Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

BYOB? Is it possible to bring my own alcohol for int. flight with Delta?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BYOB? Is it possible to bring my own alcohol for int. flight with Delta?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:42 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's strange for someone to join FT just long enough to acuse another person of being an alcoholic when the other person hasn't been seen here since 2008.
And now I wonder what happened to that other person we haven't seen since 2008.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
And now I wonder what happened to that other person we haven't seen since 2008.
Rehab
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:36 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Thread of the Month

Why not to change ticket to KLM metal (DL code) via AMS? You woul still get your EQM's by flying on DL code, right?

I remember from my KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing (Platinum equivalent before this AF-KL merge/SkyTeam tragedy happened) days, that KLM was extremely liberal with booze and should still serve alcohol for free in Coach...

Update... well it WAS Thread of the Month in... 2008

Last edited by TPJ; Jan 8, 2012 at 8:47 pm
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's strange for someone to join FT just long enough to acuse another person of being an alcoholic when the other person hasn't been seen here since 2008.
LOL of a lifetime!
Old Jan 8, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
had no idea delta didnt have complimentary alcoholic beverages on international flights. i guess thats why sometimes when i fly emirates/malaysian/singapore airlines i have seatmates who seem surprised the alcohol is free
Old Jan 8, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
In Y, wine flowed for me DTW-AMS, no need for doggie bags
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
I usually travel with a book bag carry-on with all my inflight goodies. It always contains a 3-4 mini-bottles of Skyy. They always get through security.

It's best not to be obvious if you're pouring your own booze when "no one" is looking!

It's best to purchase whatever you want to mix your booze with after security. Make your concoction in a discreet location and then board the plane, with a bottle of Vitamin Water for example.... then ask for ice and pour from there.

Keep it classy, ...... on a budget!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:26 am

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Originally Posted by SPatrick83
I usually travel with a book bag carry-on with all my inflight goodies. It always contains a 3-4 mini-bottles of Skyy. They always get through security.
Do you use the Skyy Priority security lane?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Originally Posted by SkyBuck
Do you use the Skyy Priority security lane?
+1
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by DillMan
I'm amazed noone has bitten on this post.
forgot to mention Ambien ^
Old May 28, 2013, 8:41 pm

Wow its amazing how you can afford to pay for an international flight but cannot afford to purchase alcohol. Delta does offer complimentary beer and wine in Coach? Whats the difference paying $8 for alcohol vs paying more at the airport bar?

What I would do is buy a Delta SkyClub pass and arrive extra early and enjoy all the booze there. If you haven't had enough then go ahead and buy on board what you need. Also if you really want free alcohol fly on airlines like Lufthansa, KLM etc that offer it as part of the ticket.

Like all has said its illegal to bring on your own alcohol. I was once on a flight where a passenger was caught and it was not pretty we waited until the police took the guy away. The pursuer told me later that a person can be fined $10,000 dollars+be on the no fly list and backlisted etc.

Now $10,000 is more than a good Dom Perrignon? I would much rather wait until I arrived in Europe for good wine/spirits. I have found a good bottle of wine for 10-12 Euros.
Old May 30, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by danielonn
Wow its amazing how you can afford to pay for an international flight but cannot afford to purchase alcohol. Delta does offer complimentary beer and wine in Coach? Whats the difference paying $8 for alcohol vs paying more at the airport bar?

What I would do is buy a Delta SkyClub pass and arrive extra early and enjoy all the booze there. If you haven't had enough then go ahead and buy on board what you need. Also if you really want free alcohol fly on airlines like Lufthansa, KLM etc that offer it as part of the ticket.

Like all has said its illegal to bring on your own alcohol. I was once on a flight where a passenger was caught and it was not pretty we waited until the police took the guy away. The pursuer told me later that a person can be fined $10,000 dollars+be on the no fly list and backlisted etc.

Now $10,000 is more than a good Dom Perrignon? I would much rather wait until I arrived in Europe for good wine/spirits. I have found a good bottle of wine for 10-12 Euros.
Any particular reason you felt compelled to resurrect a thread from 2008, especially since there's such exciting alcohol debate going on in the SC changes thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.