Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by xanthuos
Just booked a 25k award to Canada.
EWR-MSP-YXE on 7/14
YXE-MSP-EWR on 7/20

Revenue cost of ticket = $691
I booked a last-minute 25k award to BOI on Thursday of last week for Friday of last week - $885 if purchased as a revenue fare. Still have not redeemed for anything other than a low award.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: AA ExecP
Originally Posted by Trooper508
A little late posting, but on Monday of this week, I booked THREE business class tickets to AMS & MUC for late July - early August. GSO-ATL-DFW-AMS, AMS-MUC a few days later, then MUC-AMS-DTW-ATL-GSO. KL for DFW-AMS and the AMS-MUC-AMS segments. Y on the GSO-ATL flight, but up front for all others. 100k each. I know, a lot of flying, but I wouldn't have found this site if I didn't like to fly.

BTW, if you can get to IAH or DFW, there's a decent number of business class seats to/from AMS. IAD had some to/from CDG, too, but the dates were off for me.
On this point, there is also TONS from ORD-AMS.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:14 pm

This is the way to maximize value with the allowed (one) stopover and open jaw...

You selected these flights:

Departs Arrives Stops Travel Time Flights & Cabin
Price per passenger (USD):
View fare rules and baggage policies
View Award Travel Rules & Conditions
Type

Base Fare
120,000 Miles required
Taxes/Fees
+ $ 227.30 Taxes/Fees
Redemption Fee
Price per passenger
= $ 227.30 *
Total

Detroit-Wayne County, MI (DTW) to Chicago-Ohare, IL (ORD) on 08 Jan 2011
8:45am
DTW 9:03am
ORD Nonstop 1 hr 18 min Delta 1767
DC-9-50
In-Flight Services First
View Seats
Chicago-Ohare, IL (ORD) to Paris-De Gaulle, France (CDG) on 08 Jan 2011
5:20pm
ORD 8:35am
CDG

Arrives 09 Jan Nonstop 8 hr 15 min Air France 667
Airbus A340
In-Flight Services Business

Paris-De Gaulle, France (CDG) to Mauritius, Mauritius (MRU) on 13 Jan 2011
8:20pm
CDG 11:00am
MRU

Arrives 14 Jan Nonstop 11 hr 40 min Air France 982
Airbus A340
Operated by Air Mauritius

Mahe Island, Seychelles Islands (SEZ) to Paris-De Gaulle, France (CDG) on 22 Jan 2011
9:15am
SEZ 5:30pm
CDG Nonstop 11 hr 15 min Air France 953
Boeing 767-300
Operated by Air Seychelles

Paris-De Gaulle, France (CDG) to Minneapolis/St Paul, MN (MSP) on 23 Jan 2011
10:50am
CDG 1:45pm
MSP Nonstop 9 hr 55 min Delta 219
Boeing 767-300ER
View Seats
Minneapolis/St Paul, MN (MSP) to Detroit-Wayne County, MI (DTW) on 23 Jan 2011
3:30pm
MSP 6:14pm
DTW Nonstop 1 hr 44 min Delta 2440
In-Flight Services First
View
Old Jul 3, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Online Award Booking Success

I'm truly amazed!

Today, I actually booked two award tickets at the 60,000 mile level for next May...

JFK-BRU
BRU-MUC
MUC-LGA

Did it totally online (yeah, it took about an hour of playing around) and I'm guessing it succeeded because of the date being far in advance. Still to pay the minimum level for three segments isn't bad.

The only downside was the $102 fee charge
Old Jul 3, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Perhaps you missed this GIANT thread;

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...post-here.html

Congrats nonetheless..
Old Jul 4, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
My First Post: Last weekend, I booked 3 ATL-SAN-OGG low award (40,000 miles each) round trip flights for my nephews in March 2011. The SAN-OGG legs are on Alaska Airlines. For many weeks, I had tried to find a 6 or 7 day duration trip. I saw that Alaska Airlines was starting a new flight to OGG from SAN later in 2010. I used the multi-city search to find the flights after I determined the low fare ATL-SAN flights. One night is spent in SAN to take the early Alaska Airlines flight to OGG with arrival early afternoon.

I had troubles with delta.com. I had put the itinerary on hold and when I tried to redeem it on Sunday afternoon, the Alaska Airline segments to and from OGG had disappeared. Then all of my miles disappeared. I was on the phone to Delta for over six hours on Sunday trying to fix the itinerary. After lost connections and several agents, one agent put the original itinerary back with one day to redeem. I was so tired that I decided to wait until Monday morning to redeem. On Monday, delta.com gave me a Message #7000, and could not complete the transaction. I was on the phone for another two hours.

My last award trip was Feb 2006 ATL-OGG when Delta had nonstop flights to OGG from ATL. I booked it in October 2005 quickly as compared to what is required today. Most of my miles were accumulated in the 70's and 80's with some in the 90's. Many of my original miles were accumulated by sending the segments in the mail to Delta.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Congrats on getting the awards, even though it sounds like it wasn't the easiest redemptions.

