Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
I got nailed in Omni last night, I'm laying low now.
Never wade into swamps. They have alligators.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Last night, (in a now understandably deleted post) I made a conspiracy theory that someone in DL IT deliberately brought down the ACARS system to smuggle immigrants through.

Hell, they said they'd take every effort to accomodate those passengers.

Now, it's starting to look like an even bigger possibility

That'll be all
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Last night, (in a now understandably deleted post) I made a conspiracy theory that someone in DL IT deliberately brought down the ACARS system to smuggle immigrants through.
You bad person
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
You bad person
Hey! Who knows?!

It'll be really interesting to see what the root cause is of this 2nd outage. These last 2 years have sure been weird. We've seen more airlines than ever have tech issues and welcomed an orange man in the whitehouse, but that's for another thread.

In the last three, we've also seen DL kick its US competitors butts though and actual investments where they matter.

Anyhow, back on subject here, I wonder, I really do. Some week we're having.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
OK, Matt, you're up
I decided to check prices just to see what they were, especially since I traded and don't have to work 4 March anymore. I learned that DL is now selling E fares on SAT-BWI.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
Psyduck1, are you coming in from one of the airports in your profile, or somewhere else? I was noticing they don't run the BWI/RDU nonstops on Saturday...
I'll be coming from MKE connecting through DTW.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
I have 4 digital drink vouchers expiring in a few days... is there somewhere I can give them away? Sticky thread?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
I have 4 digital drink vouchers expiring in a few days... is there somewhere I can give them away? Sticky thread?
Coupon Connection.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Hope no one was flying to LEX this evening. Their runway lighting system went down, so every inbound flight after 5PM was cancelled or diverted to CVG/SDF. Assume they're bussing passengers.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by WWads
Hope no one was flying to LEX this evening. Their runway lighting system went down, so every inbound flight after 5PM was cancelled or diverted to CVG/SDF. Assume they're bussing passengers.
Yuck.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:26 am

I just watched Punxsutawney Phil make his prognostication for another six weeks of winter.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by kipper
I just watched Punxsutawney Phil make his prognostication for another six weeks of winter.
TMI.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Howste
TMI.
I'm living in the CLE, it's winter until May.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I'm just ready for a change. I haven't seen my yard for a looooooong time.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
at 1745PST yesterday I was at a happy hour with some AF co-workers in El Segundo, enjoying a flight of three IPAs -- Pizza Port "Kook" (double), Ballast Point "Manta Ray" (double), and El Segundo Steve Austin's "Broken Skull" -- when my phone buzzed with the notification that my 2045 LAX-SEA flight was delayed until 2125

I checked AS, found flights at 1920 and 1945 for $121, finished my beers, said adios, and drove to the rental car return lot ... the AS app won't allow booking on flights leaving within 60 min, so I booked the 1945 flight and promptly SDCd to the 1920 (which actually worked out better, since I couldn't select a seat from the booking page but was auto-assigned 7A at SDC check-in)

as it turned out, the DL jet actually left at 2304 ... apparently the morning fog and low ceilings at LAX resulted in cascading delays throughout the day

the issue, though, is that I'd used an e-credit to purchase the DL ticket and the app wouldn't let me cancel ... called the PM line; agent initially wanted to refund to my credit card but then said she would drop the credit back into my wallet ... we shall see ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.