Wiki Posts
Search

New PM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2009, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
New PM

On Monday I will qualify for PM on the out bound leg of a 10 day trip. I would guess that the miles would post to my account and the status change show within a few days. My question is to gain lounge access on my return, will I need to have my PM creds with me? Or can the lounge attendants verify my eligibility?

Also, can I use DL miles to upgrade an M fare on NW and a NW/KLM codeshare?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 5:38 pm

Wink

Can't answer all of your questionS; but your status usually posts on Saturdays for any change. As a PM you don't automatically gain access to any World Club/Crown Room/ or whatever they're called now. "You have to PAY", even as a PM for it; so the short answer is NO. If you have an AMEX Plat card you can gain access to all DL/NW lounges.
2nd question: of course if you have enough miles in the bank and the fare availability (M Class) is there you can use them for upgrades. We would need more details to help you out more. Suggest you call the PM desk for more help.
Cheers
Old Sep 30, 2009, 6:42 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by JPL9869
On Monday I will qualify for PM on the out bound leg of a 10 day trip. I would guess that the miles would post to my account and the status change show within a few days. My question is to gain lounge access on my return, will I need to have my PM creds with me? Or can the lounge attendants verify my eligibility?

Also, can I use DL miles to upgrade an M fare on NW and a NW/KLM codeshare?
Is it an international trip?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 6:47 pm

If it is an international trip and you are flying DL or a SkyTeam Carrier, and your DL.Com Account Membership level/ boarding pass shows "Platinum Medallion", you should be able to access the SkyClub or other SkyTeam lounges for free.

The class of service does not matter and the way you paid for the ticket also does not matter (so an Economy Class saver award international ticket would qualify for Lounge Access).

Its a SkyTeam Elite Plus (Platinum) benefit on international flights.

For domestic flights --- you don't qualify for free access. For domestic flights you will need either a SkyClub 90day/1year/3year membership, a one-day access pass which you can buy at the skyclub, or you need to get the DL Reserve Credit card.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by bmw303
For domestic flights --- you don't qualify for free access. For domestic flights you will need either a SkyClub 90day/1year/3year membership, a one-day access pass which you can buy at the skyclub, or you need to get the DL Reserve Credit card.
...OR flying JFK-West Coast transcons which get you SkyClub access. JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX/SAN/DEN all qualify. I might be missing one.

-RM
Old Sep 30, 2009, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
...OR flying JFK-West Coast transcons which get you SkyClub access. JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX/SAN/DEN all qualify. I might be missing one.

-RM
Provided the person is in FC. Here's the link.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by CalDeltaFlyer
If you have an AMEX Plat card you can gain access to all DL/NW lounges.
I take it that you don't mean the SM Plat AMEX?
Old Oct 1, 2009, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
It is an international trip. DTW-AMS-AUH / MCT-AMS-DTW.

The ex/in AMS flights are booked as NW flights on KLM metal.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 4:35 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by CalDeltaFlyer
Can't answer all of your questionS; but your status usually posts on Saturdays for any change. As a PM you don't automatically gain access to any World Club/Crown Room/ or whatever they're called now. "You have to PAY", even as a PM for it; so the short answer is NO. If you have an AMEX Plat card you can gain access to all DL/NW lounges.
2nd question: of course if you have enough miles in the bank and the fare availability (M Class) is there you can use them for upgrades. We would need more details to help you out more. Suggest you call the PM desk for more help.
Cheers
Great response but there has been a history of confusion about Amex Plat and Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express card.

Originally Posted by skoker
I take it that you don't mean the SM Plat AMEX?
The Delta SM Plat Amex does not get one Sky Club access (nor to the former CRCs). For lack of a better term its the traditional Amex Platinum card that allows access to many airline lounges including Sky Clubs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.