Welcome to Flyertalk!

I don't think you accumulate DL FF miles until the early 80's, though.

Originally Posted by IntoTheWind

I had troubles with delta.com. I had put the itinerary on hold and when I tried to redeem it on Sunday afternoon, the Alaska Airline segments to and from OGG had disappeared. Then all of my miles disappeared. I was on the phone to Delta for over six hours on Sunday trying to fix the itinerary. After lost connections and several agents, one agent put the original itinerary back with one day to redeem. I was so tired that I decided to wait until Monday morning to redeem. On Monday, delta.com gave me a Message #7000, and could not complete the transaction. I was on the phone for another two hours.

My last award trip was Feb 2006 ATL-OGG when Delta had nonstop flights to OGG from ATL. I booked it in October 2005 quickly as compared to what is required today. Most of my miles were accumulated in the 70's and 80's with some in the 90's. Many of my original miles were accumulated by sending the segments in the mail to Delta.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
This is the way to maximize value with the allowed (one) stopover and open jaw...

Paris-De Gaulle, France (CDG) to Mauritius, Mauritius (MRU) on 13 Jan 2011
8:20pm
CDG 11:00am
MRU

Arrives 14 Jan Nonstop 11 hr 40 min Air France 982
Airbus A340
Operated by Air Mauritius

Mahe Island, Seychelles Islands (SEZ) to Paris-De Gaulle, France (CDG) on 22 Jan 2011
9:15am
SEZ 5:30pm
CDG Nonstop 11 hr 15 min Air France 953
Boeing 767-300
Operated by Air Seychelles
So just out of curiosity, have you actually traveled on DL award tickets on these carriers? I was not aware that we could use OAL codeshare partners for award tickets...
Old Jul 6, 2010, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by jjglaze77
So just out of curiosity, have you actually traveled on DL award tickets on these carriers? I was not aware that we could use OAL codeshare partners for award tickets...
I don't see how DL would deny this award when their own search engine provides an award for the itinerary?

Also, please see below link...

http://pointsmilesandmartinis.blogsp...s-airline.html
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
I don't see how DL would deny this award when their own search engine provides an award for the itinerary?

Also, please see below link...

http://pointsmilesandmartinis.blogsp...s-airline.html
Very cool... I've just had issues when trying to book one of these over the phone. I've seen several reports here about successful bookings (Your trip, a JL operated flight with AZ code, etc). Also, my Dad was able to book an American Eagle codeshare flight recently. I believe everything has been booked on delta.com (at least the instances I am thinking of), so I'm just curious if this is a bug that has not been discovered yet and may soon be "enhanced." I know when I have booked RTWs, the agents have specifically stated that a codeshare flight had availability, but then realized it was a codeshare and said no go.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:17 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Just booked yesterday:

PIT/ATL overnight by choice
ATL/CDG on AF 747 - 2 nights in Paris
CDG/TXL my destination
TXL/JFK/ATL overnight by choice
ATL/MEM/PIT non-stop wasn't available at low level except early morning which I didn't want
Scratch the last line - - The evening non-stop just opened up!! Yay! A quick 'n painless call took care of it and now my itinerary is PERFECT - all at LOW LEVEL!!

Leaving this Saturday - - YES!! All of this booked 5 days in advance for 60K miles in Y!! for JULY TRAVEL!!

The other interesting tidbit, is that the taxes were $84, I think. I had another ticket booked way back on NWA.com for similar dates that I had to change. The taxes were $140!! So I actually should get some $$$ back!! Only 1 possible glitch - - if anyone has any personal knowledge of this. . . The NWA.com ticket taxes were paid with the old US Bank Visa card. They said that the only way to credit a canceled ticket was to credit it back to the original card it was charged to - which of course I don't have anymore. I do have the replacement FlexPoints card with a new acct number. I'm hoping the money finds it's way over there. They told me that if the acct is closed, the bank would cut me a check. Yikes!!! Whadda you think?

Last edited by davetravels; Jul 7, 2010 at 7:09 am Reason: Successful flight change today!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It's a simple DTW-LSE-DTW for 25K miles + $5 as an alternative to a $603 ticket. I am happy for the end of close-in ticket surcharges.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL PLAT MM SC Lifetime
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
It's a simple DTW-LSE-DTW for 25K miles + $5 as an alternative to a $603 ticket. I am happy for the end of close-in ticket surcharges.
3Cforme - enjoy LSE. It's my home port.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:27 pm

Low inventory opened up on the return of a DCA-LIH ticket I booked last month, so I re-deposited it and got back 12,500 miles. Ended up getting a low ticket to Kauai, which is quite an accomplishment. I really like these unlimited award changes/redeposits that we have gotten back. I have ended up making 6-7 changes to various awards in the last month.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:44 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by humanoid94
I really like these unlimited award changes/redeposits that we have gotten back

Oh, you mean the SM program "enhancement?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.