Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Clubs to cease participation in Priority Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Clubs to cease participation in Priority Pass

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2009, 5:35 am

Programs: Newly minted AA EXP Plat., disatisfied UA 1K, Marriott Silver & Hilton Gold
The few times I've used PP overseas I was happy. I'm hoping this isn't the sign of an end. If they lose to many lounges then it could be the sign of them being a victim of this economy.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
8 days later.. my response

Dear Mr. Pitbrian,

Thank you for contacting us through delta.com. We are sorry for the delay in responding to your message.

At this time I am unable to confirm if Delta is no longer going to be a participant in Priority Pass. As far as I can determine we still are associated with the Priority Pass Program. I have forward a request for information concerning this subject to our SkyClub Promotions desk.
Priority Pass, is an independent airport lounge access program, providing access to designated Delta Sky Clubs for Priority Pass Members and 2 accompanying guests. This could have been an independent location that was to disassociate from the program.

We are working hard to ensure that the integration of Delta Crown Room Club and Northwest WorldClubs to create Delta Sky Club will be a smooth and seamless transition for all customers.

All Club locations will continue to honor current Crown Room Club and WorldClubs membership cards. For membership and renewal information as well as location details, please visit delta.com/skyclub.

Mr. Pitbrian, we value your business and appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns with us. Customer feedback is an invaluable resource when evaluating our overall operation. As I mentioned before, I have forward your concerns on the applicable department for research.

Sincerely,

XXXX XXX
Online Customer Support Desk
http://www.delta.com
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:21 pm

A major disconnect here. Two DL representatives have confirmed - by email - that the PriorityPass arrangement is ending, effective 1 September.

It would be a great help to know the name of the Online Customer Support Desk agent.

The Medallion Desk response is in direct conflict and their email language has no "unable to confirm" escape clause.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by LegalTender
It would be a great help to know the name of the Online Customer Support Desk agent...
Posting company rep names is against the T&C of FT I believe.. can someone correct me if I am wrong?

Agreed there is a major disconnect.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by pitbrian
Posting company rep names is against the T&C of FT I believe.
Not to my knowledge. There are cut-and-paste FT posts crediting Deborah Ashley, Gus Schultz, Austin O'Grady and Grace Elster emailing from the Medallion Desk.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 12:21 pm

Any word if PP has found a replacement for Delta/NW? The lack of a single club in SLC is a killer for me; however, I do not fly Delta frequently enough to go the Plat AmEx route.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 12:36 pm

Talking to the front desk folks at the clubs in SEA and CVG this weekend, they were both baffled by the decision to turn away the money. In CVG they said they get maybe 10 PP members/day (which doesn't seem like a whole lot!).

Curious about how that stacks up with busier lounges like in ATL--anyone know?
Old Aug 3, 2009, 1:43 pm

It seems now that all clubs have a sign up at the entrance noting the end of the Priority Pass program as of Sept 1. Funny that Delta has done a better job communicating to PP customers than PP has.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 2:23 pm

[QUOTE=bigbrownboy;12167586]Talking to the front desk folks at the clubs in SEA and CVG this weekend, they were both baffled by the decision to turn away the money. In CVG they said they get maybe 10 PP members/day (which doesn't seem like a whole lot!).

QUOTE]

Maybe DL wanted more money? or PP wanted less? Or DL wanted PP out in order to force customers to chose a more captive/profitable method of entry (either via outright SC membership or through Amex).

Without inside knowledge, its impossible to say why PP was cut off.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 3:24 pm
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by FLLDL
Maybe DL wanted more money? or PP wanted less? Or DL wanted PP out in order to force customers to chose a more captive/profitable method of entry (either via outright SC membership or through Amex).

Without inside knowledge, its impossible to say why PP was cut off.
On smaller airports I usually sign-in on paper with my PP number. On an average day there are not more that 6 ppl before me on the list, if that. In ATL/JFK a little more but still nothing compared to the Amex holders.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 9:27 am

Programs: NWA, Marriott, Hilton
In talking with the desk clerk at SEA about the PP she was surprised about the change. I wrote a letter to Delta about the change but don't expect much. As I fly out of IND and therefore almost always have a connection I have been considering changing to another airline since the announced merger - hate ATL - and this seems to be the final straw. At this point trying to figure who makes the most sense to switch to.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Thank you, TransWorldOne, for starting this thread.

I know it won't make you feel any better, but my lifetime CO Presidents Club membership will soon be useless on DL/NW, too. So no more lounges in MNL.

At NRT, the delicious DL/NW food was better than the UA offerings, though I haven't had the opportunity or need to check that out recently. With the eight-hour SPN-NRT-MNL layovers, perhaps I'll have the chance to go back to the Red Carpet Club soon.

Who knows, I may be moving back to the Bay Area next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.