Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2006, 8:59 pm

I just got a skychoice seat for nonstop from MSY to MCO during Thanksgiving 2006 rush. Pretty last minute so I was pleased. I could have found routing using skysaver but thought that it was worth the extra miles to go nonstop.

Helped a friend get the same route for 4 tickets using skysaver (not non-stop). We were both pleased with the availability.

J
Old Oct 13, 2006, 6:38 am

Programs: Delta
SkyChoice is always available. IMHO, I wouldn't be cheering about getting a SkyCoice ticket.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 7:30 am

Programs: All of the above
Just booked 2 skysaver FC BOS-PVR with 1 stop in ATL for the last week in Feb. My sister booked the same originating at IAD. We'll meet in ATL then the 4 of us will spend a week at Grand Velas ! Can't wait!
Old Oct 14, 2006, 9:51 am
Original Member

Just tried booking a skiing trip to SLC for Feb. 22 to 26th. I can get 2 saver tickets on AA, same on US. I can get 2 tickets half and half on NWA.

However, on Delta, into one of their hubs, no SkySaver tickets available, on any of the many flights, direct or connecting, from PHL.

Yes, my experience has been it is getting much more difficult to get FF tickets on Delta. (Thank goodness for partner availability to Europe, or I would have been gone long ago.)
Old Oct 14, 2006, 12:01 pm

Just booked Skysaver FC TPA-LAS 11/24, and LAS-JFK 11/26. I am meeting friends in Vegas Thanksgiving weekend. Skysaver coach is booked but FC was still available. I was surprised to get this so close to the Thanksgiving weekend. I would have preferred skysaver coach to save my miles, but for 20,000 miles more hopefully it will be worth it.

The routing:

11/24 TPA-ATL 6:00AM/752 New 2 class config seat 3A-first time
11/24 ATL-SLC 10:15am/764 Lunch seat 7E- I scored the good seat
11/24 SLC-LAS 12:15pm/M90 seat 2A-first time on this aircraft

11/26 LAS-JFK 10:15pm/757 2 Snack Old 2 class config seat 2A- I am happy to get this red-eye. The flight gets in at 7:50am. Hopefully it is on-time because I have to work at 9:00am.

The 11/24 flights are sort of a hopscotch to get to LAS from TPA, but I like to fly Delta and I am sure I will be drinking fair share of Mohitos. I don't meet up with my friends until later anyway.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 1:33 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by Djlawman
Just tried booking a skiing trip to SLC for Feb. 22 to 26th. I can get 2 saver tickets on AA, same on US. I can get 2 tickets half and half on NWA.

However, on Delta, into one of their hubs, no SkySaver tickets available, on any of the many flights, direct or connecting, from PHL.
For fear of getting this thread off topic of award successes, I'll agree that this is a significant problem for getting SkySaver seats during ski season (and during other times). While many SkySaver seats are available from SLC to other ski destinations (many served by SkyWest), getting to SLC has been a problem that I have witnessed this year and in the past.

As a result, my quest for ski trips have mostly focused on nonstop flights in at least one direction from ATL or CVG. I agree that getting a flight into SLC itself is harder to line up. Last winter, I lined up SkySavers to SLC only weeks before the trips. Earlier attempts found limited availability to SLC. For this winter, I've booked SkySavers nonstop from ATL for skiing at Whistler (via SEA), Jackson Hole, and Steamboat. When I was planning those, I also saw good availability for EGE and Bozeman. Aspen, Telluride, and Reno/Tahoe availability seemed difficult -- primarily because of the limited number of seats to connect in SLC.

Djlawman, if you haven't already, I would suggest calling and asking if the phone staff has access to additional availability that you can't see online.

Edited: I may have misunderstood the larger problem. It may that SkySavers are not available on any DL flight from PHL on these dates. If that's the case, I still suggest calling SMS.

Last edited by sc flier; Oct 14, 2006 at 1:43 pm
Old Oct 15, 2006, 12:03 pm

SQ F award

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Jul 30, 2007 at 2:30 pm
Old Oct 16, 2006, 5:11 pm
Was eufto

Programs: UA 1K, AS Gold, Marriott/SPG Plat, IC RA, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Hertz PC
My parents (general members):
2 SkySaver Coach tickets from CVG-SFO Sept 2-15

My brother (general member)
1 SkySaver First ticket from SFO-CVG Dec 23-29

Myself (Silver Medallion)
1 SkySaver First ticket from SFO-CVG Dec 23-29
Old Oct 24, 2006, 9:50 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
2 SkySaver Coach surrounding Labor Day week 2007:
CAE-ATL-BCN (arrive into Barcelona)
open jaw
MAD-ATL-CAE (return from Madrid)

Additional SkySaver seats are still available on multiple days around this time via ATL or JFK.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 9:43 pm

Thumbs up Skysaver to Amsterdam

I booked travel for 2 Coach SkySaver tickets on DL from PIH-AMS in Sep. 2006

This was giving them LOTS of time 330 days. They went to some trouble to get us to Amsterdam - even putting us on AirFrance with a night in WashingtonDC while we waited for connections.

In all cases I was able to book for the days of our choice.

First try was online with no luck. Calling did the trick.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 6:28 am

Got 2 SkySavers for September '07 on AF in Biz to FCO with a stop in CDG by calling the desk. Could not get the dates I wanted but I understood the need to be flexible.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 7:11 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Thumbs up 3 to DTW

Just booked 3 SkySaver tixs from Atlanta to DTW - THANKSGIVING WEEK !

Couldn't find what I needed online so I called SMS and they made it happen. Even got me a skysaver flight on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Then... the Amazing agent at SMS told me that she would save the rez so I can redeem online and save the booking fee + get my 1000 mile bonus.

^ ^ ^
Old Oct 26, 2006, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum, Hillton Gold, Marriot Silver, United 2P
I was able to get two SkySaver BE tickets DFW to PRG mid-August with a return out of CDG on Air France.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 4:47 pm

Two domestic F / J tickets: JNU-SVO and back to depart late April and return in early May.
JNU-SEA: AS
SEA-JFK: DL
JFK-SVO: SU
SVO-JFK: SU
JFK-SEA: DL
SEA-JNU: AS

---
[update] Changed this to depart last week of May, return second week of July - very wide open.

Last edited by herzmeh; Nov 2, 2006 at 10:45 am
Old Oct 30, 2006, 11:46 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, CO, HH, PP
Was able to get two Sky Saver TATL tickets for next May.

SLC - ATL
ATL - FRA

Open Jaw

AMS - ATL
ATL - SLC

^

Last edited by scassett; Oct 30, 2006 at 11:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.