Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by kipper

I'm not dangerous.

We should have a shooting 'Do!

Yes, you did.

I'm so exhausted today!
Agreed!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Agreed!
Let's start planning it.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM

Wait, she's 72?! That's insane. I have to constantly hear complaints about going down the stairs when I'm around other family that age, it's hard enough to get them to fly the short 45min from HIB to MSP -even with a cart to pick them up when they get here. I have no words.

Ah. Out of curiosity, how's the lines for gas in Manhattan?
Funny, stairs are the easy part. We have 24 steps from the first to the second floor in our MSY home (high ceilings) and we each do 15-20 every day. We used to keep a manual log but now there are Fitbits to count for you. Her training stair exercise is an 18 step staircase and she's expected to do 10 reps in 3 minutes as a small part of a 1 hour routine.

We've averaged walking over 5 miles a day sightseeing on this trip and Norway isn't flat.

We may be crazy but we're not stupid - we don't buy gas in Manhattan or elsewhere in NY State. While I was born and raised in lower Manhattan our present homes are in NJ, a few miles over the GW Bridge and a summer beach home on Fire Island, NY.

She's also a NRSA and a PM.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Let's start planning it.
The last week of August will probably work for us. PA would also work.

I'll bring a couple of 9mm Competition guns and ammo (only 15 rd mags since we'll be travelling in NJ) a SIG 1911 (not set up for competition yet) and her .38 Airweight, 9mm Ruger and S&W .22 as well as a supply of ammo for those who may not have guns or ammo but want to join in. I'll have to check with her before I commit to a date.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I'll see if I can bring this big gun from Edinburgh
Attached Images  
Old Jul 19, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by jrl767
I'll see if I can bring this big gun from Edinburgh
Oh, wait. Is that a great wall I see?

Sorry I had to.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Zorak
I've seen references to past ATL DOs but I've only been around here for about a year. I'm always up for meeting other FTers, even the ones I think are wrong about everything

Have recently been thinking it'd be nice to start up a SFO/SJC/OAK happy hour thread similar to the DC one. Open to all of course, per FT rules, but it seems like there are a lot of us who steadfastly resist being hub captive. Will probably post something shortly before I head back from this east coast trip.
The past ATL DOs were indeed awesome, thanks in large part to Canarsie and his fellow conspirators. They were also a ton of work, and unfortunately the "open to all" rule means one bad apple can ruin it for everyone else.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by bennos
The past ATL DOs were indeed awesome, thanks in large part to Canarsie and his fellow conspirators. They were also a ton of work, and unfortunately the "open to all" rule means one bad apple can ruin it for everyone else.
Perhaps limit it to 90 posts and days tenure?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC

Belgium (Brugge) has been great experience and we go to Brussels tomorrow and fly to NY on Thursday.
I was in Brugge (Bruges) last year and loved it. I hope you had a chance to climb the Belfort. I found it interesting when the spiral staircase changed direction!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Perhaps limit it to 90 posts and days tenure?
I think the very nature of the event requires it to be open.

The last ATLDO was a wonderful event. I missed the second one and the first wasn't really a DO per se. However, it did have a chocolate fountain (as mentioned in many posts by Lehava) so that counts for something.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium

I'll bring a couple of 9mm Competition guns and ammo (only 15 rd mags since we'll be travelling in NJ) a SIG 1911 (not set up for competition yet) and her .38 Airweight, 9mm Ruger and S&W .22 as well as a supply of ammo for those who may not have guns or ammo but want to join in. I'll have to check with her before I commit to a date.
Are you just passing through NJ, without staying a night?

You should be protected by the Firearms Owners Protection Act, which prevents gun control states from harassing people who are just passing through.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

We can use our sportsmen's club. We'll bring an M1 Carbine, a VZ.58, a few CZ's, and a Walther or two.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:41 pm

Will 'dangerous women' be there?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by jackplum
Will 'dangerous women' be there?
I hope so - and OT -really should be in OMNI/PR but boy oh boy old Donald sure is an alpha male. A selection of trophy wives - really hot. I don't care if they plagiarize.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by Zorak
Good to hear from you again, safe travels!

I've seen references to past ATL DOs but I've only been around here for about a year. I'm always up for meeting other FTers, even the ones I think are wrong about everything

Have recently been thinking it'd be nice to start up a SFO/SJC/OAK happy hour thread similar to the DC one. Open to all of course, per FT rules, but it seems like there are a lot of us who steadfastly resist being hub captive. Will probably post something shortly before I head back from this east coast trip.
And when the dragon asks what credentials do all of you guys have to get in the SC we can say we are all guesting each other. Maybe we can also have enough people in the SC to the hit the max # of people allowed in the SC so that one person has to leave before another can enter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.