Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Retroactive Counting of Award Change Fee Waivers for a Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Retroactive Counting of Award Change Fee Waivers for a Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by GrizShel
I think this is the experience that most have had. However, according to the agent that worked on my award, you'd already be up to 4 changes and would have had to pay $100 as a Platinum Elite the second time you called to change the itinerary.
This agent was totally and completely Incorrect....(that is if this was a NW Worldperks agent.....)
Old Aug 13, 2009, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by ResSalesGuy
2nd change=2nd WVR.....3rd change would be 50$pp...($100 for 2 pax)
On the NW side it seems pretty clear....They should have delayed it for this program yr. since the programming couldnt support it....The confusion all came with the announcement and then not implementing it until May....It confused employees and obviously everyone else....
That is exactly correct...I made a change in June...Agent asked me if I wanted to use a fee waiver and I asked why I wouldn't want to use it...she told me if I had a future reservation that would have a larger number of passengers on the PNR, I might want to save the waiver to use if I needed to change that reservation since the waiver would cover the entire PNR fliers.

Waiver is for whole PNR.
Fee is per passenger.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
If you attempt to change an award ticket on nwa.com, a box pops up that states something like:

'if you want to use a free platinum elite fee waiver for this change, please cancel and call the PE line'.

Have one that needs to be changed now -- return on a RT biz award to PEK that does not happen until January 2010. I am waiting until late in the year to do it -- as close as possible to actual dates to avoid multi-changes and possible fees.

On that same award, one outbound leg did not book in biz, but to 'upgrade' into the class of service that was CHARGED, have to pay a fee or use a waiver!
Old Aug 13, 2009, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Pick2LiteMSP
If you attempt to change an award ticket on nwa.com, a box pops up that states something like:

'if you want to use a free platinum elite fee waiver for this change, please cancel and call the PE line'.

Have one that needs to be changed now -- return on a RT biz award to PEK that does not happen until January 2010. I am waiting until late in the year to do it -- as close as possible to actual dates to avoid multi-changes and possible fees.

On that same award, one outbound leg did not book in biz, but to 'upgrade' into the class of service that was CHARGED, have to pay a fee or use a waiver!
Just wait till the schedule changes happen....Then its free
Old Aug 13, 2009, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
Just wait till the schedule changes happen....Then its free
Yeah -- they already did the schedule change thing on the outbound and I tried -- no dice. The change was only by about 10 minutes time frame (no flight # or metal changes).

But, likely that January one will not be as-booked, so watching and waiting.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
2nd change=2nd WVR.....3rd change would be 50$pp...($100 for 2 pax)
On the NW side it seems pretty clear....They should have delayed it for this program yr. since the programming couldnt support it....The confusion all came with the announcement and then not implementing it until May....It confused employees and obviously everyone else....
Delay til 2010 would have been the right thing to do. That way, my benefits earned in 2008 wouldn't be changed mid-year for 2009. Further, it should be delayed indefinitely.

Yeah -- they already did the schedule change thing on the outbound and I tried -- no dice. The change was only by about 10 minutes time frame (no flight # or metal changes).

So what constitutes a significant enough change that you have a right to ask for a free change? 30 min? 1 hour? 2 hours? Miss a connection?

One more thought, we should call DL on the BS about abuse. Or at least see if they really are BS-ing us. In other words, has Perksaver ticket availability actually gone up? Has the abuse decreased? How many seats are not being flown? I'd like to see a post-change study to know how things have changed, and have DL post it to us with transparency. Perhaps that is too much to ask from the DL beancounters...
Old Aug 14, 2009, 8:32 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
of course... when the "abuse" is made up... so they can re-add it later as a perk of the 4th tier...

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Perhaps that is too much to ask from the DL beancounters...
Old Aug 14, 2009, 1:41 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold

Be patient. The fee will be the same in January as it is now.

I had a friend get sick on a Sunday and asked someone to cancel their NW flight for Tuesday, based on what they perceived to be the seriouslness of the illness.

On Monday, they were fine and wanted to go Tuesday. Called to rebook teh same ticket, and it was 4 times as expensive.

Lesson- Don't cancel until the last minute, as in an hour before the flight, especially when a schedule change may make it free. If the flight is delayed, trip in vain should get a full refund.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:37 pm

Lesson- Don't cancel until the last minute, as in an hour before the flight, especially when a schedule change may make it free. If the flight is delayed, trip in vain should get a full refund.[/QUOTE]

True...Unless its WX delayed, then trip in vain does NOT apply...Also, be aware most of the current fares have a clause that states they must be cancelled or changed B4 dept or they are forfeited!
Old Sep 30, 2009, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
Originally Posted by Live4Miles
Waiver is for whole PNR.
Fee is per passenger.
They definitely have a training issue on this one. I just called the PE line to make a change to a 2 passenger PNR and was told that counted as "two separate waivers." I stated my understanding that it was 1 PNR = 1 Waiver. "No, definitely not. Two passengers takes two waivers." was the response. I asked if she could look it up or check, and she came back a minute later: "You're right, Mr. Hoosiereph."'If I was a non-FT'er, I probably never would have known otherwise.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hoosiereph
They definitely have a training issue on this one. I just called the PE line to make a change to a 2 passenger PNR and was told that counted as "two separate waivers." I stated my understanding that it was 1 PNR = 1 Waiver. "No, definitely not. Two passengers takes two waivers." was the response. I asked if she could look it up or check, and she came back a minute later: "You're right, Mr. Hoosiereph."'If I was a non-FT'er, I probably never would have known otherwise.
Wrong, call again. 1 PNR = 1 change unless you call back another time = 2 changes.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 4:34 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by hoosiereph
The DL culture is such that many an employee (and their near and dear ones) feel than any waiver granted for fees or other things will come back to bite them sooner or later -- they make it their default to fleece customers. The concept of doing right by the customer -- even if it involves a favor or waiver -- to "live long and prosper" is an alien concept for those assimilated by the prevailing culture at DL HQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.