Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive A Fare, P Fare, D Fare and I Fare Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive A Fare, P Fare, D Fare and I Fare Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2007, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by allen074
im from nyc - we don't have patience as a gene.
Oh, THAT'S why Atlanta was pleasant in 1993 and unbearable by 2001.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 6:09 pm

Programs: TK Elite, *A Gold, UA Gold, Priority Pass Select, Hertz PC, Marriott SLV
Fare class YLEIL...

Anyone happen to know what fare class YLEIL is? I found it on a DL trip from ATL - TLV.

- Brian

Last edited by bdkorn; Jan 3, 2007 at 11:37 am
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:36 pm

They are back but much higher $ with HUPBV and new rules for QUPM11BV

Ok - searching ATL-LGA - no matter what I search for end of Jan/Feb in fact any dates shows only F -- and all seats are available.

same for jfk - tho ewr still showing A.

... this is horrible - I can't afford $1500 in FC, the $650 I could do

something has got to be wrong. right?

appears A class is gone atl-boston too!

what in the heck is going on here

FYI, it appears "A" class fares are gone for atlanta-jfk, lga. Still appears to be there for EWR.

I was on the phone for 45 minutes with dindia and the a crappy supervisor who basically said "yep a class is gone for that routing forever."

Thye "A" fares are back BUT
They are now much higher with same day travel or one way and they are now HUPBV (new) instead of QUPBV (old) and QUPM1BV (new) requires a 1 night stay and RT.

Last edited by zman; Jan 2, 2007 at 10:42 pm
Old Jan 3, 2007, 7:51 am
Suspended

Programs: NW Plat, UA 2P, DL FO, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
im from nyc - we don't have patience as a gene.
Pity for those that live in Atlanta, particuarly the people actually from there.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:25 am

A Fares

Looking for a site to find Delta A fares out of SAN. Appreciate the assist.

Magic
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:41 am

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
www.delta.com
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:44 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by s25843
That but do an advanced search and choose First class!
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:12 am

Programs: DAL Diamond, JB Mosaic, AGR Select+, SPG Plat 75, Hyatt Diamond, AXP Plat, AXP DAL Reserve, AXP SPG
you can also try http://www.farecompare.com/search/yupfares.html
Old Mar 7, 2007, 3:40 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
HELP: Purchased a ticket in "A", but now it became a "Q"-fare...!

Hi,
I have purchased a domestic ticket on DL by phone. I did this because I needed to use a DB voucher which I couldn´t do online.

I told the agent i would like to purchase a first class fare and would pay the differece betwen the value of the voucher and the actual fare. I was then booked into "A" and did see this fare class online as well. Paid my ticket with my credit card and everything was well.

Today I called DL in Germany and wanted to make a date change to that ticket. The agent told me I cannot do it, as the fare base is Q7UPNBV, which is an economy class ticket in "Q", only with a complementary upgrade to first class.

I did ask the agent that I bought the ticket with to issue a discounted first class ticket and he told me that was the case. Now I was told I have an economy class ticket which cannot be changed if there is no "Q" available on that flight.

What happened here? Did I make a mistake or did the agent book the ticket into the wrong booking class?? What can I do now?

Last edited by berlinflyer; Mar 7, 2007 at 3:46 am Reason: Spelling
Old Mar 7, 2007, 6:22 am

Programs: DL DM
Most 'A' fares are non-refundable and carry a change fee. Did your booking class on delta.com change, or are you still booked into 'A' on your online itinerary?
Old Mar 7, 2007, 6:29 am

More QUP discussion:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399926
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558590
Old Mar 7, 2007, 7:39 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by NHFL9
Most 'A' fares are non-refundable and carry a change fee. Did your booking class on delta.com change, or are you still booked into 'A' on your online itinerary?

Actually, some A fares are not refundable... cannot give an exact percentage, but my impression and experience is that most A fares are indeed refundable.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 8:08 am

I know A fares to Hawaii are usually non-refundable.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Usually, I am the one to blast Delta on this. Your A fare ticket is a first class ticket. But, the fare was derived from a Q class ticket. If you are changing the ticket, I do think it is reasonable for Delta to have Q availability on the new flight to maintain your first class seat. It gets complicated after that. I say, IMHO, if they don't, then the fare should be based upon H class...or the next one up the ladder that is available...even if there is no HUP available. This is where fare classing gets complicated and I bet Jerry Grinstein couldn't explain it to you.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:54 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
If it is booked in A, you don't have to have Q inventory to rebook it . . . you have to have A inventory (and the fare has to allow changes).

The inventory into which a passenger is booked is not neccessarily the same as the fare code. The QUP fare basis books into A inventory. You don't have to have Q inventory to book a QUP.

So, in other words, a flight could be completely sold out in all coach inventory buckets, but you could still book a QUP as long as A inventory was available. Conversely, you could have a plane full of Q inventory available, but you can't book a QUP if there is no A inventory available.

The airlines (not just Delta) try to have their cake and eat it, too, on these YUP/QUP/HUP fares. They do, in fact, sell them as first class fares, but the minute something goes wrong or there is an inquiry, they're very quick to say that they are coach fares with a free upgrade, which is simply not the case (and I say that, in part, because you can't book that fare and sit in coach).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.