Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Annouces "New BusinessElite" Sevices Between JFK - LAX & SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Annouces "New BusinessElite" Sevices Between JFK - LAX & SFO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 6:50 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by flyinglots
Does anyone know why the V and X availability is always 0 on the JFK-LAX routes? Even with an empty cabin they never show availability. Last month I cleared on my redeye LAX-JFK at the 5 day window, and the outbound to LAX on the battlefield. This month's trips have all been battlefield. I am scheduled out on Monday and still no upgrade, and my return redeye with only a few seats sold shows 0 availability. It seems as if the default is 0 availability since they changed to BE service on this route. Has anyone noticed this?
I was upgraded at the window for LAX-JFK on a 767-300ER. The flight had the BE pillows and blankets but no other traditional BE items, the service and food was standard domestic first.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 6:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Can someone clarify the dinner options for JFK-LAX? I am looking at mid week late February and the 9:05pm flight says "snack"...I understand its after the 8:00pm cut off time for dinner listed on the webiste but does this premium route get an exception? I am curious to know what a "snack" constitutes for this flight.

Also Delta.com shows odd results for "in flight services"...the 4:30pm flight shows "dinner"...the 6:10 flight says "none" and the 9:05pm says "snack"
Old Oct 22, 2009, 6:52 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PE
So far, I am getting the upgrades, but at the gate, rather than in advance. Further, there never seems to be availability. I was just wondering if this is because it is a BE product. Before they rolled out the BE service, I was upgraded at the window a majority of the time. I know there were more seats available, but with few, if any, seats in BE sold I am still seeing the upgrades not clear until the gate.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:19 am

Programs: DL
I am flying jfk-lax tonight at 8:30. I did not clear at the window. I am currently number 3 of 4 on the upgrade list but thats just because not everyone is checked in. I am not holding my breath for the upgrade.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
So far, I am getting the upgrades, but at the gate, rather than in advance. Further, there never seems to be availability. I was just wondering if this is because it is a BE product. Before they rolled out the BE service, I was upgraded at the window a majority of the time. I know there were more seats available, but with few, if any, seats in BE sold I am still seeing the upgrades not clear until the gate.
I am upgraded at the gate too. I frankly expect the upgrades to continue this way on the LAX/JFK route as DL tries to win customers from AA and UA.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:57 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PE
I guess as long the upgrades keep clearing, I can't complain.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Any Golds out there been getting the upgrade on JFK-LAX or mainly just Platinums? Not sure how hard it will be to get the upgrade as Gold with the 16 seats in FC...
Old Oct 22, 2009, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by NHFL9
I was upgraded at the window for LAX-JFK on a 767-300ER. The flight had the BE pillows and blankets but no other traditional BE items, the service and food was standard domestic first.
Don't know when you flew, but all BusinessElite items except for amenity kit are now given, including noise cancelling headset. Meal is enhanced by using BusinessElite china, silverware, and linens. Meal is NOT standard domestic first. It is much better like BusinessElite minus the appetizer. And, like another poster mentioned, near full BE menu will be rolled out soon.

And, don't know how many UA flyers are stealing, but they have certainly stolen this UA 1k from flying p.s.

Last edited by BlissWorld; Oct 22, 2009 at 8:22 am
Old Oct 22, 2009, 8:40 am

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Any Golds out there been getting the upgrade on JFK-LAX or mainly just Platinums? Not sure how hard it will be to get the upgrade as Gold with the 16 seats in FC...
Im wondering the same as im number 3 of 5 right now for 11 seats for dl 715 tonight jfk-lax
Old Oct 22, 2009, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
I am upgraded at the gate too. I frankly expect the upgrades to continue this way on the LAX/JFK route as DL tries to win customers from AA and UA.
Since it is so new, I think DL is still trying to figure out numbers and when/if upgrade inventory should be released. Only time will tell.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 9:42 am

i think i am 6/6 on the upgrades since they rolled this out. but every time at the gate...even with 10 seats available up front.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Don't know when you flew, but all BusinessElite items except for amenity kit are now given, including noise cancelling headset. Meal is enhanced by using BusinessElite china, silverware, and linens. Meal is NOT standard domestic first. It is much better like BusinessElite minus the appetizer. And, like another poster mentioned, near full BE menu will be rolled out soon.

And, don't know how many UA flyers are stealing, but they have certainly stolen this UA 1k from flying p.s.
It was very recently (within the last two weeks)! Regular domestic fare including the paper "linen." Took them over two hours after takeoff to serve the standard domestic meal. All and all I was disappointed, but certainly not going to complain since I was upgraded off of a T fare.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by RBFlyguy
i think i am 6/6 on the upgrades since they rolled this out. but every time at the gate...even with 10 seats available up front.
i'm 2/2 at the 5day window as plat, but can't comment further yet because both are to be flown (TBF?) this weekend SFO-JFK.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Does anyone know why the V and X availability is always 0 on the JFK-LAX routes? Even with an empty cabin they never show availability. Last month I cleared on my redeye LAX-JFK at the 5 day window, and the outbound to LAX on the battlefield. This month's trips have all been battlefield. I am scheduled out on Monday and still no upgrade, and my return redeye with only a few seats sold shows 0 availability. It seems as if the default is 0 availability since they changed to BE service on this route. Has anyone noticed this?
This plat on an M fare was not cleared until the gate. Unfortunately they closed the flight 9 mins early so I missed (due to connection delay) and wasn't able to experience the Domestic BE service.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by NHFL9
It was very recently (within the last two weeks)! Regular domestic fare including the paper "linen." Took them over two hours after takeoff to serve the standard domestic meal. All and all I was disappointed, but certainly not going to complain since I was upgraded off of a T fare.
I guess I lucked out! I flew it just a few days ago. I'll post some pics later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.