Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I am not impressed with the plastic glasses for drinks in the C MSP Skyclub
Old Jul 17, 2016, 3:40 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I am not impressed with the plastic glasses for drinks in the C MSP Skyclub
I "hate" plastic. Dishwasher broken, or an "enhancement?"
Old Jul 17, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I "hate" plastic. Dishwasher broken, or an "enhancement?"
I've seen plastic during periods of high volume. Better than nothing I suppose.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by WWads
I've seen plastic during periods of high volume. Better than nothing I suppose.
OK no worries long term then.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
We used to live in Dalton GA right at the southern end of the Appalachian Trail
That would've been nice.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:04 pm

Anyone ever have to use of the the golf cart things to get from gate to gate in Atlanta? Can they be requested in advance?

My mom is coming to visit me soon and will be transiting through ATL. She's healthy as can be and in good shape, but she fractured her knee recently (because clumsiness runs in the family) and I worry about her walking those distances with a suitcase. I think she would not be in any way in okay with or in need of a wheelchair, but a golf cart ride would be great.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by MissJ
Anyone ever have to use of the the golf cart things to get from gate to gate in Atlanta? Can they be requested in advance?

My mom is coming to visit me soon and will be transiting through ATL. She's healthy as can be and in good shape, but she fractured her knee recently (because clumsiness runs in the family) and I worry about her walking those distances with a suitcase. I think she would not be in any way in okay with or in need of a wheelchair, but a golf cart ride would be great.
I've never used them, but I would call Delta and inquire about them. I know wheelchairs can be reserved in advance.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:52 pm

Yeah, I'll give them a call. Just figured I would ask here while sitting on hold with my company bank for 45 minutes this morning. Sheesh. Glad I'm not a customer of this bank which will not be named.

Last edited by MissJ; Jul 18, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by MissJ
Yeah, I'll give them a call. Just figured I would ask here while sitting on hold with my company bank for 45 minutes this morning. Sheesh.
Sorry I can't help.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:39 pm

I finally got off the phone with the bank. Glad I got paid for all of that

I'll call Delta later when my poor ear recovers.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I haven't posted much lately. Too much work and the move from MSY to NY/NJ for the summer along with travel plans

One can't plan for everything. We're finishing off a great vacation (Norway and Belgium) on Thursday (BRU-JFK). We're starting to think about Spain in December.

What I hadn't known when planning the trip is that Thursday is Belgium's Independence Day and I can only wonder what extra security and delays there'll be at BRU. Fortunately, I think, we're spending the night before at the BRU Sheraton so we only have to walk across the street and don't have to deal with perimeter access, I'm figuring that an extra hour will give my wife more time in the Duty Free shop. I've also heard that chocolate is less expensive at the airport - I'm wondering if Delta limits you to 5 kilos as they do with ammunition. We'll probably bring about 10 kilos back as gifts plus some for ourselves.

We have a good friend who's Norwegian and both of her daughters just got engaged. Both girls have spent their summer vacations with family in Norway and love the country. We stumbled across a silver manufacturing company in Bergen and bought wedding presents for both girls. It'll be nice giving them something that will keep their emotional ties to Norway.

Another cool thing - my wife's boxing coach is fighting a championship match in upstate NY in August so we're going to drive up for the match. Life is just so full of fun.

I also got a couple of new guitars and I'm working with a really good luthier starting to plan a custom build that he'll do.

I finished my DM requalification for 2017 with 142K MQM (67K flown) and $3560 MQD. I'll finish the tyear with ~ 200K MQM. The MQD doesn't take into account the $1000 + in VDB's so I'm doing OK at 90%+ UG's. Also have 8 NRSA RT's with 50% UG.

I passed the 500K MM mark and would have made it next year if I'd credited miles to NW instead of CO from 2007 to 2011. I won't know what to get as a gift when I make MM. I'm still using my c.1985 Tumi Luggage.

That finishes off the catchup on my absence from FT. I do miss not having been able to keep up for the last few months.

Anyway, I don't think we'll have any problems at BRU on Thursday.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Okay, time to tackle this Kipper style..
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I haven't posted much lately. Too much work and the move from MSY to NY/NJ for the summer along with travel plans

One can't plan for everything. We're finishing off a great vacation (Norway and Belgium) on Thursday (BRU-JFK). We're starting to think about Spain in December.
Welcome back. Oh cool. Meanwhile there's me just taking one day trips and flying back the following morning.

