Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Howste
For the record, I dressed as an auditor again today. I'll do it again next week. Fear me.
Why on earth would you pick a profession that would make you one of the most reviled people on earth?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by scoow
Or maybe just put the Milk Duds on top to save tearing through the rest of the bag? After all, caramel & chocolate = plastic explosive. I'm sure the Milk Duds packaging would be a great cover.
Clearly, my option next time I pack Milk Duds. However, I had no idea they were so dangerous!

How many Milk Duds fit in a quart baggie?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
We had Milk Duds in our Halloween candy bowls in flight ops. On Monday I am going to scrounge up as many as I can and then subject myself to the TSA checkpoint. How much fun would that be

-J.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Jesus Christ guys and gals, just been to a Japanese Restaurant in Connecticut. Way too many Sake bombs - but feeling wonderful.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
We had Milk Duds in our Halloween candy bowls in flight ops. On Monday I am going to scrounge up as many as I can and then subject myself to the TSA checkpoint. How much fun would that be

-J.
If you're not in solitary, report back on how it goes.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)

-J.
Don't get your SIDA badge pulled.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:07 am

OK. I'm sure I'm not the 1st to post about this, but I have to vent for just a sec. Why does every red-eye I take through ATL gate at either A or B, but the showers are in E?

I know, I know; 1st world problem. ...but at 0630, after flying all night, I get cranky!

Rant over...
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:13 am

Currently #2 of 3, with 2 upgrades available for the ride home. Wish me luck!
Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by jackal
Why on earth would you pick a profession that would make you one of the most reviled people on earth?
Sometimes you get to choose the career, and sometimes the career chooses you. I'm not a financial auditor by the way.
Be sure to swallow some Milk Duds whole before you do it, since you obviously enjoy cavity searches.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure I like the location of the DL Skyclub in BOS- I am out of A10 but the SC is about 1/4 mile away.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
Currently #2 of 3, with 2 upgrades available for the ride home. Wish me luck!
The good news is, I'm finally home. The bad; I missed the UG by 1. In the ~10 mins it took me to get from the SC in E to my gate in B, somebody slipped in ahead of me. <sigh>
Old Nov 3, 2013, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Not sure I like the location of the DL Skyclub in BOS- I am out of A10 but the SC is about 1/4 mile away.
I haven't been to the BOS SC since the NW days. Is it still where the old WorldClub was? I only used it once, on my way to AMS.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 1:10 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: AA CK Spouse, BAEC Silver , HH Dia, BonVoy Titanium, (former)Caesars7*, (former)Wynn Black, HR Icon
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
While not an expert, the vast majority of the mainline flights (and international flights) depart from A13 TO A22, and are situated near the SkyClub. Yes, BOS-AMS is always (or seems to be) A14.

The gates on the other side of the tunnel, are mostly shuttle, regional jet and United (ex-Continental routes).

I guess, I seldom leave from those gates, so it doesn't bother me.

IIRC, there was a 2nd SkyClub where the United Club is now (near those "low" number A gates).
Old Nov 3, 2013, 1:11 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: AA CK Spouse, BAEC Silver , HH Dia, BonVoy Titanium, (former)Caesars7*, (former)Wynn Black, HR Icon
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
I haven't been to the BOS SC since the NW days. Is it still where the old WorldClub was? I only used it once, on my way to AMS.
You are thinking of the old NW operations in Terminal E. Most of those (previous NW) gates are now used by WN. That lounge was a 1980s dungeon.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now I am now in T2 at JFK and my flight to MCI is out of Gate 66. OMG the Skyclub is in a very convenient location!!

Before you ask - I am drinking Gordons and Tonic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.