Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by skchin
Enough about Jeter and his entourage of girlfriends during the world series.
It's time for Derek Jeter have to traded away from NYY organization. He had long enough for 16 years in Yankee organization. He have go now!

Bumped thread back from pgs 2.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by N830MH
It's time for Derek Jeter have to traded away from NYY organization. He had long enough for 16 years in Yankee organization. He have go now!...
Not an opinion that is universally shared.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by jackal
And yes, get yer Fairbanks-frozen-rear-end down here! We're waiting.
It ain't frozen yet!

I enjoyed my train ride back to FAI on the Denali Star. Shouldn't have been too surprised when 90% of the passengers got off at Denali. The summertime scenery is nice, but I think I actually prefer the winter train. The snow is scenic, and the air was clearer. And the fare was cheaper.

David
Old Aug 29, 2011, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DiverDave
...I think I actually prefer the winter train. The snow is scenic, and the air was clearer. And the fare was cheaper. ...
Alaska in the winter???? What are you, nuts like those guys who live there?

I only met you once and that time you did not show serious mental imbalance as you are doing right now.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by monitor
Alaska in the winter???? What are you, nuts like those guys who live there?
That was four years ago in March. It wasn't too frigid, and I was just there for a 10 day TDY trip. It was scenic. I was also in a nice heated train. Well, except for when I took photos from the open windows between train cars.

Originally Posted by monitor
I only met you once and that time you did not show serious mental imbalance as you are doing right now.
Unhappily, it seems my work at Ft. Greely has been extended to the end of the year. It's either that or consider retirement. The last month in the stock market has put a significant dent into the latter option. Now if somebody at Vandenberg would quit, then I would be most pleased to fill in there instead!

David
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I think I actually prefer the winter train. The snow is scenic, and the air was clearer. And the fare was cheaper.
A deep, dark secret that monitor doesn't want you to know about: he has taken that very same train.

Unhappily, it seems my work at Ft. Greely has been extended to the end of the year. It's either that or consider retirement. The last month in the stock market has put a significant dent into the latter option. Now if somebody at Vandenberg would quit, then I would be most pleased to fill in there instead!
Spending winter in Interior Alaska allows you to call yourself a true Alaskan. There's your silver lining.

Oddly, I grew up about 120 miles north of Vandenberg. Now I'm 350 miles south of Fairbanks. Are you reverse-following me?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A deep, dark secret that monitor doesn't want you to know about: he has taken that very same train. ...
Why is it that I have erased memories of certain aspects of that trip from my memory?

Yes, we did ride that train and when we arranged to go up there, I had forgotten that mid-March was still the dead of winter. When we got to the interior, the temps were in the 20-30 below range the entire time and vows were made about not returning at any time save high summer.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Are you will be okay this weekend. I heard Hurricane Irene is heading north now. You can following it down the website at www.stormpulse.com and you can track the Hurricane Irene.
Hurricane Irene came and went...power was out from 11am-ish yesterday until 1:55am today. Wendy's had to close eventually - you can't make anything. Being there with the power out was a bit weird but I enjoyed just relaxing for a bit.

A tree fell onto my house, sort of. A part of it landed on the roof, it may have made a dent in it but nothing completely broke through. A lot of down trees and leaves but nothing serious.

Forget it! Yankees aren't eligible to win the World Series championship for the miserable life. Yankees are very worst team for a long time and can't have wasting their time to win the game. Enough is enough. They aren't allowed to win the championship game for the life.
+1

I can't believe I'll be spending my last day as a free person working, especially after today. Lunch rush was 11:30-3 today and the drive thru line was out of the parking lot and into the street. Granted we were 2 people short The manager that was supposed to close tonight (who is in MA for a year with residence in HNL, his car has HI plates) walked it, saw how dirty the store was and the fact that there were only 4 people working and how behind we were, just quit and walked out. He's just sick of his boss (who is the GM and does nothing after lunch rush).
Old Aug 30, 2011, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N639DL
Hurricane Irene came and went...power was out from 11am-ish yesterday until 1:55am today. Wendy's had to close eventually - you can't make anything. Being there with the power out was a bit weird but I enjoyed just relaxing for a bit.

A tree fell onto my house, sort of. A part of it landed on the roof, it may have made a dent in it but nothing completely broke through. A lot of down trees and leaves but nothing serious.
My god! I can't believe it that tree is fall down near your house. I felt sorry to hear from you & the entire family due to Hurricane Irene. Is your house okay? There is no major damaged at all? Do they have removed the tree out of the streets.

Originally Posted by N639DL
+1

I can't believe I'll be spending my last day as a free person working, especially after today. Lunch rush was 11:30-3 today and the drive thru line was out of the parking lot and into the street. Granted we were 2 people short The manager that was supposed to close tonight (who is in MA for a year with residence in HNL, his car has HI plates) walked it, saw how dirty the store was and the fact that there were only 4 people working and how behind we were, just quit and walked out. He's just sick of his boss (who is the GM and does nothing after lunch rush).
You gonna leave from Wendy's for a while. Are you going back to school? I wasn't sure what exactly happened over there. Do you have any suggest problem the weather concerns. I am afraid Wendy's will remain closed due to Hurricane Irene. Hopefully, they will rebuilding the community. It will take a while to recovery who lost their homes. Do we have a donated the money who lost their homes, church and etc.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:22 am

Oddly, I grew up about 120 miles north of Vandenberg. Now I'm 350 miles south of Fairbanks. Are you reverse-following me?
Busted.

Anyway, it's good to be home. I guess I was lucky my travel wasn't disrupted by Irene. Pretty much everything ran on time.

I will requalify for Diamond this Saturday on the MSP-FAI segment.

David
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
If they extend your Ft. Greely assignment until next summer (or you want to come back and visit old friends here), check this out: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...24-2012-a.html

Last edited by jackal; Sep 1, 2011 at 8:32 pm
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was so quiet and nobody who haven't post the DL Lounge for more than 24 hours. I am taking a break from the forum more than 48 hours from now. Oh well!

Once again the weather was very extremely hot for everyday. It was over 110 degrees out there. So I can't stand it!!! I need go someplace else. The weather was so miserably. It gonna very extremely hot tomorrow is 112 degrees out there. I have keep inside the house. It's horrible!!! This is hottest days of the year.

Bumped thread back from pgs 4.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
It was so quiet and nobody who haven't post the DL Lounge for more than 24 hours. I am taking a break from the forum more than 48 hours from now. Oh well!

Once again the weather was very extremely hot for everyday. It was over 110 degrees out there. So I can't stand it!!! I need go someplace else. The weather was so miserably. It gonna very extremely hot tomorrow is 112 degrees out there. I have keep inside the house. It's horrible!!! This is hottest days of the year.

Bumped thread back from pgs 4.
it's nice and cool with the ocean breeze here in socal
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
I have to wear my jacket and pants at night, it's so cold here
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Perfect constant 70s here in Antigua. And no afternoon storms for two days, making afternoon cafe/bar access conveniently dry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.