Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL's New Inflight Safety Video

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:47 am

Programs: SkyMiles
Safety Video Soundtrack

We've had a couple requests to post the soundtrack for downloading. We're just working out some tech issues but will post on the DL blog or iTunes as soon as possible.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:48 am

Programs: SkyMiles
Fame

Originally Posted by flygrl_dl
I'm in marketing - many apologies to those who expected to see me working on a flight near you. It's likely you may see me on the weekends out of ATL: trivia name flygrl. I'm getting pretty good at the easy rounds if I do say so myself.

chris - the video looks fantastic. GREAT job!!
I told you you'd all be famous (or infamous at the very least!). Thanks for the compliment...you all did a great job too!
Old Feb 26, 2008, 2:10 pm
J-M
Suspended

I'm in marketing - many apologies to those who expected to see me working on a flight near you. It's likely you may see me on the weekends out of ATL: trivia name flygrl. I'm getting pretty good at the easy rounds if I do say so myself.
Haha! Welcome to FT... nice to have another employee on here.

Maybe I'll have to start playing the trivia again on the weekends... hey, you're pretty good at this marketing thing
Old Feb 26, 2008, 2:48 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold

chris - the video looks fantastic. GREAT job!!
Welcome to FT, flygrl_dl!! ^ Don't be a stranger!
Old Feb 27, 2008, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Yes, I flew with the #1 last year...and not only does she commute from Colorado, she actually has to drive a few hours to DIA first. Also, she has a 'crash pad' in ATL - something very wrong with a 70+ year old having a 'crash pad'...

There are at least 3-4 ex-Pan Am FAs based out of NYC who live in the NCE area and they commute to JFK only to work the JFK-NCE flight back. In the winter it works out well for them since NCE is not daily and they get a nice long layover at home...There are also a few who commute to NYC from their homes in Hawaii....
I know an FA who commutes from South Africa!!! Although often works the JNB-DKR-ATL runs too in addition to domestic US flights.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 5:11 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I know an FA who commutes from South Africa!!! Although often works the JNB-DKR-ATL runs too in addition to domestic US flights.
Don't those trips begin in ATL? Does (s)he commute to ATL to begin the trip?
Old Feb 27, 2008, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
You know, I dont know that for sure. Ill have to ask! Youre right, that would certainly wreak havoc on the crew scheduling if people did that...
Old Feb 28, 2008, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by WesNSpace
Wlecome flygirl_dl!!! Nice to have you here with us. So when does your modeling career start?
thanks! ha, I'm focusing on becoming a mildly interesting delta blogger for now but will let you know if life takes me a new direction.

Originally Posted by DiscoPapa
Welcome to FT, flygrl_dl!! ^ Don't be a stranger!
thank you!

Originally Posted by J-M
Haha! Welcome to FT... nice to have another employee on here.

Maybe I'll have to start playing the trivia again on the weekends... hey, you're pretty good at this marketing thing
lol thanks!

speaking of, would anyone consider starting a thread about delta's newly launched mobile booking tool? I don't really get much pull in the community given that I've had three-posts-ever + was hoping a discussion might get more traction coming from one of you...
Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:29 am

Quick Catch Up post!

Hi flygrl_dl! Thanks for posting! So how was the experience? Did you end up sitting in a hot plane for two days like poor O2 dad?

If so your hair held up pretty well!

What about changing clothes? Or was that just poor DeltaCustomerInsights (Frank)?

DeltaCustomerInsights - Saw your Delta Blog post about what people do in-flight, very interesting.... One little thing, if you label the values next to each bar on a bar graph, there is no need to have an x-axis showing the length of 100% (I read A LOT of technical papers so representing data is an issue I deal with everyday)

DeltaFreak - Thanks for the update on the music, I'm looking forward to having is background music to drown out the noises in my office...

For anyone associated with this video I'm curious what the reaction from the F/A's has been... Did y'all get input from them? I ask because I just got back from a trip and mentioned the new Safety video to the F/A's on one of my flight and they didn't seem to know much, one did mention reading/hearing about a search for F/A's to be in a new video. There were all eager to see the video which I have on my phone (yeah I'm a geek!).

None of them seemed to have too strong of an opinion, but that could also have been them not wanting to talk about corporate related stuff with a random pax.

One F/A, did mention that it seemed REALLY long...when I tolder her it was about four and a half minutes she wondered if that would be enough time to play it before take off. She said that one thing about the current video is that it is SHORTER than the pervious video they use to have.

That made me wonder...of course at ATL you taxi FOREVER before taking off, but at other airports the taxi time is much less... Is there a requirement that the safety video be done playing BEFORE the plane takes off?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 8:19 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by Burj
That made me wonder...of course at ATL you taxi FOREVER before taking off, but at other airports the taxi time is much less... Is there a requirement that the safety video be done playing BEFORE the plane takes off?
While I have no idea what the regulations are on this, I would think it makes sense to tell people how to use a seatbelt and prepare for a crash before you take off. Depending on the airport location, water landing information could be quite useful as well. Don't most crashes happen shortly after take off?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 9:44 am
J-M
Suspended

Is there a requirement that the safety video be done playing BEFORE the plane takes off?
Yes. The FARs require that the PIC brief all pax on a list of items (all of them in the video) before takeoff. In the case of the airlines, that duty is delegated to the FAs.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 1:46 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

DeltaCustomerInsights - Saw your Delta Blog post about what people do in-flight, very interesting.... One little thing, if you label the values next to each bar on a bar graph, there is no need to have an x-axis showing the length of 100% (I read A LOT of technical papers so representing data is an issue I deal with everyday)
You are right... that is a bit redundant. But Tad, the analyst on my team who created it, says it creates a nice frame of reference. The people seeing it aren't reading many technical papers.

I can't believe you have the safety video on your phone!
Old Feb 29, 2008, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaCustomerInsights
You are right... that is a bit redundant. But Tad, the analyst on my team who created it, says it creates a nice frame of reference. The people seeing it aren't reading many technical papers.

I can't believe you have the safety video on your phone!

I'll send you a PM with some random data representation comments/suggestions which you can feel free to ignore...

You never did answer my post regarding the fact that you said that airbags are required on the new 777 in BE since it has the herringbone seat config...

Regarding the safety video on my phone? OH BELIEVE IT! Seriously why WOULDN'T you want that video at the ready to show people? One of the F/A's did ask me jokingly if I was some secret Delta Q/A type employee...
I *WISH* I had that job....

Alas I'm starting to fear that if the merger goes south that I will be effectively cut off from Delta as y'all no longer code share with NW on the ELM->DTW morning flights....

Last edited by Burj; Feb 29, 2008 at 2:58 pm
Old Feb 29, 2008, 3:19 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

[QUOTE=Burj;9337587]
You never did answer my post regarding the fact that you said that airbags are required on the new 777 in BE since it has the herringbone seat config...
[QUOTE]

See, now you have mistaken identity. I believe that was Delta Freak who posted that.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaCustomerInsights
See, now you have mistaken identity. I believe that was Delta Freak who posted that.
Well we all know that there is really just ONE Delta employee who is posting under different accounts pretending that all the people in the video are Delta employees...because no way all those young, attractive, well dressed, people work for one company!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.