Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Well all is official. I start Monday in my new job and my new home airport will be CHA and not DAY/CVG . In fact currently in CHA with the wife and we signed a lease for our new apartment. Missed standby on 2 flights and could not SDC as we only had K fares. So I either need SDS or YBM fares- looks like even an M fare may not cut it for SDC.
Congrats!
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
congrats on the job ... reserving judgement on CHA
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
looks like even an M fare may not cut it for SDC.
One more example of how Delta has your back.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 6:21 am

Morning, everyone!

I'm driving halfway across the state to meet a friend for lunch. She lives in Texas, but she's visiting her family near PIT for a few weeks, so we're meeting for lunch. I haven't seen her in a few years, so I'm very excited!
Old Jul 28, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Quick questions as I haven't travelled DL in a while: do exit row seats boarding in Zone 1? And do Preferred seats also board in Zone 1? I have a DEN journey coming up and finally go around to checking my main cabin seats and thought it might try either seat to move up from Zone 2. Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 1:52 pm
amm

Hi all -- Not a regular Delta flyer but hoping to help a friend. She has some family with medical conditions who will be flying from MSP-ALB. They've purchased economy tickets but we'd like to upgrade them to first (the travel is for medical reasons). Since they've already purchased the tickets, know we have to call but wondering if anyone has a sense for how many miles this would take or any tips on how to best proceed. Thank you!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!
Well all is official. I start Monday in my new job and my new home airport will be CHA and not DAY/CVG . In fact currently in CHA with the wife and we signed a lease for our new apartment. Missed standby on 2 flights and could not SDC as we only had K fares. So I either need SDS or YBM fares- looks like even an M fare may not cut it for SDC.
Congrats! It's a pretty short drive to Manchester from there so that should save you a lot of time.

I think I flew into CHA once. Maybe. I know I've been to Manchester, TN a few times and it seems like once I drove there from CHA instead of BNA.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
I've had at least one conversation where I knew the airport code but was getting a mental block on the name of the city that I was trying to refer to
Originally Posted by jrl767
speaking of "geek alert"
Over the weekend I went to the movies with some friends (for me, the first time in an actual cinema in quite a while). While I was standing in the concessions line they went off in search of the restrooms but quickly came back apparently not having found any.

I started to say "I'm sure there'll be some after security..." but luckily my brain intercepted the remark in time for me to say "... after the ticket taker"
miraclebear2003 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Over the weekend I went to the movies with some friends (for me, the first time in an actual cinema in quite a while). While I was standing in the concessions line they went off in search of the restrooms but quickly came back apparently not having found any.

I started to say "I'm sure there'll be some after security..." but luckily my brain intercepted the remark in time for me to say "... after the ticket taker"
LOL, I sometimes forget that not everyone keeps up on airport codes and use airport codes, then have to explain.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Congrats on the new job!

Originally Posted by kipper
Morning, everyone!

I'm driving halfway across the state to meet a friend for lunch. She lives in Texas, but she's visiting her family near PIT for a few weeks, so we're meeting for lunch. I haven't seen her in a few years, so I'm very excited!
At least driving halfway across PA is better than if you were doing the same in TX. My exit number on I-10 is in the 560s, and we're still more than 300 miles from the eastern border (I know they're state lines elsewhere but TX thinks it's still its own Republic) with Louisiana. We actually have a wedding to attend in El Paso next month and we'll be flying.

Originally Posted by tcook052
Quick questions as I haven't travelled DL in a while: do exit row seats boarding in Zone 1? And do Preferred seats also board in Zone 1? I have a DEN journey coming up and finally go around to checking my main cabin seats and thought it might try either seat to move up from Zone 2. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure exit rows board in Zone 1, but I'm not sure about other Preferred seats. If you buy up to Comfort Plus, you get Sky Priority boarding. However, you don't get the rest of the Sky Priority benefits like premium check-in and security lines.

Originally Posted by amm
Hi all -- Not a regular Delta flyer but hoping to help a friend. She has some family with medical conditions who will be flying from MSP-ALB. They've purchased economy tickets but we'd like to upgrade them to first (the travel is for medical reasons). Since they've already purchased the tickets, know we have to call but wondering if anyone has a sense for how many miles this would take or any tips on how to best proceed. Thank you!
The mileage upgrades are usually ridiculously expensive. Check the reservation on both the app and the website to see if there's a banner offering a buy-up price. They may even let you pay this fee in miles at 1cpm rate, but that's technically different from a mileage upgrade. If not, you can try opening the seat map and clicking on an F seat which will sometimes bring up a price.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mattp1987
At least driving halfway across PA is better than if you were doing the same in TX. My exit number on I-10 is in the 560s, and we're still more than 300 miles from the eastern border (I know they're state lines elsewhere but TX thinks it's still its own Republic) with Louisiana. We actually have a wedding to attend in El Paso next month and we'll be flying.
I used to drive from north Georgia to Houston every summer. I swear there was a sign on I-10 somewhere around Beaumont that indicated 850 (or so) miles to El Paso.

​​​​​​Directly across the highway on the eastbound side was a sign for Daytona Beach. Exact same mileage.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:37 am

朝午後夜!
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
It was only about a 90 minute drive, because it is halfway across the state from where I am, which is not at the eastern border.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:06 am

Good morning, everyone!
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by kipper
Good morning, everyone!
Not everyone. It's only 10:12 here, so it's not good yet.
gooselee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.