasion (to me at least) I think it more appropriate to say,

Be Well All,
GT

Last edited by GTITAN; Sep 26, 2009 at 9:37 am
Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
My last flight was already in August All other flights were on DL due to schedule and other issues. Took a wine glass with the NWA logo home (I asked!) as a memory of the red tail.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
If it is 10/1, tomorrow is my last -- BWI-DTW-LGA. The things I do/did for the red tail...
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
My last NWA flight as a WP member was last Sunday evening...DTW-SFO, in row 5 on an A320.

I do have 2 flights left before 10/1, but they're on DL CR9's.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
My last flight was on 9/21/09. My next flight is on AA. DL left me no choice.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
My last flight as a PE will be on 9/30. It's about as late as it gets. AUS-MSP-SJC NW3605 connecting to NW1078 (so yes, my last flight will indeed be a mainline flight, on an A320).
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I do CAK-DTW-DEN on the last flight of 9/30. Does that get me a prize as the last FT NW PE flying?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (MM), HH LT Diamond, MR LT Platinum
DTW - LAX in F on 9/18.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:16 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I take SEA-NRT-SIN with my family next week, kind of fitting to have a long shot like this as our final one. It will be a sad event, I have to say that NW has taken really good care of us over the years. I can't tell you how many times we've called the Platinum line at midnight and asked if they could find a way to get us 2 seats up front on the 6am flight out of SIN back to the US. I always felt a sense of being home once we started rolling down the runway.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 6:39 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
My last flight is 9/30 SNA-MSP landing at 13:15. It will be last flight and 13+ years loyal to WP and 2.1+M BIS miles. I will miss the relationship we had. DL might have been able to hold a candle to the service NW provided in the 80s, but not today. No way no how.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 6:57 am

Never thought about it this way but today will be my last DTW-STO. and next Saturday will be my first as a DL PM STO - DTW. Wierd
Old Sep 26, 2009, 8:36 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
I'm earning my last WP EQM today going through EWR, not even on NW metal but needed to stay plat and preserve at least some skymiles value. After that it will be *A and WN and none of this will come even close to what we had with NW. But after what happened with the takeover/merger this is the best for us (I manage about 10 FF accounts and there will be some impact there as well). Still looking to spend the remaining soon to be skymiles but managed to score 4xCAI with most of the balance. Life goes on, safe travels.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 9:55 am

I'm in MSP F Lounge today.... and for me today is my last WorldPerks set of flights. Delta has done a pretty thorough job putting stickers & decals over almost anything that used to say "Northwest".

I'll miss this airline (but I'm optimistic that another airline will emerge as a new favorite... I've been thinking a lot about Virgin America lately; & really wish they would fly to Detroit).
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL Silver, CO Silver, AA, Wyndham ByRequest
Tomorrow, MDW-MSP-MEM-BTR. Got a bump voucher on the way up to Chicago, so I guess they're gonna see me one more time.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:16 am

I will (ironically) make Platinum elite on my last NW flight tomorrow. I am more than a little worried to be increasing status level concurrently with the changeover. Have a feeling this will be a mess...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.