Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 3:28 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Morning to The Lounge™, The Mansion™, The Grotto™ and The Boat™! Off for my lab work then to see the Dr. Oh, how much fun getting old is not.

Originally Posted by turnpike17
Such an entertaining read...
Welcome turnpike17 to The Lounge™, The Mansion™, The Grotto™ and The Boat™.

Originally Posted by runninaway
Well... one post did trash the D95, but no IFE report. TJ, what gives? Were there any George Lopez re-runs shown to make the flight at least tolerable?????
Welcome runninaway to The Lounge™, The Mansion™, The Grotto™ and The Boat™.

Originally Posted by ADLFO
I'm so glad we had this time together
Just to have a laugh and sing a song
Seems we just got started, and before we knew it
Came the time we had to say, "So long".

-Carol Burnette

Today was a fairytale.

-Taylor Swift

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Welcome to The Lounge™, turnpike17!

Is there anyone else who has not been officially welcomed to The Lounge™ — other than me, that is?!?You forgot to tug your earlobe...
Not that it matters at this juncture but I do not recall a welcome, or is it that part of my gray matter I've lost which has forgotten?

Originally Posted by mersk862
Welcome to The Lounge™ Canarsie. You are the first FlyerTalker to post in The Lounge™
+1
Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:05 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: AA CK Spouse, BAEC Silver , HH Dia, BonVoy Titanium, (former)Caesars7*, (former)Wynn Black, HR Icon
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
a friend sent me a message yesterday, and said that when he stops by he will have with him :

"Macallan 18 1988, 1989, and 1990 as well as a 21 year fine oak"

now, that's going to be a FUN evening!

(note : I'm really much more of a cognac and bourbon boy --- but, a single malt tasting will be an enjoyable summer break)
Originally Posted by monitor
And this is being held where?

From someone just coming off a week in Scotland testing as many of the malts that he could get his hands on, there are bottles that could be brought to such a meeting if it had a reasonable venue.
The venue will be Chez baccarat_king in Southern, New Hampshire. Conveniently located 40 minutes from Boston-Logan or 25 minutes from MHT. Afternoon 'port pickups can be arranged.

Tentatively scheduled for Thursday, 22nd July. Probably will do the tasting in the afternoon, prior to a small dinner party. (and, did I mention cigars?)

Interested? Send me a PM or email : baccarat_guy at me dot com

My friend went on to discuss a few of his other desired tastings; but I must admit, this stuff is way way too high end for my single malt palate.

"Last Vegas trip this guy in a restaurant I was in ordered Macallan 55 at a mere $1650 a shot. I saw the bottle at the Aria high end BJ pit and they told me it was $2500 a shot there! And I thought the 1947 at $650 a shot in Wing Lei Wynn was expensive."
Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:36 am
In Memoriam

..... but I am really starting to lose my patience...
The effects of the most recent purchase.

You had much more patience before you bought a cell phone.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
The venue will be Chez baccarat_king in Southern, New Hampshire. Conveniently located 40 minutes from Boston-Logan or 25 minutes from MHT. Afternoon 'port pickups can be arranged...
I wonder if there's helicopter service between CT & NH...
Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:48 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.182 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by underpressure
..... but I am really starting to lose my patience...
The effects of the most recent purchase.

You had much more patience before you bought a cell phone.
One needs to slkow down, close your eyes, breath deeply and think of a place without the current frustrations. If that doesn't work then throw the thing out of the window.

Last edited by Italy98; Jul 13, 2010 at 6:07 am
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:02 am
In Memoriam

Stop watch started..... @:-)
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:13 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.182 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I apologize if this is duplicated in my last post, however, I do not see it.

Front page of USA Today "Backlash grows vs. full-body scanners" and a related article."

Last edited by Italy98; Jul 13, 2010 at 8:37 am Reason: Added links
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:16 am

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
Originally Posted by mersk862
Technically you are a master - it is a title (much like mister, miss, misses, etc.) that is bestowed on a young man that is not yet an adult.
When you book on dl.com you have the choice of Mr, Mrs, Ms, Mstr and Miss. My boys, 16 and 12, are still 'Mstr;' even thought the 16 year old just got his permit and is driving his mom all over town on errands.

Maybe I should have started a separate thread with this helpful information.

...and I haven't been welcomed either...not that I frequent any of the trademarked venues hereabouts...
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: AA CK Spouse, BAEC Silver , HH Dia, BonVoy Titanium, (former)Caesars7*, (former)Wynn Black, HR Icon
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I wonder if there's helicopter service between CT & NH...
LOL, the SO drives back to the 'shire from Plainville, CT that day. Nonstop Infiniti G service.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:18 am

LOL, the SO drives back to the 'shire from Plainville, CT that day. Nonstop Infiniti G service.
Does she offer pre-drive beverage service?
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:36 am

Welcome to The Lounge™, The Mansion™, The Grotto™ and The Boat™ SeaClay007!

Last edited by Italy98; Jul 13, 2010 at 8:35 am
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Dovster
I awoke this morning and found hundreds of posts by those hoping to get the 60,000th milepost. I also noted that there were some shenanigans as three of the posts were combined into one with the following notation:
Shena Again?

I went to sleep with milepost 60k (in honor of the Amex boost) but awoke two miles short. That's fine, I am honored to bequeath that post to the most worthy WBurcham. I normally go out of my way to avoid mileposts, but this was a special occasion.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Originally Posted by Dovster
I awoke this morning and found hundreds of posts by those hoping to get the 60,000th milepost. I also noted that there were some shenanigans as three of the posts were combined into one with the following notation:
Shena Again?

I went to sleep with milepost 60k (in honor of the Amex boost) but awoke two miles short. That's fine, I am honored to bequeath that post to the most worthy WBurcham. I normally go out of my way to avoid mileposts, but this was a special occasion.
60,000 miles! He's made Gold and is on his way to Plat!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Italy98

Welcome to The Lounge SeaClay007!
Sweet. I'm official now.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by SeaClay007
Does she offer pre-drive beverage service?
Of course!

but, the open bar is limited to Woodford and Hennessy minis; served 'neat' -- of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.