Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by bosman
Folks looking into this (like myself, Bos-Cdg flight on July 5) should recognize that July 1 is the Friday before a 3 day weekend. I assume that hours/resources may be constrained on that Friday, so I personally think it's highly unlikely that my request would be approved before my flight. YMMV
Applied today and first flight is 5 July. Will report back as to how long it takes. Hoping it’s before MSP-LAX on 5 July as it would be a nice chunk of MQM’s.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:02 pm

I applied yesterday morning and got a response 24 hours later. It appears that there was an issue with the uploaded documents. I was actually hoping it would not be processed so quickly, because my next flight is not til August, so it may be a blessing in disguise that I messed up.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 12:17 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Applied today and first flight is 5 July. Will report back as to how long it takes. Hoping it’s before MSP-LAX on 5 July as it would be a nice chunk of MQM’s.
Ok so applied Friday 1 July and opened app on Sunday 3 July early hours of the morning and at now PM. Haven’t had a confirmation email though.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Applied 6/30 (Thursday) in the afternoon.
Enrollment confirmation email arrived 5AM on 7/3 (Sunday).
Color me impressed! I was sure it wouldn’t work out with the 4th of July coming up etc.
NZ_Flyer and willoL like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Do award flights count towards this challenge like they do now for normal medallion status qualification?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Do we get a confirmation when we’ve successfully completed the challenge? I registered a couple of retro claims for flights taken before the challenge. So I guess those won’t count - but it makes tracking the progress more complicated.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:35 pm

Also, has something changed or did I make a mistake?
I applied for the challenge on 6/30, assuming I would receive status through December 2024.
Got the confirmation on 7/3, saying I’ll be able to keep my status through 1/31/2024 only.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Also, has something changed or did I make a mistake?
I applied for the challenge on 6/30, assuming I would receive status through December 2024.
Got the confirmation on 7/3, saying I’ll be able to keep my status through 1/31/2024 only.
Actually when I read your previous post I was concerned they would say you enrolled on 6/30, which would give you status through Jan 2023 if you met requirements. I guess they use the day that you were approved, which since it is after June 30 would give you status through Jan 2024. It's spelled out here: https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...atch-challenge.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:11 am

Phew, thanks. I guess someone should update the wiki then?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I just started at a new employer (F100 Bank) and they appear to have a status match arrangement. My BA Gold can be matched to DL Platinum for 6 months and I have to meet a very reduced threshold for renewal.

I submitted my credentials through the link on our intranet yesterday and it suggested 7-14 days turnaround although I have a trip the weekend of the 23rd/24th.

Anyone else done a corporate match recently and have experience of turnaround times? Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fraser
I just started at a new employer (F100 Bank) and they appear to have a status match arrangement. My BA Gold can be matched to DL Platinum for 6 months and I have to meet a very reduced threshold for renewal.

I submitted my credentials through the link on our intranet yesterday and it suggested 7-14 days turnaround although I have a trip the weekend of the 23rd/24th.

Anyone else done a corporate match recently and have experience of turnaround times? Thanks!
it usually takes 4 days or so
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Well this wasn't without some shenanigans!

As I have an upcoming flight on Sunday I wanted to try and ensure it was processed in time. The email I received confirming successful registration (after submitting the status verification items early last week) said to contact Skymiles if I had any questions. On Monday the live messaging person said there was nothing on my account about a status match and yesterday was told the same and that I should call in. I ended up being transferred to someone at the Platinum desk who asked what link I used on the corporate intranet (it was gone!) and said she couldn't see anything and that I should submit the general 3 month status match that's on the website. Rather annoyed about everything I consigned myself to C+ for the upcoming trip....then a couple of hours later got an email from someone on the corporate side at Delta (same email address as when I submitted the documents last week) that said it had been approved and my status should reflect within 24hrs and be valid for at least 6 months. Overnight I saw the status change and I went to the itinerary for the upcoming flight and saw the upgrade to FC had already been processed!

All's well that ends well...
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:32 am

In the Delta status match page, there is a 'company' field that is required, to benefit from any travel arrangement with lower threshold.
Is there any other form on Delta, for requesting a status match if we work for a company that does not have an arrangement with Delta?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by mrahul
In the Delta status match page, there is a 'company' field that is required, to benefit from any travel arrangement with lower threshold.
Is there any other form on Delta, for requesting a status match if we work for a company that does not have an arrangement with Delta?
The field is required but I'm sure you can put whatever you want in that field. "Unemployed", "Self-employed", or "None" for example.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:27 am

Ok, thank you! Will try that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.