Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by SFO86
4. Food in Econ on UA is terrible. Any better at DL?
5. CS in UA not the best (wait times even on premier line horrendously long). Any better at DL? FAs?
6. United Club v. Delta SkyClub?
4. Free food on DL Econ doesn't exist, domestically. Nothing memorable on the trans-oceanic runs. They usually give you a choice of 2 dinner entrees with tiny portions. Some think UA Econ Plus is a slightly better product than DL EC.

5. With elite status, DL CS by phone is good. They seem to try. DL FAs are generally friendly and accommodating, but there are exceptions. I've only flown CO, not UA, in the last 3 years. I'd give DL the edge.

7. United Clubs that are former PCs are my choice. Some staffers at SkyClubs can be disinterested, bordering on arrogant. SCs have some similar food options, but (depending on the day-part) the bagels, cheese, cereal, muffins and fixings are reliably good offerings in the PC/UA Clubs and more hit-and-miss in SkyClubs. Others will take issue, of course. Bigger is not always better as far as lounges go, IMO.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 2:17 am

SkyMiles Status Match and CS

I'm moving to Raleigh from Denver and thought I would give Delta a chance. Currently a Continental Platinum and applied for a status match. The process seemed straightforward, but after a week I got an email that they needed more information. Immediately replied and its been another week and still haven't heard anything. Today I thought I would call Delta customer service to see what was going on and I was shocked to find 1) had to wait over 30 minutes to talk to a rep 2) the rep was completely powerless to help and couldn't transfer me to anyone who could.

Is this normal CS? Do Delta Platinum get a different phone #? How long does a status match take? Do they often reject people? Currently, I'm thinking I made a mistake even bothering to try - I like United and have had great service. They just don't have a lot of options in RDU.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
The elite CS lines pick up very quickly and are staffed by much more competent agents than you'll get on the general line. Once-in-a-while (usually during massive weather situations affecting multiple regions) the FO line might have a five minute wait, but I don't think I've had more than 30 seconds since making GM and subsequently PM. There's one number for FOs and another number for GM/PM/DM that apparently routes your call with increasing priority once you enter your SkyMiles number.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 5:13 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
:-:Welcome to FT OP!:-:

As the above poster mentioned, status matters, especially when phoning in.

I had my status match a few years back. Usually take a month.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Welcome to FlyerTalk, schulzpm!

There are many many threads about status match, easy to find using the Search feature above. If you are wondering about the experience of others, there is a master status match thread here. More people follow that thread and may be able to offer some guidance...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ve-thread.html
Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
So If I am BA Silver that equals Silver status on Delta.
And I'd need 8000 miles MQM in 90 days to keep that for a year.

But what would i need to travel in the 90 day period to get to gold?

Got a big wedge of travel (pretty much around the world) coming up, and I'd like to have a lounge option with Skyteam...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mfgr
And I'd need 8000 miles MQM in 90 days to keep that for a year.

But what would i need to travel in the 90 day period to get to gold?
50K MQM or 60 segments. Short-cut to Silver isn't a head start on Gold.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
50K MQM or 60 segments. Short-cut to Silver isn't a head start on Gold.

Surely is BA Silver is OW Sapphire that matches in status to AA Platinum and therefore the status match is to DL Gold?

Or am i barking up the wrong tree?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, DL Platinum Medallion, AF Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I status matched to DL Plat in mid-January from being DL nothing (except Amex DL Reserve). So far I've done about 20k out of the 26k required.

Last week I got an email asking me to pick my choice benefits. Once logged in, delta.com asks me to pick my benefits for 2011 and 2012 before end of February. I'm a bit puzzled since we're not supposed to get our choice benefits until we reach the real Plat threshold at 75k. Picked 200$ credit for both 2011 and 2012.

This morning I get two emails with 200$ of credit each. They're showing up in my profile. I'm not complaining, just wondering why...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Arthur Randolph
They're showing up in my profile. I'm not complaining, just wondering why...
I think it's because DL gave you PM status for both 2011 and 2012 as part of the promotion and will then remove/reduce the status if you haven't hit 26k by the end of the 90 days. I'm 20k miles and a $200 voucher confident they won't pull back the benefits they gave after sending out the emails.

Did I mention I've been becoming more fond of DL in the last couple weeks...
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:12 pm

Thank you all! Reading that thread was interesting (and long.) I finally got the status match, though it was after the first flight I booked with DL. I already got upgraded for 3 of 4 legs on my next flight, so it is looking up.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
Searched this thread for anyone has having the same problem but I didn't see it come up.

I emailed Delta a scanned copy of my AA Elite Card and Statement from AA.com

I received a reply stating the following:
Unfortunately, we are unable to enroll you in our Status Match Challenge as we received incomplete documentation from you.

Please include a legible copy of your current elite card and a current mileage statement that reflects your active elite status. The card and the statement must both reflect that your status is valid for 2012.
The statements under "My Account" of AA.com does not indicate how long the status will last. In terms of the AAdvantage program, that is a predefined date. Anyone here, particularly those that received a status match from the AA accounts, have any suggestions on how to respond.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:24 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by hessinger
Searched this thread for anyone has having the same problem but I didn't see it come up.

The statements under "My Account" of AA.com does not indicate how long the status will last. In terms of the AAdvantage program, that is a predefined date. Anyone here, particularly those that received a status match from the AA accounts, have any suggestions on how to respond.
I sent them a scan of my EXP cards from 2007 through 2011. That was enough information for them to give me a status match.

Greg
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by hessinger

Odd. I got a status match in January (2012). After completing the online status match form, I emailed Delta only a scanned (but legible) copy of my AA Gold card, which expired at the end of February 2012. My confirmation of DL Silver status came through within a few days.

(I will meet the 25k threshold easily this year, and will likely make at least DL Gold without any credit card/other bonuses, FWIW.)
Old Mar 4, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Arthur Randolph
Last week I got an email asking me to pick my choice benefits. Once logged in, delta.com asks me to pick my benefits for 2011 and 2012 before end of February. I'm a bit puzzled since we're not supposed to get our choice benefits until we reach the real Plat threshold at 75k. Picked 200$ credit for both 2011 and 2012.
I picked 2 Tiffany Gift Cards...the both arrived on Friday.

I grabbed stuff they couldn't take back if I failed the challenge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.