Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2017, 10:10 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Canarsie
What amazing timing — the paperwork for discontinuing your membership on FlyerTalk came across my moderator desk last week because you were in violation of Rule 27 of the official rules of FlyerTalk.
Made me look!!!

That said, I'm gonna appeal this decision to the 9th circuit court in San Francisco.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
What amazing timing — the paperwork for discontinuing your membership on FlyerTalk came across my moderator desk last week because you were in violation of Rule 27 of the official rules of FlyerTalk.
Rules? We have rules?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:05 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
unfortunately, 45 degrees of longitude makes a big difference in social climate ... I need to be home in Seattle the first weekend of March, so sending my regrets for the Heavy Seas meetup with you and Zorak and others in Baltimore
Booooo...

I am surprised to see you mention this, since the 28th Rule of FlyerTalk is: do not talk about the 27th Rule of FlyerTalk.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by davetravels

That said, I'm gonna appeal this decision to the 9th circuit court in San Francisco.
When you make your oral arguments be certain to stand on the left side of the judges. They can't hear anything coming from their right.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The "City in the Sky" thread popped up again in TravelBuzz -- I watched it last summer and found it quite interesting and recommend it! Airing on PBS and watchable online as well.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post27897752
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:05 am

"Rules"? We don't need no stinkin' rules! 😏
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:06 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
a degree and a half of latitude makes a big difference in thermal climate

unfortunately, 45 degrees of longitude makes a big difference in social climate ... I need to be home in Seattle the first weekend of March, so sending my regrets for the Heavy Seas meetup with you and Zorak and others in Baltimore

however I am ** tentatively ** planning a DC<-->ITH road trip the last weekend of April (northbound on Thurs evening, return Sat afternoon)
Boo!
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by kipper
Boo!
I totally deserve that for Baltimore, but hope you're not tarring my ITH plan (fuzzy as it may be today) with the same brush ...
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
a degree and a half of latitude makes a big difference in thermal climate

however I am ** tentatively ** planning a DC<-->ITH road trip the last weekend of April (northbound on Thurs evening, return Sat afternoon)
I may be in ITH then - or possibly close - as in T'burg
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jackplum
I may be in ITH then - or possibly close - as in T'burg
Rongovian Embassy?

Last edited by jrl767; Feb 12, 2017 at 12:29 pm
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:20 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I totally deserve that for Baltimore, but hope you're not tarring my ITH plan (fuzzy as it may be today) with the same brush ...
If it involves a stop up this way, then no.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I just wanted to let the lounge know, I gave my liver a 5 month rest and have now ended my self imposed no alcohol regime. The first Woodford for 5 months tasted like heaven as did my Hopstorm IPA. ^
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I just wanted to let the lounge know, I gave my liver a 5 month rest and have now ended my self imposed no alcohol regime. The first Woodford for 5 months tasted like heaven as did my Hopstorm IPA. ^
^ welcome back!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Currently on DL40 where it was almost as cold as the inside of a working refrigerator until I asked the FA if she could "throw another log on the fire". She stepped away and then quickly returned with the question, "Did you want another bottle of water?" After I explained what I meant everything was fine. I did get a kick out of the exchange.

In her defense, she had just served coffee and I'm flying home from a week long gig spent in a tv production truck. Gotta get back to reality.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
^ welcome back!
^ sitting at the o'hare skyclub now, waiting for a united express flight on the F concourse. paid $29 for the visit on the delta amex discount. they've really got this figured out. it's easy for me to drink back my $29 if i think in airport retail prices. if i managed to drink $29 worth at the wholesale prices they're paying for this stuff, i'd be rebooked on the next ambulance out of here....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.