Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:50 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
LAX -> YVR
Alaska Air booked in F
45k skymiles + $44 in tax
Is this a decent rate for over NYE?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:04 pm

Did this last May. Three seats all in business. We stayed three days in Seoul and ten days in Beijing.

MSP-LAX
LAX-ICN (stopover)
ICN-PEK
PEK-CAN
CAN-LAX
LAX-MSP

The Delta segments were the most difficult to book in F. LAX-ICN-PEK on KE, PEK-CAN-LAX on CZ. Low miles=120,000 miles each. I can't quite remember the taxes, but the CZ segments were high, however; I know that would be the case going into it.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:30 am

Programs: A3 *G, fmr DL PM
Icn-mnl in 3 weeks. KE in biz
Icn-hkg in nov. KE in biz

Both 45000 miles a piece. Ke intra Asia is easy unless it's a blackout period.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
60,000 points, Economy (see exception below), $47.xx USD in taxes.

LAX-ATL-FCO
MXP-ATL-LAX

It's a red-eye for LAX-ATL and a 8 hour layover before the ATL-FCO flight. Couldn't get on a same-day LAX-ATL for this points amount.

I spent an extra $40 for EconComfort on the ATL-FCO leg.

Pretty good, I think.

Last edited by Oakshadow; Sep 29, 2011 at 9:25 pm
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA
first time booking delta award tickets

Just booked 2 tickets for our baltic cruise next June w/ a stop-over in Rome

SNA-PDX (AS F)
PDX-AMS (DL BE)
AMS-CPH (KLM J)

CPH-AMS (KLM ) coach, could not get the J seat
AMS-FCO (KLM) stop over for 5 days
FCO-LAX (AZ J)

100K pp + 147 taxes & fees

happy to get these seats since there is no saver seats on one-world or *A for my preferred dates.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:37 am

Just booked my first award ticket!!!...well I actually put it on hold...not sure if it's a good deal but I'm happy...

Economy...all MU flights
NRT-PEK (stopover)
PEK-PVG (stopover)
PVG-NRT

25K + $202 taxes/fees

Got the exact dates and times I wanted...I did want PEK-SHA on the second segment but it wasn't available (even though plenty are showing on EF).
Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: A3 *G, fmr DL PM
Originally Posted by joyful1
Just booked my first award ticket!!!...well I actually put it on hold...not sure if it's a good deal but I'm happy...
It's a good deal minus the taxes. Still beats trying to do it via DL and backtracking to NRT + 80,000 SkyPiles
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:40 am

ok thank you...I wasn't sure by FT standards ...the route on DL was 25k + $47 in taxes but the times were too late/early for me on two segements...the DL rep said MU taxes are pretty high...each time he changed from a DL fight to a MU flight, the taxes went up
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by joyful1
ok thank you...I wasn't sure by FT standards ...the route on DL was 25k + $47 in taxes but the times were too late/early for me on two segements...the DL rep said MU taxes are pretty high...each time he changed from a DL fight to a MU flight, the taxes went up
That's because they're not taxes, they're fuel surcharges. I hate that they keep calling these things "taxes".
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by mtkeller
That's because they're not taxes, they're fuel surcharges. I hate that they keep calling these things "taxes".
I tend to think of them as "stupidity" taxes.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Solitaire PPS
LAX - HNL

Got 4 tickets for LAX-HNL in Nov (210K miles) - family vacation. Now that the SQ partnership isn't available, what else to use miles on?!
Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:53 am
mmo

Just booked our trip to Maui- April 15-23!!
LAX-MAUI 40k MILES PER PERSON
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH
Interesting award change experience that might help someone:

Originally selected 2 tickets MEM-AMS-TLS and returning CDG-ATL-MEM, all in Y for 75k each. Not low, but pretty happy. Since then, I have been trying to find an open low award in J for at least the overnight MEM-AMS. Finally I found a MEM-ORD-AMS with the ORD-AMS in J. BUT when I tried to call and see if they could switch just the MEM-AMS portion of the trip and keep the AMS-TLS, they said the ticket segments were 'married' and could not change. I thought it was a technical I could not change, but having random success with the agents in the past, I called back later... and again the same day. Finally, I was put over to manual reissue where the very helpful lady took quite a while, but called KLM and had it forced through the system. So now MEM-ORD-AMS (13 hr layover)-TLS in J and back in Y.

Next time I'll go straight to manual reissue for tricky changes.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA 1MM/Lifetime Gold; DL PM, HiltonHonors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Good Availability Flights to Hawaii in late Nov/December

This week I booked two saver award tickets in coach (although first class was also available) from PHX via LAX to LIH (Kauai), departing on 11/30. The return trip is from HNL to PHX via LAX, departing on 12/7. Only one daily flt from LAX to LIH, with plenty of seats unsold. Good availability from HNL to LAX on both the daily AM flight as well as the evening flights.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 5:53 am

Programs: EBD
07 Dec 2011, Stockholm-Arlanda, Sweden(ARN) to Paris-De Gaulle, France(CDG)
07 Dec 2011, Paris-De Gaulle, France(CDG) to Seoul, Korea(ICN)
08 Dec 2011, Seoul, Korea(ICN) to NAN(NAN)
09 Jan 2012, NAN(NAN) to Seoul, Korea(ICN)
10 Jan 2012, Seoul, Korea(ICN) to Paris-De Gaulle, France(CDG)
10 Jan 2012, Paris-De Gaulle, France(CDG) to Stockholm-Arlanda, Sweden(ARN)

AF/KE metal in O/D 150k miles. Not the exact dates we wanted due to the blackout period Dec9-Jan8, but pretty good value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.