Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:40 pm

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
One of things I don't miss much about FT (only pass thru 2 or 3 times a week these days) are the pinheads who are always worrying about what other people are doing and/or whether others' posts belong in FT and/or whether other's posts should "count".
I'm not sure how people are able to accumulate so many posts, regardless of OMNI "count" or whatnot. I'm also not sure why it was such a weighty debate for some. Post count doesn't mean much to me unless it's someone's first/second post and they're obviously trolling hard. (then it's just entertaining... )
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Why is it that every time I take the dogs to the vet, we end up with one of starting new meds? The vet removed Geno's stitches yesterday, and after today or tomorrow, I can stop giving him aspirin, but now Cobaka is on meds for a month.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
OP on that thread was a troll who wanted to leave FT. That's not really a bad thing either.
Was that Lizbeth?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Was that Lizbeth?
I think so
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:21 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sp4294
Hello, new to Delta!
Flying YYJ to SEA with AS in Y (no J) and then continuing with DL to ATL same day on separate ticket in business class with my wife. Will the DL J seat get us access to the DL lounge in SEA-TAC and then again in ATL and SEA-TAC on the way back?
Thanks for your help
Welcome to The Lounge™, sp4294!

Unfortunately, I do not believe you will get access to any airport lounge, as flights between Canada and the United States are largely treated as though they were domestic flights.

I believe complimentary lounge access is provided only if you have international business class tickets.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by kipper
I need to start drinking the 12 pack of Ranger IPA I have. It's probably 2 months old, and still intact.
Which is more than most women who hang around with 12 Rangers can say.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I have not heard of that team before now. Would you like for me to look into it for you?

Welcome to The Lounge™, NW Mourning and canonikon, whom I would venture to guess is into photography...
Yes that would be great. I would very much appreciated it.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:33 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Dovster
Which is more than most women who hang around with 12 Rangers can say.
*groan* Here, I thought you'd enjoy it if I was drunk.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:48 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canonikon
Yes that would be great. I would very much appreciated it.
I forwarded your request to a contact I know at Delta Air Lines.

I will let you know if I hear from that person...
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond

Unfortunately, I do not believe you will get access to any airport lounge, as flights between Canada and the United States are largely treated as though they were domestic flights.

I believe complimentary lounge access is provided only if you have international business class tickets.
You are right. I have been able to get into the PP lounge though at YVR/YYZ before, but that's through AMEX.
For CAD spending I largely use VoyagesPlus and RBC Infinite, and for USD spending everything goes on my AMEX.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more

Actually, from a lounge perspective, the flight does get treated as international.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Actually, from a lounge perspective, the flight does get treated as international.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
And it also does from the point of the CBSA.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by kipper
*groan* Here, I thought you'd enjoy it if I was drunk.
I am certain I would even enjoy it if you were sober -- the problem is that you probably would not.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even just a chair in the terminal is good enough for me. YVR has free wifi and Tim Horton's.
If I want alcohol I can drink it in flight.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by obnoxoid
I'm not sure how people are able to accumulate so many posts, regardless of OMNI "count" or whatnot. I'm also not sure why it was such a weighty debate for some. Post count doesn't mean much to me unless it's someone's first/second post and they're obviously trolling hard. (then it's just entertaining... )
at 10k post, you get a special title.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.