Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

BYOB? Is it possible to bring my own alcohol for int. flight with Delta?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BYOB? Is it possible to bring my own alcohol for int. flight with Delta?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2008, 5:33 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, Dividend Miles, True Blue, Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by yensoy
Step 1. Buy an orange. And a syringe.
Step 2. Peel off "Dole" or "Organic" (whatever) sticker from orange.
Step 3. Inject syringe into orange and suck out some juice.
Step 4. Fill syringe with alcohol of choice and inject into orange.
Step 5. Replace sticker.
Step 6. Carry orange with you (yes, fruits are permitted, but I think they might not be too happy with a watermelon)
But I want to bring on this watermelon:

http://blog.evite.com/evite/2007/09/...-summer-b.html

-Dave
Old Jun 28, 2008, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by FoPAA
• taken off the aircraft once served. Delta’s policy requires that all liquor,
complimentary or sold must be consumed on board the aircraft. “Liquor to
go” is not allowed."
(Whether your FA complies with policy or not is a different matter)
Ooops. I did end up with a half bottle of wine after a BE flight, so at least this part isn't universally enforced.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by newfie
Wife and I always pack several mini bottles of gin and j daniels, she orders sprite and I order coke and enjoy our flight, upgraded 50% of the time so we use it on return flight or save it for next flight......no one has ever said anything to us about having our own liquor.
Do you place your mini bottles in your quart sized plastic bag for security inspection?
Old Jun 28, 2008, 8:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Originally Posted by MrDave
But I want to bring on this watermelon:

http://blog.evite.com/evite/2007/09/...-summer-b.html

-Dave

LOL same here...I love it!
Old Jun 28, 2008, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Do you place your mini bottles in your quart sized plastic bag for security inspection?
This is mentioned in the earlier part of the thread. That's what you would do.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by DLFan2
What's the big deal? What is keeping you from just buying the drinks you feel you have to have? Sure it is more expensive than BYOB, but it is comparable or even cheaper than purchasing a drink in a bar. All this scheming for the purpose of consuming alcohol on board seems pretty silly. Just purchase your drinks. No worries!
DL service is so lacking in Y that this would likely result in the OP getting one or two drinks during the entire flight.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:04 pm

I'm rather surprised that no one has mentioned the question of whether the FA would have your brand of choice. I've already read that the CRC no longer offers Maker's Mark so I would assume this holds for inflight as well. Years ago, Remy Martin VSOP was carried but now, it is rather unusual to find better than a VS grade of cognac irrespective of brand.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 1:29 am

Programs: UA 2P
In africa they have little foil packets of alcohol, like ketchup packets but bigger, you can put them in your pocket and get patted down and no one knows. There are certainly less than 100 ml!
Old Jun 29, 2008, 1:54 am

Programs: UA 1k
Red face

On a Air Thai flight to BKK, friend bought a 750ml bottle of rum prior to flight.
He was in Y, I was in C.
Went back there a few times to help him drink it, asked the FA for coke for it, and they didn't mind. But was fairly light load (he had row to himself), and we weren't rowdy or anything.

Similar thing on BA with different friend, and whiskey that time.

All depends who you get.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 7:33 am

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Delta DM
The last time we flew BE the FA kept bring the wife gin and tonics and then wine then gin and tonics, I swear I think she was trying to get my wife drunk!
One thing about flying in BE, they keep the drinks coming and don't keep count on how many you have been served. The FA's also don't tend to notice whether you bring your own when sitting in coach either.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Korhan
I guess I'll just get 2-3 small bottles from a local store and put them in zip lock...

I'm actually now thinking about getting some niquill gels and have 2-3 of them... I'd enjoy chugging it but I can't take it to the plane either...

Any good advice is still appreciated...

Korhan

PS: I feel weird that I sound like an alcholoic, I really am not, I'm just a college student going to Arizona State (that didn't quite help did it? )
You'd be better served addressing your chemical dependency than all this effort to figure out how you can stay drunk in flight.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JetJaguar
You'd be better served addressing your chemical dependency than all this effort to figure out how you can stay drunk in flight.
Welcome to FT!

No real need to resurrect old threads that haven't had any activity in three years.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:57 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes
No real need to resurrect old threads that haven't had any activity in three years.
I don't see anything wrong with resurrecting an old thread as long as there is something useful to add (an update, a question). That comment, on the other hand, was off topic and did not add anything useful, so I'm going to agree with you that I would prefer that this thread had been left alone.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's strange for someone to join FT just long enough to acuse another person of being an alcoholic when the other person hasn't been seen here since 2008.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's strange for someone to join FT just long enough to acuse another person of being an alcoholic when the other person hasn't been seen here since 2008.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.