I've also heard that chocolate is less expensive at the airport - I'm wondering if Delta limits you to 5 kilos as they do with ammunition. We'll probably bring about 10 kilos back as gifts plus some for ourselves.
Hmm.. Interesting thought. Maybe someone can elaborate on that. Would be a bummer if that were the case.
We have a good friend who's Norwegian and both of her daughters just got engaged. Both girls have spent their summer vacations with family in Norway and love the country. We stumbled across a silver manufacturing company in Bergen and bought wedding presents for both girls. It'll be nice giving them something that will keep their emotional ties to Norway.
Okay, seems like they've been having a fun time.
Another cool thing - my wife's boxing coach is fighting a championship match in upstate NY in August so we're going to drive up for the match. Life is just so full of fun.
Wow! One thing's for sure however, if I were in that ring one punch and I'd shatter like glass.
I also got a couple of new guitars and I'm working with a really good luthier starting to plan a custom build that he'll do.
Ah. I've always been sucked at playing with guitars. Plan on practicing any songs w/ it in-particular when you get it back?
I finished my DM requalification for 2017 with 142K MQM (67K flown) and $3560 MQD. I'll finish the tyear with ~ 200K MQM. The MQD doesn't take into account the $1000 + in VDB's so I'm doing OK at 90%+ UG's. Also have 8 NRSA RT's with 50% UG.

I passed the 500K MM mark and would have made it next year if I'd credited miles to NW instead of CO from 2007 to 2011. I won't know what to get as a gift when I make MM. I'm still using my c.1985 Tumi Luggage.
..And still not Delta 360 yet, come on get on that!
..Anyway, I don't think we'll have any problems at BRU on Thursday.
I'm sure you'll be fine.

On another note..

Have we ever organized a DL forum wide meeting/retreat somewhere yet? We could all plan it in advance. Perhaps just bunk out in some nice Four Seasons or something . Or just all collectively meet up in ATL sometime? (we'd just need to find a way to act normal w/ a mini army of guests marching into the SC ..me included )
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:11 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
That finishes off the catchup on my absence from FT. I do miss not having been able to keep up for the last few months.

Anyway, I don't think we'll have any problems at BRU on Thursday.
Good to hear from you again, safe travels!

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Have we ever organized a DL forum wide meeting/retreat somewhere yet? We could all plan it in advance. Perhaps just bunk out in some nice Four Seasons or something . Or just all collectively meet up in ATL sometime? (we'd just need to find a way to act normal w/ a mini army of guests marching into the SC ..me included )
I've seen references to past ATL DOs but I've only been around here for about a year. I'm always up for meeting other FTers, even the ones I think are wrong about everything

Have recently been thinking it'd be nice to start up a SFO/SJC/OAK happy hour thread similar to the DC one. Open to all of course, per FT rules, but it seems like there are a lot of us who steadfastly resist being hub captive. Will probably post something shortly before I head back from this east coast trip.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Zorak
Good to hear from you again, safe travels!

I've seen references to past ATL DOs but I've only been around here for about a year. I'm always up for meeting other FTers, even the ones I think are wrong about everything

Have recently been thinking it'd be nice to start up a SFO/SJC/OAK happy hour thread similar to the DC one. Open to all of course, per FT rules, but it seems like there are a lot of us who steadfastly resist being hub captive.
I'll be honest, it's hell on earth trying to get to ATL for me. Especially from another hub, e.g. my airport; would be easier to get to JFK. Yeah... So, I don't blame them. Caught a $179/night rate at the Four Seasons in Orlando later this August. So, I'd apt for stopping by the MCO SC. (Oh... Wait, that's a hub too.. Hmm..) Provided, you all didn't flood the upgrade list -the one and only flaw to these things. So, in the event there's a slew of FTrs on my plane, someone's gotta take it for the team and trek back to 34B& it better not be me .
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
We're finishing off a great vacation (Norway and Belgium) on Thursday (BRU-JFK).
Snakker De norsk?

Jeg bodde tre år in Norge.

my wife's boxing coach
?

sounds ominous!

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jul 18, 2016 at 5:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.