Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by mikey1003
Elite members will continue to have free access to Select Seating, including exit or bulkhead seats, on every Northwest operated flight. As an additional Elite benefit, you will have the option to purchase Coach Choice seating 36 hours prior to departure using nwa.com® Manage My Reservations.
I read this as them differentiating between Select Seating and Coach Choice seating. Where does it say that NW Plats still get free access to Coach Choice ?
Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by indufan
Isn't it nice of them to give elite members extra time to purchase a Choice seat?
I think it is very nice.

Northwest Airlines could have billed them for that valuable extra time, but it is provided free of charge for Elite members...
Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I would like to invite everyone here to participate in the 2006 ESPN NCAA Basketball Tournament Challenge. I have setup a private group for Delta Lounge members. The group name is "Delta Lounge" and the password is "FlyerTalk". If you would make your entry name a reasonable facsimile of your FlyerTalk name. Worthy of note for those of you that are paranoid, your last name will appear on your ESPN entry. Registration is free (but I am not responsible for any SPAM that you might get). The grand prize for the overall tournament is $10,000. Everyone is invited. The brackets have been filled and your picks must be completed by noon EST Thursday. If you have any trouble getting in, let me know and I can email you a link that will make it easier.
Enter here:
http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/frontpage

Complete rules:
http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/story?pageName=rules

If you are entered and haven't picked your teams yet, now is the time. If you haven't entered, get your rear over there today. Delta Dames you actually can play!!

Last edited by indufan; Mar 15, 2006 at 12:57 pm
Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I think it is very nice.

Northwest Airlines could have billed them for that valuable extra time, but it is provided free of charge for Elite members...
Always looking out for the interests of their best customers, that NW is.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I already said that this sucks!!!!! I won't give them more money for a seat.

I hope that this experiment fails and the DL and everyone else does not pick it up.

The good news is that it is only a very small amount of seats per flight
Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Or as our friend Socrates would point out, this from an airline that truly values its best customers.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

That’s not all.

Beginning on April 1, 2006, all correspondence to Northwest Airlines will be charged US$1.00 per letter via United States postal mail and US$2.50 per e-mail, regardless of topic.

Additionally, all toll-free telephone lines provided by Northwest Airlines will be discontinued. As requested by many of their loyal customers, Northwest Airlines is enhancing their telephone system by providing to customers 1-900 telephone numbers only, billable at US98¢ per minute, regardless of the topic.

If Northwest Airlines needs to contact a customer for whatever reason, representatives will do so via collect calls only. Additionally, a charge of US26¢ per minute will be implemented upon the call.

WorldPerks miles may be substituted for monetary values at the rate of 1017 miles for every US87¢ charged. US87¢ was an amount that was purposely and expressly chosen because it cannot be divided or multiplied by evenly with the charges being implemented by Northwest Airlines, thereby rendering the calculations difficult to figure. Calculations performed by Northwest Airlines to determine how much their customer owes them will be performed at the rate of US19¢ per minute.

All rates displayed here are rounded up to the next minute, free of charge, for the convenience of their customers.

Finally, once FlyerTalk members pay a one-time charge of US$67.41 to access the Northwest forum on FlyerTalk, a fee of US$11.66 will be imposed for launching a new thread. All posts to the Northwest Forum on FlyerTalk will be billed at a rate of US$1.31 per milepost. If the content is negative pertaining to Northwest Airlines, the rate automatically increases to US$19.57 per milepost. These fees are imposed by Northwest Airlines, not by FlyerTalk, and WorldPerks miles may be used instead of currency at the aforementioned rates.

A link to this milepost from the Northwest forum will incur an additional US$6.97 fee.

NOTE: All fees described above do not include any fees, taxes or fuel surcharges.

Last edited by Canarsie; Mar 15, 2006 at 1:03 pm
Old Mar 15, 2006, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
canarsie, from what I see here, you have the wrong job. Delta (or NW) revenue management should hire you IMMEDIATELY
Old Mar 15, 2006, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
I've been looking but can't find where the above is true. So would you (Mr. Redtail between his legs) be so kind as to point me in the right direction?
Both of those threads are so long I've given up on them....as a silver it'll impact me only slightly so it is what it is
Old Mar 15, 2006, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrissxb
canarsie, from what I see here, you have the wrong job. Delta (or NW) revenue management should hire you IMMEDIATELY
No, they should not...

...I neglected to include international rates, as well as fax and office supply fees, as well as other fees similarly imposed by law firms and banks.

I ought to bill Northwest Airlines for the work I put into this...
Old Mar 15, 2006, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLfan
Or as our friend Socrates would point out, this from an airline that truly values its best customers.
I've already made my point clear, I emailed the EVP operations/customer service last saturday expressing my displeasure (gosh I love blackberries, he responded back within 2 mins)....personally I hope this fails but unlike some airlines you can reach the top brass at NWA, Jim Cron CMO (chief Marketing Officer) and Russ (Head of WP) are both personally answering emails on this....can't leave them too much time for anything else

Changing topics...does anyone know when the DL pilots are set to walk?
Old Mar 15, 2006, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
don't forget the fee for paper and printer use when printing passenger list at the gate !!!
Old Mar 15, 2006, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by socrates
Both of those threads are so long I've given up on them....
That makes sense.

That is why you decided to post to this thread...
Old Mar 15, 2006, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That’s not all.

Beginning on April 1, 2006, all correspondence to Northwest Airlines will be charged US$1.00 per letter via United States postal mail and US$2.50 per e-mail, regardless of topic.

Additionally, all toll-free telephone lines provided by Northwest Airlines will be discontinued. As requested by many of their loyal customers, Northwest Airlines is enhancing their telephone system by providing to customers 1-900 telephone numbers only, billable at US98¢ per minute, regardless of the topic.

If Northwest Airlines needs to contact a customer for whatever reason, representatives will do so via collect calls only. Additionally, a charge of US26¢ per minute will be implemented upon the call.

WorldPerks miles may be substituted for monetary values at the rate of 1017 miles for every US87¢ charged. US87¢ was an amount that was purposely and expressly chosen because it cannot be divided or multiplied by evenly with the charges being implemented by Northwest Airlines, thereby rendering the calculations difficult to figure. Calculations performed by Northwest Airlines to determine how much their customer owes them will be performed at the rate of US19¢ per minute.

All rates displayed here are rounded up to the next minute, free of charge, for the convenience of their customers.

Finally, once FlyerTalk members pay a one-time charge of US$67.41 to access the Northwest forum on FlyerTalk, a fee of US$11.66 will be imposed for launching a new thread. All posts to the Northwest Forum on FlyerTalk will be billed at a rate of US$1.31 per milepost. If the content is negative pertaining to Northwest Airlines, the rate automatically increases to US$19.57 per milepost. These fees are imposed by Northwest Airlines, not by FlyerTalk, and WorldPerks miles may be used instead of currency at the aforementioned rates.

A link to this milepost from the Northwest forum will incur an additional US$6.97 fee.

NOTE: All fees described above do not include any fees, taxes or fuel surcharges.
There is a thread on this in the NW forums...
Old Mar 15, 2006, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That makes sense.

That is why you decided to post to this thread...
there were 8 pages in one of those threads alone in a 8 hour period of time....I can't keep up with that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.