Search

DL's New Inflight Safety Video

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:43 am
Suspended

That was exciting ^^^
Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by DeltaCustomerInsights
Same seat, we just changed out the belt. (I believe that the second belt is the kind of belt used in the new 777s Business Elite cabin.)

Actually, the first belt was also swapped out to make sure it was clean, shiny, and spotless.
So it was you for both?

I had read somewhere else that the second belt is on the 777 Business Elite seat, which begs the question, WHY would they use a different type of belt with a different type of release mechanism?

COMMONALITY is your friend! I know this isn't the sort of thing that y'all would know about or keep track off, but maybe I'll ask on the "airliners.net" forums. It isn't clear what is wrong with the "classic" design that would make the seat designers of the new seat change it!
Old Feb 23, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Burj
So it was you for both?

I had read somewhere else that the second belt is on the 777 Business Elite seat, which begs the question, WHY would they use a different type of belt with a different type of release mechanism?

COMMONALITY is your friend! I know this isn't the sort of thing that y'all would know about or keep track off, but maybe I'll ask on the "airliners.net" forums. It isn't clear what is wrong with the "classic" design that would make the seat designers of the new seat change it!
The new BusinessElite lie flat seat on the 777-200LR fleet has a seatbelt with an airbag (due to the angle of the seat...they're arranged in a herringbone design and require an supplemental restraint system). That particular seatbelt has a different buckle.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 12:26 pm

Programs: Delta - PM; Marriott - Gold; Hilton - Silver
Originally Posted by DeltaFreak
Keep the comments coming...positive, negative and everything in between!
Excellent video. Music is not overpowering. Its nice to see DL taking a chance on doing something different with something that's considered routine.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 8:41 pm

Programs: SkyMiles
Thanks!

Originally Posted by alan32
Excellent video. Music is not overpowering. Its nice to see DL taking a chance on doing something different with something that's considered routine.
Appreciate the compliment!

"Change Is: A safety video that grabs your attention!"
Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:40 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by indufan
I hope kind kid isn't unconscious by the time that dad gets around to putting his oxygen mask on. What's the deal with the little ding and the brightening of the guys teeth with the seat cushion?
I thought the same thing! I was almost waiting for the FA to waive her finger at the Dad saying, "No, No, No! Don't wait so long to put on your kid's mask or he will pass out."

Well you can be assured that Mr. Clean lifejacket would NEVER be in a United Video..those planes are flying cesspools.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Since when did Delta get 737-700s? Anyway, my 2 cents:

1. O2 guy (the one with the son) is one hot daddy. WOOF. Even cuter with the hair messed up a bit.
2. Exit row guy near the beginning is pretty cute.
3. Seat belt guy is pretty good looking too.
Man I'll have to go back and watch the video again for the hot guys. I did think the young dude with the frizzy hair and MP3 player in the previous safety video was cute.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 1:21 pm

The new BusinessElite lie flat seat on the 777-200LR fleet has a seatbelt with an airbag (due to the angle of the seat...they're arranged in a herringbone design and require an supplemental restraint system). That particular seatbelt has a different buckle.
Thanks for the info. I can see how an airbag deploying could somehow "catch" the older flap/latch mechanism and release the belt, which would be BAD.

However I'm a little confused when you say that due to the angle of the seat, they require a supplemental restraint system. While a supplemental restraing system is great, what does "required" mean? Required by the FAA, DOT, Gov't of the U.S.??

I ask because the layout/design has been around a LONG time on Virgin Atlantic and they don't have airbags. The exact same seat is on Air NZ and they don't have airbags. In fact isn't Delta's new seat the same as that used on Air Canada, and they don't have airbags?

However I've read the SQ DOES have airbags on their Business class seats, but those seats are face forward seats, not herringbone....

Please don't get me wrong, more protection is great, and better, and I applaud Delta for having air bags....just that saying they are "required" is a little confusing.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
Thought the video was a nice refreshing take on a potentially mundane subject that we've all heard hundreds of times.

Congrats to DL for daring to be a little different. And personally, I love "Deltalina's" finger shaking.

Nice job!
Old Feb 24, 2008, 2:52 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
There seems to be a lot of discussion around the pilot holding the mic. This was one of many "bits" you see throughout the video i.e. finger-wagging, tooth sparkle, etc. Most customers who are not as savvy as all of you aviation enthusiasts still think the pilot uses the mic when he's making a PA announcement. Additionally, the entire video was made to evoke the images people are accustomed to seeing onboard.
I think the finger waggle is funny and the tooth sparkle elicits a little chuckle, but I don't "get" the holding the mic thing. Is it supposed to be funny that he would be holding a mic when obviously doing a video shoot? It just looks silly to me. Maybe if he said "Ahem...is this thing on?" or something like that it might be funny.

On the Delta Blog (see 2nd post of this thread) someone wrote:
Anybody recognize the pax wearing the headphones…? too funny..
DeltaFreak, can you enlighten us, because I don't recognize the guy.

FWIW, the FA (collecting glasses) and FO at the end of the video (and perhaps the gleaming tooth guy) all look somewhat familiar to me - as if I have seen them on Delta flights.

In general, great video, good job Delta, DeltaFreak, DCI and everyone else involved in the video.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA

On the Delta Blog (see 2nd post of this thread) someone wrote:
Anybody recognize the pax wearing the headphones…? too funny..
DeltaFreak, can you enlighten us, because I don't recognize the guy.
Not DeltaFreak, but I can answer.

http://blog.delta.com/2007/09/page/2/

He's an occasional poster on here, too.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by The Lurker
Not DeltaFreak, but I can answer.

http://blog.delta.com/2007/09/page/2/

He's an occasional poster on here, too.
He's HOT!!!! Wonder if he's single and swings the other way?
Old Feb 24, 2008, 6:51 pm

The finger swing for no smoking looks naughty. I like it!
Old Feb 24, 2008, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA
(and perhaps the gleaming tooth guy)
If you go to Delta's YouTube channel they have videos for different cities that Delta serves and sparkle tooth guy is featured in the Salt Lake City video. He is cabin crew and is based in SLC.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Burj
If you go to Delta's YouTube channel they have videos for different cities that Delta serves and sparkle tooth guy is featured in the Salt Lake City video. He is cabin crew and is based in SLC.

Here's the YouTube Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqh_B9XxO60

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.