Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2006, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by mikey1003

Just came across this last week while attending their Financial Cont, it is free! check it out and find some new music!

http://www.pandora.com/
Old Mar 14, 2006, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Can't wait to hear Mikey's spin on the NW announcement today. If you have not read the thread on NW charging for premium COACH seats and you have an hour or two, the thread on NW is sad reading.

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Mar 14, 2006 at 3:35 pm
Old Mar 14, 2006, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Can't wait to hear Mikey's spin on the NW announcement today. If you have not read the thread on NW charging for premium COACH seats and you have an hour or two, the thread on NW is sad reading.
there's been a thread on it for the past week and he's already commented on it.........I think it'll spread to the other airlines but it'll be ugly for a few days/weeks
Old Mar 14, 2006, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by socrates
there's been a thread on it for the past week and he's already commented on it.........I think it'll spread to the other airlines but it'll be ugly for a few days/weeks
I don't know about it spreading to the other companies. They are after all competitors and it can be seen that such as the removal of pillows and blankets by DL and NW AFAIK was not copied by the others. I like to have a pillow and Franny likes to have a blanket and that was one of the reasons that it was very easy for us to switch from DL to US for the South Florida runs.

I have also paid the freight for the "premium" seats on Virgin Blue (I think that it was A$25 or 30. It's strictly a matter of opinion down there as to whether that is value for the money but I think that I will weigh in on the side of "not value."

So good luck to the World Perksters who have spent their time getting Elite cards so in the event (admittely rare) that they don't get upgraded, they can find out how the other half lives in the middle seats.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Can't wait to hear Mikey's spin on the NW announcement today.
I can't imagine he'll like it but he said he gets 100% upgrades so it hopefully won't affect him too much.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Does not apply to PEs, I can have any open seat I want...Plus, I have been upgraded to 1st on every flight the past 12 months. (only not upgraded 5 times since I switched to NW almost 3 years ago)

.....But still sucks. I do not think it can last.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Does not apply to PEs....
According to the NW forum, it applies to all elites... or did I just waste my time reading that thread?

Was this Cholula?

Last edited by Traveller; Mar 14, 2006 at 10:28 pm
Old Mar 15, 2006, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Traveller
According to the NW forum, it applies to all elites... or did I just waste my time reading that thread?

Was this Cholula?
you waisted your time...the fee is waived for Plats guess I'll need to make plat this year
Old Mar 15, 2006, 5:31 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by socrates
you waisted your time...the fee is waived for Plats guess I'll need to make plat this year
I've been looking but can't find where the above is true. So would you (Mr. Redtail between his legs) be so kind as to point me in the right direction?

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Mar 15, 2006 at 6:08 am
Old Mar 15, 2006, 6:54 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium

Yeah but I'm happy to report I'm out on bail.
Those bills certainly impressed the bail bondsman.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unhappy I misread email......It sucks

Was this Cholula?
Prefer an aisle or exit row seat? Northwest Introduces Coach ChoiceSM Seating!

Starting March 14, Northwest will save some preferred seats (including aisle and exit row seats) in coach class until check-in, which is available 24 hours prior to departure. You can confirm these preferred seat assignments for only $15 per flight.

Elite members will continue to have free access to Select Seating, including exit or bulkhead seats, on every Northwest operated flight. As an additional Elite benefit, you will have the option to purchase Coach Choice seating 36 hours prior to departure using nwa.com® Manage My Reservations.

For your upcoming trip, go to nwa.com Manage My Reservations, nwa.com check-in® or a Northwest self-service check-in kiosk at the airport to purchase your Coach Choice seats.

Coach Choice is a test product available anywhere in the U.S. Only 5% of seat assignments will be saved for Coach Choice so check in early for more choices.

Visit www.nwa.com/features/coachchoice for more details.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been looking but can't find where the above is true. So would you (Mr. Redtail between his legs) be so kind as to point me in the right direction?
Only good thing is that it is only a few seats

http://www.nwa.com/features/coachcho...itecoachchoice

Elites
Q: Are there any benefits for WorldPerks Elite members?
A: Yes. WorldPerks and SkyTeam Elite members have early access to Coach Choice seats. Elite members may purchase these seat assignments prior to check-in at 36 hours prior to departure using nwa.com. All other passengers may purchase only during the check-in process.

Q: Are there still Premium Select Seats for Elite members?
A: Yes. Select Seats remain available to Elite members up to 90 days prior to departure, free of charge.

Q: After purchasing Coach Choice, if a WorldPerks member standing by for First Class is upgraded, is the Coach Choice fee refunded?
A: No. The Coach Choice fee is nonrefundable in the case of upgrades.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Cholula
Yeah but I'm happy to report I'm out on bail.
Those bills certainly impressed the bail bondsman.
Just where the hell would you try and spend a billion dollar bill? Who do you know that would have change for that? What did you try and get a lap dance and impress the girl by telling her to "keep the change"?
Old Mar 15, 2006, 9:31 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by indufan
Just where the hell would you try and spend a billion dollar bill? Who do you know that would have change for that? What did you try and get a lap dance and impress the girl by telling her to "keep the change"?
Hard to believe some knucklehead would try to pawn off a $1,000,000,000 bill!
Hell I have enough trouble trying to find someone to make change for a $100 bill.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond

Elite members will continue to have free access to Select Seating, including exit or bulkhead seats, on every Northwest operated flight. As an additional Elite benefit, you will have the option to purchase Coach Choice seating 36 hours prior to departure using nwa.com® Manage My Reservations.
Isn't it nice of them to give elite members extra time to purchase a Choice seat?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.